Sponsored

Latest update from Ford Performance Tune

Dirty-EB-Chicago

V.I.P Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost (Ingot Silver)
Voids mine. I already looked into it plus I have 20,000 miles on my car already so even if it didn't I would be paying $600 plus installation for a tune that is under warranty for 16,000 miles. Its just come out too late for guys with a car that has some miles on it.
If you have a new car or low miles it may be worth it. If it ever comes out that is.
There is a huge difference between voiding your warranty and leaving you with an uncomfortably small window of warranty time. and 16,000 miles is like an entire year that you could beat the crap out of your car and if it pops your covered. you could potentially mislead someone who reads your post so be careful lol. p.s. i hate you for having ruby red, i wanta repaint to ruby and i just might :cheers:
Sponsored

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
There is a huge difference between voiding your warranty and leaving you with an uncomfortably small window of warranty time. and 16,000 miles is like an entire year that you could beat the crap out of your car and if it pops your covered. you could potentially mislead someone who reads your post so be careful lol. p.s. i hate you for having ruby red, i wanta repaint to ruby and i just might :cheers:
I had Levitown Ford, a vendor on here call Ford and ask if it voided my powertrain warranty if I added the tune and he was told it would. I am just going by what I was told by a vendor. I did not buy my car new so I have the certified used warranty and I dont want to do something that will void that warranty so I asked for him to look into it and I was told it would void it.

On the flip side I just dont want everyone to assume they wont have any issues with this tune as in my case it looks like its not in the works for me. I will contact the dealer I bought the car from and see what they say if this tune ever comes out as they have not said anything about my mods so far.

Just be sure your dealer approves use of this tune before you add it and end up having a legal battle on your hands. I have read time and again of guys having warranty work denied for much less than a tune. Thats all.

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
I had Levitown Ford, a vendor on here call Ford and ask if it voided my powertrain warranty if I added the tune and he was told it would. I am just going by what I was told by a vendor. I did not buy my car new so I have the certified used warranty and I dont want to do something that will void that warranty so I asked for him to look into it and I was told it would void it.

On the flip side I just dont want everyone to assume they wont have any issues with this tune as in my case it looks like its not in the works for me. I will contact the dealer I bought the car from and see what they say if this tune ever comes out as they have not said anything about my mods so far.

Just be sure your dealer approves use of this tune before you add it and end up having a legal battle on your hands. I have read time and again of guys having warranty work denied for much less than a tune. Thats all.
It voids your Ford factory warranty only if the problem was due to the tune. Then, its covered under the Ford Performance warranty if you registered for the warranty when u installed the tune

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
Thats what you were told or read but I was told otherwise by the vendor who contacted Ford directly. Thats why I figured that if it ever comes out I will talk to my service manager and see what he tells me. I definitely dont want to lose my powertrain warranty.
All I am saying is everyone should check with the dealer who installs the tune for them to make sure they say the warranty is intact.

Dirty-EB-Chicago

V.I.P Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Good point I guess i had assumed we were talking on standard warranties, and yeah if i were you id have an aftermarket tune on it if I felt the need to tune it. I'm gonna pick the FP tune up (if it ever gets released) until i've got the money together for my bolt-ons, then i'm going Tune+, and eventually big turbo kit. this will give me a year (or until i get bored) to just beat the crap outta my car at the track.

Sponsored

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
Its my daily driver so I was really hoping that I could add this tune and keep my certified warranty but thats not what I was told. Funny thing is if I bought the car and it was already tuned and then the dealer certified it would they have to honor the warranty ? I know they missed an obvious problem with my car and they certified it and then tried to get out of repairing the car so I could see where that could happen.

In your case having a 2016 I would do the same thing you are doing and believe me I want to tune my car but I dont want a $6000 repair bill for a new short block either.

Dirty-EB-Chicago

V.I.P Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Its my daily driver so I was really hoping that I could add this tune and keep my certified warranty but thats not what I was told. Funny thing is if I bought the car and it was already tuned and then the dealer certified it would they have to honor the warranty ? I know they missed an obvious problem with my car and they certified it and then tried to get out of repairing the car so I could see where that could happen.

In your case having a 2016 I would do the same thing you are doing and believe me I want to tune my car but I dont want a $6000 repair bill for a new short block either.
Yeah the im doing mental gymnastics to justify it, ive been telling myself it it blows ill just go built shortblock lol. Thats crazy that they certified an already tuned mustang, depending on the tune that could be a plus sorta. i'm still running stock at the moment so i love it while knowing there is so much potential, mortgage payments are keeping me in the planning stage at the moment :(

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP

Dirty-EB-Chicago

V.I.P Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm gonna have to take a look at that after work, ill send you a PM on it so we can give this thread back to the people patiently waiting for news on the FP tune haha.

Last edited:

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
I will contact the dealer I bought the car from and see what they say if this tune ever comes out as they have not said anything about my mods so far.
Since you're local to me, i'm curious who your local dealer is. I purchased from Mullinax, but haven't inquired whether small mods would be an issue with them.

Sponsored

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
Same but their Kissimmee location. So far they have not said anything about my mods but they have yet to see it since I lowered it and added the wheels. They were ok with the catch can, shifter and exhaust.

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Z28 Camaro and 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
I still don't understand why there is soo much hype for this tune. 25hp and 70tq peak gain at the crank is mediocre performance for the money and you would still have to deal with warranty concerns and putting stock parts back on the car if something happens. I really want it to be released though just to see the whp numbers.

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
I still don't understand why there is soo much hype for this tune. 25hp and 70tq peak gain at the crank is mediocre performance for the money and you would still have to deal with warranty concerns and putting stock parts back on the car if something happens. I really want it to be released though just to see the whp numbers.
Because it's not peak numbers everyone is after, it's reliability and testing by the people that built the motor. Any Joe can turn the boost up and tinker with the timing, but seeing the number of issues with a certain tune that's widely available definitely makes me take a second look. 25hp is only part of the picture, 100hp gain at 6k RPM with just a tune that should carry a warranty...

Dirty-EB-Chicago

V.I.P Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Peak gains of 30hp and 70lbs/ft at ~5500rpm
40hp and 60lbs/ft average gain from 2500-5000rpm
75hp and 64lbs/ft average gain from 5500-6800rpm
100hp maximum gain at ~6000rpm

Id like to see the dyno graph bc this indicates to me at least that the 'flat on its face' effect the stock tune has over 5k rpm may be remedied to a degree. that simply my initial impression. were all sitting here like whens it come out? and we havn't even seen the dyno graph yet lol.

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Z28 Camaro and 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Peak gains of 30hp and 70lbs/ft at ~5500rpm
40hp and 60lbs/ft average gain from 2500-5000rpm
75hp and 64lbs/ft average gain from 5500-6800rpm
100hp maximum gain at ~6000rpm

Id like to see the dyno graph bc this indicates to me at least that the 'flat on its face' effect the stock tune has over 5k rpm may be remedied to a degree. that simply my initial impression. were all sitting here like whens it come out? and we havn't even seen the dyno graph yet lol.
Ford also promised a lot with their GT tune but Thus far the dyno results have been weak. Ford probably used an engine dyno for this tune but that won't translate to great gains on the street.
Sponsored