Xpel PPF clear bra update

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
Thanks very much for this. Sorry I have been a bit dense on this point. The key point here is that the installer will make the paint look as good as it can before the application of the film.
No problem. Most installers will also touch up chips for an additional charge before the PPF goes on if you ask. If you have a couple thousand miles on your car with a few chips, it might be a good option:cheers:
Sponsored

JonS

JonS
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Ruby Red - When the weather is nice
No problem. Most installers will also touch up chips for an additional charge before the PPF goes on if you ask. If you have a couple thousand miles on your car with a few chips, it might be a good option:cheers:
Thanks. My plan is to arrange to have this done just as soon as I can after I get the car from the dealer, certainly before there there are 100 or 200 miles on it. Given what I have read and seen, I will probably ask for a basic Xpel treatment of the front of the car with the new film mentioned. I may also do the rear quarter in front of the wheels. The rest is likely to be good old carnauba wax.

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
Thanks. My plan is to arrange to have this done just as soon as I can after I get the car from the dealer, certainly before there there are 100 or 200 miles on it. Given what I have read and seen, I will probably ask for a basic Xpel treatment of the front of the car with the new film mentioned. I may also do the rear quarter in front of the wheels. The rest is likely to be good old carnauba wax.
Don't forget to get the mirror covers coverd as well. I also did my rockers but that probably was not needed.

JonS

JonS
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Ruby Red - When the weather is nice
Don't forget to get the mirror covers coverd as well. I also did my rockers but that probably was not needed.
Thanks, as I did my investigation, it appears that the mirrors are usually covered in the basic/front kits installers have - so I will probably get the done.
Sponsored