OP

Magnetic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic GT pp
Why do you say that brazukav8? What don't you like about the kit.

I ordered the spark plugs, race bov, and the jlt intake. I didn't get the smaller pulley. Want to see what I can do with the kit the way it is and upgrade things later. Only thing I might do is run a 93/e85 mix tune for the track.
Sponsored

BrazukaV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlo
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt PP
Why do you say that brazukav8? What don't you like about the kit.

I ordered the spark plugs, race bov, and the jlt intake. I didn't get the smaller pulley. Want to see what I can do with the kit the way it is and upgrade things later. Only thing I might do is run a 93/e85 mix tune for the track.
I already have a vortech 96 gt built. I went with Paxton because it was a little cheaper and I also wanted the tial bov which I love the sound. But my Paxton is making a ticking noise seems like a few ppl are having the same issue. Paxton never replied to my email. I called them they said remove and install the pulley again but because I have a 3.6 pulley thats pretty much all they could help me with. I love companies that have great customer service and I hear nothing but great stuff about whipple. I'm not saying Paxton isn't good. It's great u gonna love it. It just sucks to have a 6k kit start showing issues with less than 1k miles. Idk if it's gonna get worse. Again this is my case a lot of ppl aren't having any issues.

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I already have a vortech 96 gt built. I went with Paxton because it was a little cheaper and I also wanted the tial bov which I love the sound. But my Paxton is making a ticking noise seems like a few ppl are having the same issue. Paxton never replied to my email. I called them they said remove and install the pulley again but because I have a 3.6 pulley thats pretty much all they could help me with. I love companies that have great customer service and I hear nothing but great stuff about whipple. I'm not saying Paxton isn't good. It's great u gonna love it. It just sucks to have a 6k kit start showing issues with less than 1k miles. Idk if it's gonna get worse. Again this is my case a lot of ppl aren't having any issues.
I've seen a few threads talking about Paxton having noisy bearings. Does seem like something $6000 shouldn't be associated with.

christian

Happy Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT
I'm experiencing the noise now, does seem like the pulleys....kinda shitty to say the least

Sponsored

OP
OP

Magnetic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic GT pp
Well let's hope I don't have to deal with a bearing failure. I mean there is a difference in a noisey bearing and a failing bearing. As long as it don't fail i wouldn't worry about it. I remember hearing old fox body's with vortech Novi's that sounded like a can with a couple marbles in it and the guys are still driving them and that was years ago.

OP
OP

Magnetic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic GT pp
bump. come on now i know there is more guys out there running these kits. let us hear the goods and the bads.

AutoX_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack - Black
bump. come on now i know there is more guys out there running these kits. let us hear the goods and the bads.
I was at the NMRA at national trails this weekend and probably seen 7 or so different S550's with the Paxton kit. I think the majority just aren't on the forums much..

Tugger50H

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
So whats involved in changing the pulley after install? Do you have to remove the headunit or can it be done in the car?

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
I was at the NMRA at national trails this weekend and probably seen 7 or so different S550's with the Paxton kit. I think the majority just aren't on the forums much..
yep, lots of customers there.

glockner did true street in his bagged car, after the cruise in the heat 10.7 and 10.6 runs in 4000+ ft of air. hot lapping

nothing touches this kit for the $$

Sponsored
OP
OP

Magnetic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic GT pp

How were they running?

Wyldeman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 OW Premium
yep, lots of customers there.

glockner did true street in his bagged car, after the cruise in the heat 10.7 and 10.6 runs in 4000+ ft of air. hot lapping

nothing touches this kit for the $$

I made every rookie mistake you can on Saturday. Didn't turn off advancetrac, left a/c on, left trac control on one trip. still managed to run in some good times considering the awful weather. I cut my best 60' in practice 1.47. I was really surprised at how well it went down the track. I will put a little more air in the bags next time & see how it likes a firm setup in the rear.

hx50l3.jpg

found a pretty good parking spot too

whfqx1.jpg

kiko1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
i have the Vortech JT kit on my base auto GT. I love it. Daily the hell out of it and have ran 10.50's on the 20 inch wheels.

christian

Happy Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT
Im droppin my car off at Rodeheavers while I go on vacation the first of July for a custom tuning session. Gonna have them check everything out as far as the noises and everything.These guys are very good from what I read and hear! She runs amazing now but I cant wait to get it back after they get it perfect!!
Sponsored