The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Hang on... so they've [Ford] sold you a car, which they're going to take back from you for 3-4 days due to the need to carry out repairs in respect of material and/or manufacturing defects present at the time of manufacture, and they're not prepared to offer you alternative transport (or an allowance for the same)?

Not only should you not feel in any way gratified by their extremely kind offer to fix a vehicle you bought in good faith from a major manufacturer which contains defects, but I believe the contract for the purchase of the item under consumer law (the Sale of Goods Act 1979 and the subsequent Consumer Rights Act 2015) allows you to expect that the retailer must repair or replace faulty goods 'within a reasonable time but without causing significant inconvenience'.

I would call being left without the mobility afforded to you by an item that you purchased solely for that purpose, to be a major bloody inconvenience!

I think (personally) you need to make another call to Ford CRC.

I agree, it's there whilst im on holiday so doesn't bother me. When my car goes in for underseal I will DEMAND a courtesy car. Otherwise ill be working from home for the days it's being done.

I should have really mentioned that to the woman. When I go in I'm with the service manager, to discuss with him, so i'll do that and mention when underseal comes to happening I want a courtesy car.
Sponsored

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Ford Erdington just called:

Car's booked in for 15th, they'll need the car 3-4 days I had a massive dispute at why the f**k they'd need my car 3-4 days to take pictures of it and have it on the ramp for underseal.

Only to then after a back and forth and then talking to an estimator (again) to be told they're fixing my passanger window & will be doing my boot during them 3-4 days.
I asked about a courtesy car and was told "that doesn't happen with warranty claims"

So I've booked it in whilst I'm on holiday, to be fixed and then i'll pick it up when I'm back from holiday. Just working out logistics of getting back from the bodyshop to either work, or home, to continue work on that day... Oh the joys.

On a plus I guess window and boot being fixed is a plus...

Just a bit racked off the first time I took the car in the estimator never took pictures of the underseal or put it on the ramps regardless of me asking!!
What a crock of shit that you don't get a courtesy car with warranty work!! Ford you need to up your game and do a lot of internal training to make sure everyone is on the same page and know how to help your customers.

I just took the wife's mini in for warranty work and straight away they asked if I needed a car to get back home while they worked on it, oh dear ford.

McDoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A grey car
Hi Manders.
Have you got the email address of a specific person at Ford CRC or do you email a general email address? If you could let me know what the address is I'd appreciate it. Cheers ....

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Not having a courtesy car during warranty work is pretty much std throughout Europe. It's only really the UK where dealers still provide the service.

I did manage to blag/demand a courtesy car from Ford when our 3 day old Focus ruptured it's fuel tank, otherwise it's approx €30-70 per day for a replacement car.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=16198]McDoodle[/MENTION] I email [email protected] with my ref number in the title. i actually get calls mostly, but will email if needed.

Courtesy car is a pain, but i may just walk to a train station and then go home and work from there, or drop it off later in the day and go with my younger brother as he'll be home as my only issue is getting home or to work that day.

Sponsored

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
[MENTION=16198]McDoodle[/MENTION] I email [email protected] with my ref number in the title. i actually get calls mostly, but will email if needed.

Courtesy car is a pain, but i may just walk to a train station and then go home and work from there, or drop it off later in the day and go with my younger brother as he'll be home as my only issue is getting home or to work that day.
This is a dealer issue not a Ford issue, but the dealer should provide a courtesy car and charge back to Ford. The Guildford dealer has a call off arrangement with Enterprise so they never run out. They're not always great, but at least you get one. It would help if Ford had a common policy for their dealers.

If they can't manage it, ask them who you invoice your taxi fares to.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
This is a dealer issue not a Ford issue, but the dealer should provide a courtesy car and charge back to Ford. The Guildford dealer has a call off arrangement with Enterprise so they never run out. They're not always great, but at least you get one. It would help if Ford had a common policy for their dealers.

If they can't manage it, ask them who you invoice your taxi fares to.
I'll try that when i speak to the service manager, my younger brother has offered to convoy with me in my first car (2002 yaris, now his) to the place and then drive me home. :thumbsup:

McDoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A grey car
Cheers Manders. Well I emailed Ford Warranty about the ridiculous 'non-transferable approval' malarkey (as detailed in one of my previous posts) and got the usual 'someone will be in touch within 24hrs' automatic response. So - surprise, surprise - I've heard sweet Fanny Adam.

I've now emailed Ford CRC (as per your supplied email address Manders) and am currently awaiting their suggestion for a simple, common sense solution to this problem ............... :lol::lol::lol:

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
Finally an update from my stealer. Can't say I'm surprised. What's the next step? Have requested the photos they took

Good morning Mr Leek,

My colleague has had a reply back from Ford warranty and policy ref your under seal, the response is as follows

“Thank you for the images.
After review it has been determined that no further action is required.
The black paint is applied and no other protection, this is as design intended”

Many thanks

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Finally an update from my stealer. Can't say I'm surprised. What's the next step? Have requested the photos they took

Good morning Mr Leek,

My colleague has had a reply back from Ford warranty and policy ref your under seal, the response is as follows

many thanks
Colleague was not emailed by Warranty lol - Looks like bullshit.

If it was only 'Black paint' why have others had underseal properly applied
Why does the tsb inform of 3 different products

etc etc. Sounds like bullcr4p. seems the only way I've appeared to be getting anywhere is by a formal complaint.

Sponsored

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!

Good morning Mr Leek,

Many thanks
Pretty much the response I had after my dealer asked Warranty the same question. They added that it is not true that underseal is applied at Zeebrugge. This got me thinking. "who the hell was it that told me the underseal is applied at Zeebrugee?......a quick search of my emails and I found it was [MENTION=18365]Andy Barratt[/MENTION]

When I went back to them and asked the dealer to ask Warranty to explain why they are telling me something Fords MD has told me is incorrect, I have basically drawn a blank and the dealer cannot get a response!

I actually do believe our cars are okay, I really do. There has just been some confusion and miscommunication along the line and as usual, no-one at Ford will just come out and explain.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty much the response I had after my dealer asked Warranty the same question. They added that it is not true that underseal is applied at Zeebrugge. This got me thinking. "who the hell was it that told me the underseal is applied at Zeebrugee?......a quick search of my emails and I found it was @Andy Barratt

When I went back to them and asked the dealer to ask Warranty to explain why they are telling me something Fords MD has told me is incorrect, I have basically drawn a blank and the dealer cannot get a response!

I actually do believe our cars are okay, I really do. There has just been some confusion and miscommunication along the line and as usual, no-one at Ford will just come out and explain.
Begs the questions how and why warranty have now approved 3 or 4 different cars... but not the others.

Also fear mine will have the same fate; however if it does another complaint will be raised and back round the circle.

I wonder if Ford realise the more they fanny around with this the more their resource is being "wasted" on communicating this. If there was a straight up "no" however if they did that, and then cars began rusting within 10 years etc; it's open for a class action law suit for 'Incorrect information'

They've kind of put themselves in a shit spot.

Needless to say Underseal hasn't just been mentioned by Andy, I've read countless emails people have copied here about Karen and Stacey informing us of such.

Just think people are trying to sweep it under the rug, when it's obviously there and been applied (Badly).

Ford just need to 'blanket' do it under warranty; or give a 'cut off' recall on it. And then reclaim all the costs back from the outsourced company - if possible. It'll shut us all up and get us out their hair.

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
Let me try and explain a bit more what I think the confusion may be and where I am coming from. My theory has been based on the following.

The info on this forum,
Communication with Ford
Communication with my dealer.
My own knowledge of the motor industry.

This is just one theory and could be completely wrong.

I do not think the cars are meant to come with a full blanket of black underseal. I think they are painted all over, maybe with a different type of paint underneath (not sure on that).

I believe that the underseal applied at Zeebrugge is just meant to be a few squirts on some places that were missed at factory, or maybe some spots that have turned out to need extra protection. I have been told 3 spots about the size of a 50p piece.

I think that some cars got missed. Maybe at Zeebrugge and hence, the TSB on some Euro cars.

I think that some over here were lucky enough to get approval either, by mistake or because the three points had also been missed on their cars.

I think the complete black unseal treatment to the whole of the underbody is an over reaction.

I think our cars are okay!

However, I have an open mind and I think the hole poxy thing stinks!! Ford read these forums, we know they do. All they need to do is let us know what is happening and why all the confusion. They are a complete joke.

I will say one thing. If my car has a spot of rust under it in 2, 3, 4 6 10 years time, I will have all my emails and this thread to throw at them. Yep, I am gonna print it all off just in case.

FORD, DEAL with this!

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I believe that the underseal applied at Zeebrugge is just meant to be a few squirts on some places that were missed at factory, or maybe some spots that have turned out to need extra protection. I have been told 3 spots about the size of a 50p piece.

I will say one thing. If my car has a spot of rust under it in 2, 3, 4 6 10 years time, I will have all my emails and this thread to throw at them. Yep, I am gonna print it all off just in case.

FORD, DEAL with this!
Top para - If so, why is the Exhaust coated in it? Doesn't make sense to me. where the underseal is looks just like someones stood under it and sprayed in a line. As other have stated underseal on the exhaust isn't a good thing and was the reason for many a disgusting smell.

Agreed, infact, if that happens; I'd be happy to speak to my lawyers about it and see what entitlement we get in the way of a class action lawsuit.

They're on a thin rope - but it'll cost them less to do that, than it will a lawsuit, actually, if they'd just agreed to do it upon first request, I'm sure the costs saved on staff time would have equated to the same value :lol::frusty:

twold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 mustang fastback

Good morning Mr Leek,

Many thanks
Something is wrong here as I bet your cars underside is very similar to mine.
Photos sent by my local Ford bodyshop dealer to Ford,underseal agreed,booked in for October using products as per TSB,complimentary car agreed by my contacting Ford UK.
And all from a local dealer 100 miles away from my supplying dealer (who was truly awful) so no special customer loyalty favours being done .

I have come to the conclusion that Ford are a reasonable company but many of their dealers are not and are trying to offer as little sevice /support as they can get away with ,with the attitude that you have bought the car and can now f@@k off ,that is of course until you want another new car...
Sponsored