Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Oh crap..

I'm sorry buddy, I misread your post...so freaking tired with personal life issues that I'm missing things.
:cheers: Get some rest and hope things get better for you!!
Sponsored

JamesinLittleSilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Ecoboost Premium
Dave you made it on the first page of AOL.:clap2::clap2::clap2:
Even credited you with breaking the story.

Coyotestang13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang 5.0 MT82 3.73
With upcoming cafe standards, V8's will become a thing of the past, just like carburetors, metal bumpers, and front bench seats. Consider the outrageous surcharge and tax Europeans have to pay for larger displacement engines. It's a new era my friend, say goodbye to 5.0.
A V8 has to be optional at least even at a significant premium. At the minimum a twin turbo 4.0-4.2 V8 is acceptable.

Blue Horse

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Have lived through ALL the generations of Mustangs.... a Mustang without a V-8 option is a dead horse. Period. No V-8 is taking all the heritage and chemistry of the car as it was introduced in GEN I. Been through all the scares of FWD and SVO four-bangers..... don't get me wrong, NICE to have I-4's and V-6's as options to meet many needs and demands, but the nothing replaces the sounds and pleasure of a V-8; and I mean nothing. It's an option that MUST remain on the table. Ford engineers, if you are listening, your only restriction is your mind. Also, do NOT forget to leave room for us 6'6" folks. Thanks to all!
I am an OLD Mustang fan as well (70) and in 1974 there was NO V8 option,and it is going to happen very soon again,it"s called GOV"T café standards,also remember 1973 when the Muscle cars were neutered compression & HP,you guys just don"t get the fact that the heritage of the Mustang is being taken away from you in the styling and engine options,and Ford is NOT going to listen to your concerns when the GOV"t is making the rules.Just look at all the happy folks with a 4 Banger Mustang running around, back in 1974 the Mustang fans were totally PISSED off,the new breed of so called Mustang fans thinks it"s great OMG. The V8 and that sweet sound won"t be around much longer,but that lawn tractor 4 banger sound will be,and your V8 screams will be drowned out by Turbos and 4 Bangers,like it or not.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Corrected it for you...
If some other car manufacturers can provide numbers on their website for better advertising i wouldn't call that a bench racer! Ford should never and ever ignore the real competition.

I hope typing bold letters and giving others crap makes you really happy. Says alot about your personality and the way u ve been treated outside of virtual world:thumbsup: Whatever makes you happy bud:cheers:

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
If some other car manufacturers can provide numbers on their website for better advertising i wouldn't call that a bench racer! Ford should never and ever ignore the real competition.

I hope typing bold letters and giving others crap makes you really happy. Says alot about your personality and the way u ve been treated outside of virtual world:thumbsup: Whatever makes you happy bud:cheers:
You post your thoughts on an Internet forum. That means people can reply and will reply with their own banter or thoughts. Get over it. Don't like a response, block me. I am sure my life will continue without the slightest blip.

I know a bunch of people here from the forums that don't live in my area. I provide a ton of feedback for modifying ones car on many different levels. Sorry you have thin skin and cannot deal with someone highlighting a few key words on your post without crying. Unlike you, I meet other folks around here in the real world to converse on cars, mods, etc.

Best of luck to you. Hopefully you learn to grow some thick skin. The Internet is serious business and not for the weak.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
There ya go tiger, knock yourself out!
Chevy benched their ss against their old gen 1le, so Ford going with the same route wouldn't hurt.

If you want to play you gotta pay, you are not just buying car, you are owning an American Icon. How many mustang owners spent ton of money on upgrades and spent extra $$$ already? Why not have something already amazing from the factory with warranty. On the long run it may actually save you $$$.

19 gallons is perfect for this car, 16 maybe if you get better gas milage all around.

Yes loosing 200 lbs is a challenge but wait a sec if my car can loose 54 lbs with just wheels and 30 lbs with an exhaust then the remaining shouldn't be a problem right? F150 might be a good example to follow.

At the end of the day if the car can outperform the cars twice as more expensive and rides like a dream then why complain about the $$$.
Ford will still sell the eco and maybe the v6 versions for the right consumers.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
You post your thoughts on an Internet forum. That means people can reply and will reply with their own banter or thoughts. Get over it. Don't like a response, block me. I am sure my life will continue without the slightest blip.

I know a bunch of people here from the forums that don't live in my area. I provide a ton of feedback for modifying ones car on many different levels. Sorry you have thin skin and cannot deal with someone highlighting a few key words on your post without crying. Unlike you, I meet other folks around here in the real world to converse on cars, mods, etc.

Best of luck to you. Hopefully you learn to grow some thick skin. The Internet is serious business and not for the weak.
Upppps sorry for pushing your buttons! I m sure u are a great help to the community and the internet does appreciate your existence. Also keep in mind that you are not the voice of the majority here. Just speak for yourself.

FordBlueHeart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Torr
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 301A PP1 A10 Magneride
^^ Pretty sure he pushed your buttons and not the other way around.
As far as your last post goes...where do I start? I'll quote it and try to comment without you thinking I'm bullying you.

FordBlueHeart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Torr
Vehicle(s)
Chevy benched their ss against their old gen 1le, so Ford going with the same route wouldn't hurt.

If you want to play you gotta pay, you are not just buying car, you are owning an American Icon. How many mustang owners spent ton of money on upgrades and spent extra $$$ already? Why not have something already amazing from the factory with warranty. On the long run it may actually save you $$$.
The reason this won't work is because enthusiasts (those of us who post on Mustang forums) are not the majority of the buyers. I don't think you understand how adding all of these "upgrades" will affect the pricing structure of all models and option packages. These "upgrades" can not and will not be added as inexpensively as the aftermarket can due to R&D towards warranty sustainability. Ever heard of recalls?
19 gallons is perfect for this car, 16 maybe if you get better gas milage all around.

Yes loosing 200 lbs is a challenge but wait a sec if my car can loose 54 lbs with just wheels and 30 lbs with an exhaust then the remaining shouldn't be a problem right? F150 might be a good example to follow.
Although the F150 lost up to 700 lbs in some models, we're not talking about a vehicle that weighs over 3 tons and used steel exclusively. Your wheels and exhaust are once again an unfair comparison between Manufacturer reliability and Aftermarket reliability.
At the end of the day if the car can outperform the cars twice as more expensive and rides like a dream then why complain about the $$$.
Ford will still sell the eco and maybe the v6 versions for the right consumers.
So what your saying is that Ford should forget about the average consumer to appease a much smaller enthusiast demographic? :crazy:

Sponsored

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
So what your saying is that Ford should forget about the average consumer to appease a much smaller enthusiast demographic? :crazy:
So what you are saying is Chevy's smart move with the new camaro made people go:crazy: Cause Chevy manage to do it all.

Ford can still target average consumer with the engine, trim and other options. It depends on your budget.

When i meant exhaust i didn't mean headers, just the catback exhaust system. Borla and Ford Racing provides high quality 30 lb lighter catback exhaust systems and no way in hell they have a negative affect on the reliability. Same goes with wheels. Have no idea how in the world Ford manage to put 34 lb rear and 33 lb front performance package wheels on an already really heavy car. They did however try to fix it with the 350R.

FordBlueHeart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Torr
Vehicle(s)
So what you are saying is Chevy's smart move with the new camaro made people go:crazy: Cause Chevy manage to do it all.

Ford can still target average consumer with the engine, trim and other options. It depends on your budget.

When i meant exhaust i didn't mean headers, just the catback exhaust system. Borla and Ford Racing provides high quality 30 lb lighter catback exhaust systems and no way in hell they have a negative affect on the reliability. Same goes with wheels. Have no idea how in the world Ford manage to put 34 lb rear and 33 lb front performance package wheels on an already really heavy car. They did however try to fix it with the 350R.
You still don't get it. The camaro is several thousands more and as of now, is getting blown away in sales. Aftermarket parts including Borla and Ford Performance don't need to meet sound and emissions requirements of the Manufacturer.
Yes Ford fixed the weight issue on the 350R, but how much does that cost? Average consumers can afford that? Yeah, didn't think so. I'm done here, this is stupid.

Zerobar78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT, PP
Hoping the next-gen is an awd, hatchback, diesel hybrid with cvt.

Stroked84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I'm not sure why there's so much fear about losing the V8. Wouldn't it be equally plausible they would just to a more efficient smaller displacement ecoboost turbo V8 like Mclaren's 3.8 or Bentley and Mercedes 4.0?
A V8 has to be optional at least even at a significant premium. At the minimum a twin turbo 4.0-4.2 V8 is acceptable.
That is exactly what I am hoping for. I'm a huge turbo fan. I would love to keep the V8, drop the displacement, and slap on a pair of twins. The 2016 C63 S' motor is the one I want. A little 4L twin turbo V8 that puts out 503hp/516lbft and moves that 3900# car through 60 in 3.9 and past the quarter in 12.2sec. /timthetoolmantaylorgrunt
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.