Sponsored

Boost Works / Lund Tuned Twin Turbo GT makes 1100whp!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

I couldn't say much more about how bad ass Lund has been as a tuner for our company. :)

We just put down 1093whp/887wtq @ 20.5psi on a Mustang Dyno with Twin 6266's HPP Tuner kit. Built motor/trans, and fuel system, on E85. This would be well into the 1200whp range on a Dynojet.

Car destroys 335 Pilot Super Sports well past the 100mph mark, and is a hoot to drive.

Thanks to Jay (formerly of HPP) for building a solid platform for us to work with. We tweaked a few things and Lund laid down a bad ass tune. Car drives like stock, and makes a TON of power.

Thanks to Justin (Father Ford) for letting us get this beast running for you! Car has 8's in it for sure.
Sponsored

FATHERFORD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
What's the motor setup?
Sleeved block, oliver rods, JE forged pistons, upgraded valve springs.

Still stock compression/cams/intake etc.

Instead of "bragging" rights saying I got "such and such" on stock shortblock, I decided not to even risk or worry about it.

So you can compare it to any other kit/tune out there. It could make the same power on a stock engine if someone wanted to do a "hero" pull.

BUILD THREAD

Phils15GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
How's the guy making out that lost a motor (OPG) with your kit? I am looking forward to more numbers from your kit.

terryj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic California Special
Sleeved block, oliver rods, JE forged pistons, upgraded valve springs.

Still stock compression/cams/intake etc.

Instead of "bragging" rights saying I got "such and such" on stock shortblock, I decided not to even risk or worry about it.

So you can compare it to any other kit/tune out there. It could make the same power on a stock engine if someone wanted to do a "hero" pull.

BUILD THREAD
When will we see this beast make a pass at RPR?

Sponsored

FATHERFORD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

spdbydesign

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.spdbydesign.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Vert
Awesome, but be careful quoting Mustang to Dynojet conversion numbers.

It's an old wise tale.

I can make a Mustang Dyno read whatever I want by manipulating the software before the run. And many are simply calibrated incorrectly during installation or tweaking over the years. (Be it intentional or unintentional.)

A DynoJet is the most repeatable dyno to dyno & the hardest to manipulate. (Though it's possible.)

With that said, I'm a fan of this car and have been following it for over a year. Congrats to the owner & all those involved!

Get that beast to the track & the data will speak for itself ;)

[ame]

FATHERFORD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
The dyno in this area is known as the "heart breaker"

high 680-700rwhp cars on multiple dyno jets read low 500's on this mustang dyno. That's where the numbers are coming from...

As long as I run a 9.99 I will be happy lol.

Serious HP/Pietz Performance Tunes here in Houston has a mustang and dynojet. Pull a car off the Mustang Dyno, slap on the dyno jet right next to it, 12% difference in power.

spdbydesign

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.spdbydesign.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Vert
The dyno in this area is known as the "heart breaker"

high 680-700rwhp cars on multiple dyno jets read low 500's on this mustang dyno. That's where the numbers are coming from...

As long as I run a 9.99 I will be happy lol.
And that could 100% be the case. But that's the issue, they are all over the place and I think quoting blanket DynoJet conversion data..can be, in many cases, misleading.

I'm not saying the car wouldn't make 1200whp, just that in order to claim it....throw in on a DynoJet & post the graph ;)

That beast better go 8's at that power level. I got confidence you'll do it!

Again, congrats on the build. Travis is a great guy and with Lund behind the keyboard, only good things can happen. :cheers:

Sponsored

FATHERFORD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
And that could 100% be the case. But that's the issue, they are all over the place and I think quoting blanket DynoJet conversion data..can be, in many cases, misleading.

I'm not saying the car wouldn't make 1200whp, just that in order to claim it....throw in on a DynoJet & post the graph ;)

That beast better go 8's at that power level. I got confidence you'll do it!

Again, congrats on the build. Travis is a great guy and with Lund behind the keyboard, only good things can happen. :cheers:
yeah, numbers are cool, can't say I didn't smile a little bit to see it...

But i'm all about track times, my goal with this car was a 9.99, and anything faster would just be icing on the cake..

Thing is, this is my wifes car, so after I make a few good pulls it will probably live on wastegate most of it's life.

Poisond281

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing exciting
jipants.jpg

spdbydesign

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.spdbydesign.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Vert
yeah, numbers are cool, can't say I didn't smile a little bit to see it...

But i'm all about track times, my goal with this car was a 9.99, and anything faster would just be icing on the cake..

Thing is, this is my wifes car, so after I make a few good pulls it will probably live on wastegate most of it's life.
That car will 100% go 9.99, heck on the stock motor on 93 octane with a good tire.

I'd say your goals then are more than met.

Wife sounds like a keeper, mine wants another GTR. She's got expensive taste, then again, so do I.

FATHERFORD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Status
Not open for further replies.