You are a fool if you street race

CrazyHippie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion Hybrid
that is so insane it deserves only mockery and derision.
i will, however, say that you're making the common NPC mistake of conflating lawful with legal.

justice actually exists and it is not defined by the united states government.
I'm gettin my popcorn...
Sponsored

CrazyHippie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion Hybrid
People are in for a very rude awakening when AI is put into every new car, not only will it be reporting all your data to your loan company, it will be sending that info to your insurance company as well as verbally nagging you to "get an oil change" or "Sensors indicate you did not come to a complete stop, exercise caution at intersections". Or just for kicks it will activate the rev limiter once you exceed 5 miles over the posted speed limit.

They are already looking into computer controlled speed to prevent you from going over the limit anywhere by having the onboard computer use GPS to determine the speed limit of the road you are on and throttling you down if you go over the posted limit.

Enjoy these last few years of "freedom", it's not going to last.
What few years of freedom? All of the things that you described are already in place and actively functioning. The only next step is to ratchet up the computers response(s) to it's data. How many have seen the "recommendation" on the dash to pull over and take a break if the computer thinks that you've gotten too close/wandered over the lines in the road too many times? Get ready for the message to start a timer and help you pull over before the car shuts down. Beware of dealer software updates - you never know what may be changed. :)

markayash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
What few years of freedom? All of the things that you described are already in place and actively functioning. The only next step is to ratchet up the computers response(s) to it's data. How many have seen the "recommendation" on the dash to pull over and take a break if the computer thinks that you've gotten too close/wandered over the lines in the road too many times? Get ready for the message to start a timer and help you pull over before the car shuts down. Beware of dealer software updates - you never know what may be changed. :)
My car scared me when it said something about resting. I was doing something and went over the line a few times ( no cars even close ) but when it vibrated and beeped ( can’t remember what it did ) it got my attention.

I do worry when I see cars like the 24 mustang have speed limiters set to stuff like 75 mph.

CrazyHippie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion Hybrid
My car scared me when it said something about resting. I was doing something and went over the line a few times ( no cars even close ) but when it vibrated and beeped ( can’t remember what it did ) it got my attention.

I do worry when I see cars like the 24 mustang have speed limiters set to stuff like 75 mph.
Yes indeed. And everyone should disconnect that damned modem! I bought my wife a 24 CRV and it's even worse - not able to figure out if or how to pull the plug on it.

Sponsored

markayash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
I hate to tell you, but your phones telling them the same information.
The Waze app show speed if I remember correctly.

CrazyHippie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion Hybrid
My problem is 100% of people have done this or do it, even the OP… So calling others out is being a huge Hypocrite… of course it isn’t safe.. ever go through a yellow light at the last second? Also not safe… just dumb lol.. some people’s normal driving is 100x worse than people driving fast. Whether your racing someone or just driving fast solo it’s the same thing and you are endangering others.. and if you say you have a fast car and don’t ever drive faster then the speed limit your a lier lol..
I get your point. Pushing boundaries for the thrill is part of human nature. That's what carnival rides are all about. Hunter Thompson captured the concept nicely in his Midnight on the Coastal Highway piece. I wouldn't assume that everyone gives in to that tendency, though.