Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.derand.com
First Name
Derand
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, C8, R8 V10 Gated, Golf R APR, 19 GT350
[MENTION=19587]derand[/MENTION]--putting CQuartz on ppf doesn't inhibit the film's self-healing ability?
Haven't done enough cars yet to say yes or no or what's going to happen in 3 years or so but it looks great on my car it's like glass and after 5 months and a bit and over 4000 kms and 100 plus car washes it's like new still.
Sponsored

Spacebird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
[MENTION=19587]derand[/MENTION]--putting CQuartz on ppf doesn't inhibit the film's self-healing ability?
From my research it's a pretty standard practice that buy you the best of PPF and ceramic coatings. I plan on putting Modesta over ClearGuard Nano SR PPF.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Haven't done enough cars yet to say yes or no or what's going to happen in 3 years or so but it looks great on my car it's like glass and after 5 months and a bit and over 4000 kms and 100 plus car washes it's like new still.
Thanks. Car is Suntek covered. Was debating using ceramic, but think I'll hold off. Ordered Meguiar's Last Touch and Synthetic X-Press. Will see how they work. Thanks as always for the insight.

OP
OP
derand

derand

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.derand.com
First Name
Derand
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, C8, R8 V10 Gated, Golf R APR, 19 GT350
Thanks. Car is Suntek covered. Was debating using ceramic, but think I'll hold off. Ordered Meguiar's Last Touch and Synthetic X-Press. Will see how they work. Thanks as always for the insight.
Try the new ICE from Turtle wax its greats.

Sponsored

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
I think the scotchgard pro is pretty good stuff.

Spacebird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
I think the scotchgard pro is pretty good stuff.
I've heard it's way better than 3M's older products. I can't find a shop that does it locally, however, and I'm in a major American city.

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7

cjgt350

Adrenaline Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F250 Platinum 2016 GT350 TP
I would highly recommend the "impact area" in front of the rear wheel as described in Xpel's system. After just 500+ miles I have seen numerous spots in this areas where the paint protectant is doing its job.

Sponsored

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
I would highly recommend the "impact area" in front of the rear wheel as described in Xpel's system. After just 500+ miles I have seen numerous spots in this areas where the paint protectant is doing its job.
If that portion gets that much contact, I imagine it won't be long before it looks beat up, and can't self-heal. I think splash guards at least in the fronts would be a better solution.

cjgt350

Adrenaline Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If that portion gets that much contact, I imagine it won't be long before it looks beat up, and can't self-heal. I think splash guards at least in the fronts would be a better solution.
The purpose of the front fender and side skirt aero package would be defeated if splash guards were used on the front. Easy to have that portion of film replaced if needed.

That said they would help some but with sticky tires they would only do so much.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
The purpose of the front fender and side skirt aero package would be defeated if splash guards were used on the front. Easy to have that portion of film replaced if needed.

That said they would help some but with sticky tires they would only do so much.
I agree with what you're saying, but are you going to notice the difference in performance? Same would apply for anyone who has installed the JLT rock blockers.

cjgt350

Adrenaline Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree with what you're saying, but are you going to notice the difference in performance? Same would apply for anyone who has installed the JLT rock blockers.
Not on the street certainly but a splash guard would reduce or cover the heat extractors/aero on the inner fenders which exit the outer fender vents.

I have the rock blockers and they work well reducing the debris thrown back from the tires. Simple of course to remove when on the track where I suppose you could rig splash guards (nothing really to affix them to)but I could not get past how bad they would look or at least what I envision them looking like.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Not on the street certainly but a splash guard would reduce or cover the heat extractors/aero on the inner fenders which exit the outer fender vents.

I have the rock blockers and they work well reducing the debris thrown back from the tires. Simple of course to remove when on the track where I suppose you could rig splash guards (nothing really to affix them to)but I could not get past how bad they would look or at least what I envision them looking like.
Forgot about the side vents on the GT350. The ones I was looking at don't look too bad at all, just not sure if it'll interfere with the side vents or not:

http://www.americanmuscle.com/splashguard-front-set-2015.html
Sponsored