Sponsored

Puddle light

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
Please take some picture's from the disassembly and install so we know what to do when our warranty runs out and we need to DIY ;-)
Meanwhile I'm still waiting on a confirmation that Ford accepted my warranty claim...

btw 6 weeks is again long time to receive a replacement part... I wonder what will happen when we trash a bumper at some point...

Good luck!
Well maybe Ian Whu will be the answer to that one.
Not sure they will want Kristian all over them with his camera while they do it but good if he can.
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure they will want Kristian all over them with his camera while they do it but good if he can.
[MENTION=15204]Ian whu[/MENTION] when your car comes back we've got a job for you matey. No oven required [emoji39]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Why not? When they work on my car at the dealership I'm there, even though there is a sign not to! But you know what, it's my car and want to watch and learn as much as possible about it instead of zipping coffee for a few hours ;-)

Btw, any knows why the driver side light cost's 3 times as much than the passengers side?

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
Does anyone know if you can fix alignment issues with the puddle light?

My passenger pony is extremely close to the car, whereas the drivers side is about 1.5 to 2 feet away.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
So i got mine sorted yesterday...i was in and out of the dealership in half an hour. Interesting note: aftet about 20 minites of waiting i asked one of the suits that was swanning around if i could take the part as i was in a rush, he was happy for me to do that. My car had been taken at that point so there was no need.

Annoyingly when i looked last night when it was dark, im not entirely convinced the image projected is where it was before. Its definitely at a bit of an angle and seems to be further back. I need to look again and i may try adjusting it myself, it litrally is a part that just unclips.

I didnt get a chance to talk to anyone about the problem, all too busy trying to flog fiestas. I would inagine that the [email protected] team would be a better bet for this info.

I will post here again when i get a chance to have a look properly...

Sponsored

Col3371

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Ruby Red GT
So i got mine sorted yesterday...i was in and out of the dealership in half an hour. Interesting note: aftet about 20 minites of waiting i asked one of the suits that was swanning around if i could take the part as i was in a rush, he was happy for me to do that. My car had been taken at that point so there was no need.

Annoyingly when i looked last night when it was dark, im not entirely convinced the image projected is where it was before. Its definitely at a bit of an angle and seems to be further back. I need to look again and i may try adjusting it myself, it litrally is a part that just unclips.

I didnt get a chance to talk to anyone about the problem, all too busy trying to flog fiestas. I would inagine that the [email protected] team would be a better bet for this info.

I will post here again when i get a chance to have a look properly...
Kristian. I am planning to whip them straight out when I get them & having a look to possibly sealing the edges with silicone. When you have a gander, see if there are any visible gaps or areas where it can get moisture ingress. It's got to be either heat or moisture that's effecting them (if heat, them sealing won't do it).
Guess we need someone to look closely at a damaged one really. Ideally breaking it apart to see the image direct.

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
noticed last night mine has gone drivers side, looks like 2 pieces of cracked glass above the horse.if I get a replacement part that will probably last 3 months also !

stiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 V8 Manual Fastback, DIB
From what I've seen of the 'symptoms', my bet would be that the ink used to creat the pony mask is delaminating from the plastic/glass it's mounted to. Could be moisture, could be heat - could be a combo of both.

Best bet is probably to apply a clear film over the mask as suggested earlier. I have some 'rhino' film which I use for protecting scuff plates that I'll use for this issue - providing thr unit can be stripped. I expect the mask is tiny - maybe only 5mm in diameter. Once the car arrives I'll have a look.

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Kristian. I am planning to whip them straight out when I get them & having a look to possibly sealing the edges with silicone. When you have a gander, see if there are any visible gaps or areas where it can get moisture ingress. It's got to be either heat or moisture that's effecting them (if heat, them sealing won't do it).
Guess we need someone to look closely at a damaged one really. Ideally breaking it apart to see the image direct.
Looking back at it, my issue started last month when my car was really frozen up in the morning and saw the heated mirrors doing their thing to unfreeze them... soon after that I started noticing defects in the images ...

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Looking back at it, my issue started last month when my car was really frozen up in the morning and saw the heated mirrors doing their thing to unfreeze them... soon after that I started noticing defects in the images ...
Could have a lot to do with the fact that the cars are a good three months old before they arrive here, and those that have arrived spent most of that 3 months outside in the North American winter. Including 3 feet of snow on the Baltimore dockside. Given the number having the issue here there must be '000s having warranty repairs in the US so Ford won't be slow in finding a solution.

Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
If the image is inked or printed onto plexi causing it to crack/peel away, the solution might be to replace with film with a pony-shaped cut-out. Not easy given the small size and I have no idea where we'd get such a thing. Just thinking out loud...

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
If the image is inked or printed onto plexi causing it to crack/peel away, the solution might be to replace with film with a pony-shaped cut-out. Not easy given the small size and I have no idea where we'd get such a thing. Just thinking out loud...
We need a laser cut foil insert. Easy if we're doing hundreds. If only we knew someone who could open up the unit. [MENTION=15204]Ian whu[/MENTION] :thumbsup:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
We need a laser cut foil insert. Easy if we're doing hundreds. If only we knew someone who could open up the unit. [MENTION=15204]Ian whu[/MENTION] :thumbsup:
He will cook it and burn it. Careful what you wish for ;)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Actual

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0 V8 GT Auto Fastback Black
...and saw the heated mirrors doing their thing to unfreeze them...
I thought that the UK spec Mustang has powered mirrors but not heated mirrors. Was I wrong to think this?
Sponsored