OP

OxfordPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Performance Pack
Picture of the 4th brake light installed. I wasn't sure if I was going to like this or not before I ordered it but I have to say I really like it now that I've seen it in person.
Sponsored

Tcstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium- Ordered
Car is looking great. I think after suspension I will be doing the JMS pedalmax to while I save up to go FI.

DarkSubRosa

GTFO_0027
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / 2023 GT4
Car is looking great man! I noticed in my k-brace instructions they updated it to discuss the missing bolt from some subframes. Mine was still there, my car was built Jan 15.

OP
OP

OxfordPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Car is looking great man! I noticed in my k-brace instructions they updated it to discuss the missing bolt from some subframes. Mine was still there, my car was built Jan 15.
Ya after talking with the guys at Steeda when I was trying to install it they said it's very hit and miss. Some cars have the threaded spot and some don't. They took care of it for me though and it was a great addition to the car!

OP
OP

OxfordPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
I think I have finally made the decision to go FI, I definitely want to do the stage 2 procharger kit. Not sure when I will make this a reality, time to pinch some pennies until I can afford the kit as well as driveshaft, half shafts, billet oil pump gears and clutch and flywheel. This is where a sponsor would be great haha.

Sponsored

DarkSubRosa

GTFO_0027
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / 2023 GT4
I think I have finally made the decision to go FI, I definitely want to do the stage 2 procharger kit. Not sure when I will make this a reality, time to pinch some pennies until I can afford the kit as well as driveshaft, half shafts, billet oil pump gears and clutch and flywheel. This is where a sponsor would be great haha.
Ha, yeah. I am on the fence now after seeing some of the N/A numbers that are capable and since I'm already having traction issues. But I really want a whipple so I think that's the last steps to the car is the reliability parts like drive shaft, axles etc. to prep for the whipple. Which is going to be a while since that's such a huge cost.

OP
OP

OxfordPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Ha, yeah. I am on the fence now after seeing some of the N/A numbers that are capable and since I'm already having traction issues. But I really want a whipple so I think that's the last steps to the car is the reliability parts like drive shaft, axles etc. to prep for the whipple. Which is going to be a while since that's such a huge cost.
Part of me wanted to do an NA build but I feel like if I'm going to spend a bunch of money I want boost haha. It is insanely expensive though, I underestimated what FI would cost when I dove into this project. It's so much cheaper on imports lol. :headbonk:

OP
OP

OxfordPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Got around to installing the Mishimoto coolant reservoir yesterday. The factory clamps were more of a pain than I expected but install went smoothly. I think it really cleans up the look under the hood. No more bubble tank in your face as soon as you pop the hood.

Before:

After:

dbasql

http://djdenverb.com
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Roush 2016 RS3
damn that is much better..also seems to provide slightly better clearance.

very nice look overall.

I have the Morosso tank (uninstalled) but it doesnt seem to have the same type of working internals as the Mish, may be switching to this one. I thought chrome/silver only but the black does look very clean.

OP
OP

OxfordPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
damn that is much better..also seems to provide slightly better clearance.

very nice look overall.

I have the Morosso tank (uninstalled) but it doesnt seem to have the same type of working internals as the Mish, may be switching to this one. I thought chrome/silver only but the black does look very clean.
Thanks, I went with the black because I want the car to remain looking like it could have come from Ford this way. I want people to look at it and not be sure if its aftermarket stuff. If I could have gotten the Mishimoto one without the logo on it I would have haha. I didn't realize how much the factory reservoir had going on mechanically until I saw mishimotos video about how their tank retains the internal baffling and reuses the double gasket cap. That was a big plus in my books so I went with them.

Sponsored
OP
OP

OxfordPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
My buddy snapped this on the way down to cars and coffee in palm beach the other day, only rolling shot I have haha.

OP
OP

OxfordPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Went down to Steeda yesterday, their new Tri-ax race shifter is installed now! They did a great job, I've been working a ton of hours and didn't feel like laying on the floor of my garage for a few hours jamming my hand between the trans tunnel and the trans trying to get to some bolts haha.

First impression, I got in the car and went to reach for the shifter to make sure I was in neutral and I grabbed air haha. It's a lot shorter than the factory one and I like it a lot. I started the car and did notice the interior had picked up some noise. Not much though, that dynamat really helps, I'd say it's most noticeable right when you're starting the car, you can actually hear the starter more. Other than that normal driving you hear the trans slightly more but nothing crazy, still extremely easy to hold a conversation inside with my exhaust on the highway. As far as how the shifter performs, absolutely perfect. Took me all of 5 minutes to get used to the short throws and it's incredible. The transition between gears is smooth, there's no feeling of resistance which is how it should be. Closest thing I can compare it to is the Hurst shifter on my T56 for my other car. Direct and smooth. A million times better than stock. Steeda absolutely killed it with this shifter. Huge thanks to David, Matt and Rod for making sure I was taken care of down there. If you think you want this shifter but you're on the fence, buy it.

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Went down to Steeda yesterday, their new Tri-ax race shifter is installed now! They did a great job, I've been working a ton of hours and didn't feel like laying on the floor of my garage for a few hours jamming my hand between the trans tunnel and the trans trying to get to some bolts haha.

First impression, I got in the car and went to reach for the shifter to make sure I was in neutral and I grabbed air haha. It's a lot shorter than the factory one and I like it a lot. I started the car and did notice the interior had picked up some noise. Not much though, that dynamat really helps, I'd say it's most noticeable right when you're starting the car, you can actually hear the starter more. Other than that normal driving you hear the trans slightly more but nothing crazy, still extremely easy to hold a conversation inside with my exhaust on the highway. As far as how the shifter performs, absolutely perfect. Took me all of 5 minutes to get used to the short throws and it's incredible. The transition between gears is smooth, there's no feeling of resistance which is how it should be. Closest thing I can compare it to is the Hurst shifter on my T56 for my other car. Direct and smooth. A million times better than stock. Steeda absolutely killed it with this shifter. Huge thanks to David, Matt and Rod for making sure I was taken care of down there. If you think you want this shifter but you're on the fence, buy it.
So glad you're liking the new shifter, Dan - and good seeing you! Great write-up and looking forward to the next round of mods! :cheers:

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Thanks, I went with the black because I want the car to remain looking like it could have come from Ford this way. I want people to look at it and not be sure if its aftermarket stuff. If I could have gotten the Mishimoto one without the logo on it I would have haha. I didn't realize how much the factory reservoir had going on mechanically until I saw mishimotos video about how their tank retains the internal baffling and reuses the double gasket cap. That was a big plus in my books so I went with them.
Well that supercharger might give folks a second glance move. I do know what you are saying about not too much flash. I to have the Mishimoto tank and I know what you mean about the logo to the point I almost considered adding some type of raised lettering with 'ustang' next to the 'M'. My brain does weird stuff.
Sponsored