Old Guard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium, Guard, MT, 400A, 455, 648, 13D
Ford:

Time to let us 2016 Mustang owners know when to expect this software upgrade. We have waited patiently long enough. Please give us an expected date more specific than, "later this year".

Many of us will be taking summer vacation road trips and it would sure be useful to have google maps on SYNC 3.
Sponsored

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
a Ford rep posted on here today or yesterday, we wont see the update until the "end of the year" which is inexcusable smh

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
here you go, posted yesterday.........

Hi DrEverettScott,

foghat is correct in stating that the 2016 vehicles are not equipped with Apple CarPlay yet. That update is due to be released at the end of the year. When streaming apps, the iPhone must be connected with the USB, as well as, Bluetooth. Let me know if you still run into issues!

Cara

wsfrazier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
It's going to be hilarious when they end up just not releasing it due to "technical issues and costs involved". Or if they do, it won't be free.

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Ford:

Time to let us 2016 Mustang owners know when to expect this software upgrade. We have waited patiently long enough. Please give us an expected date more specific than, "later this year".

Many of us will be taking summer vacation road trips and it would sure be useful to have google maps on SYNC 3.
Hi Old Guard,

We appreciate your patience regarding this matter, however, an exact date is unknown. To share general ideas with Ford Motor Company on how we can enhance our products and services, please visit http://social.ford.com.

Cara

Sponsored

stang1971

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Premium Plus Magnetic GT
Hi Old Guard,

We appreciate your patience regarding this matter, however, an exact date is unknown. To share general ideas with Ford Motor Company on how we can enhance our products and services, please visit http://social.ford.com.

Cara
thats unacceptable..... the date is the current 2017's are out NOW with them. Why do we have to wait on a product that is out NOW. There is no reason why we cant have the update other than Ford is too damn lazy to let us have it.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Android Auto was one of the items that were sold to me as a perk for not waiting for a 2017 in the specs that I wanted, and purchasing a 2016 instead. This could be considered bait and switch fraud if it isn't made available.

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
thats unacceptable..... the date is the current 2017's are out NOW with them. Why do we have to wait on a product that is out NOW. There is no reason why we cant have the update other than Ford is too damn lazy to let us have it.
Android Auto was one of the items that were sold to me as a perk for not waiting for a 2017 in the specs that I wanted, and purchasing a 2016 instead. This could be considered bait and switch fraud if it isn't made available.
Its ridiculous that their competitor, Chevy can get it this on the 16 and 17 models, but Ford can get their act together and roll it out. We all know they fought tooth and nail against it and now its out so there should not be anymore excuses.

Every other auto manufacturer can get the updates and on the system on their new model, but Ford. Its absolutely crap they wont give us the update cause they screwed up investing into Sync 3 rather than giving the consumers what they want.
Hi stang1971, HISSMAN, and mmcclure1848,

I understand your frustrations, but as soon as a release date is known, you'll be notified. It's important to make your voice heard at http://social.ford.com regarding this matter.

Cara

OP
OP
Old Guard

Old Guard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium, Guard, MT, 400A, 455, 648, 13D
Cara,
Since you are behind the corporate wall, why don't you speak out for us Wildlings. Don't make us so angry that we turn into White Walkers. (Just kidding.)

paulrkiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT premium
Although it was Apple car play, basically purchased my 16 instead of waiting a few weeks last month because I was told it would be a simple software upgrade. Bad on me for not doing more research but just not hearing anything until maybe the end of the year is frustrating!

Sponsored

fordracerguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FJG M1
Ford's own website says it is coming. Doubt it is bait and switch. What I gather from Cara by asking us to post on Fords website is that they have other priorities. Posting may speed up the '16 upgrade release date. Maybe we could get a site like Reddit to go crazy and get thousands of requests in.

The Great Gazoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Silver GT/Auto
I almost waited out for a 2016 for Sync3. Glad I didn't now or I would have lost my mind like you guys are now!

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Ford's own website says it is coming. Doubt it is bait and switch. What I gather from Cara by asking us to post on Fords website is that they have other priorities. Posting may speed up the '16 upgrade release date. Maybe we could get a site like Reddit to go crazy and get thousands of requests in.

I posted on there, but it never showed up in their feed...:ford:

Fenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Shadow Black
How will we know when the update is finally made available?

If I had a guess, the hold up could be related to the apple system requiring new hardware. Just give me the no hardware required android auto update and I'll be happy!
Sponsored