Sponsored

Bama Tune

huachucastang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Premium 6MT PP
I just installed a Bama tune on my EB manual. Frankly, I really can't tell any difference. Comments?
Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Shop before buying a tune?

OP
OP

huachucastang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Premium 6MT PP
I thought I was good...who is good?

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO

Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
I looked for a long time. Coming from the GT world, my familiarity was with the SCT devices and I trust them. After a LOT of research and listening to others experience, I decided to change platforms to the COBB Accessport which seems much better suited for the EB.

Having said that though, I think the most important thing is that you're comfortable with the tuner. To start with, you have to decide for yourself what you REALLY want out of the car. I think that can be the hardest part, a completely thought out honest opinion.

Next is, will the hardware platform do what you want? In the end, I liked the COBB AP over the SCT for both data logging and display and functionality like being able to switch maps on the fly and other cool features.

If you're married to the SCT, I hear Unleashed (Tory sp?) is very good. Plus you already have money invested in the hardware. If you can get past the cost of another hardware platform, I'm convinced going with the COBB AP and getting a tune from Adam @ Tune+ is the absolute best solution. Tell Adam what you want and he will hook you up. For some that is performance with emphasis on safety. For some it is straight up crazy fast track car. There are a couple other solutions you can read about in the forums, I'll just leave it at that.

PS. This might be better in the, "I4 2.3L EcoBoost Engine / Mods: Bolt-ons, Exhaust, Tuning" section since you have an EB. Comments from GT and V6 owners may not be as relevant.

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
Another marketing victim...

Look out for overboost codes as well

Sponsored

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
I had a Bama tune to start, and I had no issues. Car was a lot faster than stock. U need to call and talk to them and do some datalogging. They can make as many revisions as u need. I switched to Cobb and it was the best thing I ever did. Still enjoyed my Bama tune though

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
And why are there like 5 GT guys in a ecoboost subforum? Just curious, I have never posted in a v8 subforum before

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
And why are there like 5 GT guys in a ecoboost subforum? Just curious, I have never posted in a v8 subforum before
It's an open forum ppl are free to post in any subforum. Nobody said anything about engines. Bama tuning is not very highly regarded for the GT either based on what I've read

perfweld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
I read there forums as well, knowledge is the key, and might like Ecoboost too.

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo

Thread was moved from Gen. Section
Sponsored