ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe
Have to agree. The Focus RS is a great car and I'm sure it will be a hoot to drive. But for someone looking for a coupe it doesn't really suit (hint - it has too many doors).

And apparently the ecoboost Mustang looks too good? Should they make it look crappier because it doesn't have the top-of-the-range engine?

How come they don't write this kind of rubbish when reviewing other non top-of-the range cars - say a Golf GTI, Subaru WRX, etc ? Sorry the Subaru WRX is rubbish because the Subaru WRX STI exists so you should by a BRZ - dumb. :shrug:

Not everyone has the extra $12.5 K to spend but is still attracted to the overall package. I'm very much looking forward to my ecoboost Mustang and so glad I test drove it.
The Focus RS is a crazy hot hatch, by all accounts a great all-rounder, probably a better drive than the Mustang. But you know, it looks like a tall hatchback...

The Mustang looks the biz - its a great looking car, even if it may not be quite as good to drive or as practical as an M3 or a Focus RS, the overall package, even in the EB, is fantastic.

FWIW, I had a 2007 WRX, with the 2.5L, the Mustang is better, no contest.
Sponsored

ozracer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0
the focus RS like the WRX looks like a car I would give to my wife to do the grocery shopping in. Like earlier models they are nothing more than a fast box and the designs dont stand the test of time. IMHO the Mustang will its a thoroughly gorgeous design they absolutely nailed it.

OP
OP
msweet

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
I drove past a new RS yesterday, well actually they almost drove into me down a narrow street (god the stang is wide), and while I instantly recognised it as an RS, there's really nothing too special in the design. The old one attracted so much attention with the wild colours and huge flares, it's a shame they dialled down the exterior. I've no doubt it's a cracking drive though

Sponsored

Fieldsey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Picked up the latest MOTOR mag and there is a few write ups of Mustangs and a small book for after market stuff. Morley seems to like the Herrod Mustang he drove

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Picked up the latest MOTOR mag and there is a few write ups of Mustangs and a small book for after market stuff. Morley seems to like the Herrod Mustang he drove
Rob Herrod told us about it on FaceBook...
I grabbed a copy to read on the way to pick up my beast (and still haven't found time to read it :) )
image.jpg

ozracer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0
The article isnt much chop nothing you havent already seen online or followed on social media. I find more information on here and through social media than these magazines these days......

BrizSuz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 2017 Mustang GT
[MENTION=22168]Freman[/MENTION] you beat me to it!!

Nice write up :)

Sponsored

MC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red GT Fastback, due sometime in October

AusPony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang EB (Tickford 270 Power Pack)
A bit rough:

'A 2.3-litre four-cylinder turbo “Ecoboost” model is priced from $45,990. Dealers have plenty of those and you can drive one home tomorrow, but you shouldn’t. A four-cylinder turbo Mustang, especially one with “Eco” nomenclature, cannot be taken seriously.'
I'd like to know where you can walk into a dealer and drive away in an Ecoboost tomorrow (without paying much more than rrp). Total BS! I'm 4 months in on the one year wait. The Ecoboost is not a competitor to the V8 but it compares very nicely to similarly priced cars on the market. What's the problem with that?

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Check carsales. $50k drive away, no wait, there are some.

Edit: the bit that surprised me was the "heavy clutch"?!
I'm obviously far too strong (?) that's what I call a light clutch... I'd hate to see what they think about the old WRX with HD clutch I had - they wouldn't be able to shift it!

AusPony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang EB (Tickford 270 Power Pack)
Check carsales. $50k drive away, no wait, there are some.
Ex demo stock - who wants that. The quote makes it seem like you can just walk into any old Ford dealer and drive away in an Ecoboost. That's not really true is it?

MC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red GT Fastback, due sometime in October
Ex demo stock - who wants that. The quote makes it seem like you can just walk into any old Ford dealer and drive away in an Ecoboost. That's not really true is it?
No, don't think so. Yes, ex demos. Okay for some, not for others. You can't just pick up an EB with delivery kms as far as I know.
Sponsored