Sponsored

Yelloe 2020 convertible ?

clive1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT convertible
I have a Yellow 17 GT vert and would like to trade up to a 2020 model.
However the Ford brochures show that Yellow is not shown.

Just went to the Thompson Ford site and in their build it section it does shows that Yellow is available. Is this correct?
Triple Yellow.jpg
Sponsored

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible 5 Litre V8
Thanks any idea when 2021 models would be released here
Pretty sure the next release is simple refinement of current model - no exterior changes.
Couple of interior/mechanical updates only.
The new colours seemed to arrive here month or so before Xmas, USA release in June/July - if this year runs the same.

Driving, I notice an oncoming Yellow Mustang is a standout. Not too many and I think they look great.

Sponsored

OP
OP
clive1

clive1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT convertible
Pretty sure the next release is simple refinement of current model - no exterior changes.
Couple of interior/mechanical updates only.
The new colours seemed to arrive here month or so before Xmas, USA release in June/July - if this year runs the same.

Driving, I notice an oncoming Yellow Mustang is a standout. Not too many and I think they look great.
That is the trouble I really like my Yellow convertible and I can afford to upgrade but colour choice is stopping me.

gpierce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Order a 21 as soon as they are able (probably late July early August) and you might get it in January:) I "ordered" a 19 in mid July and it was cancelled by Ford, but they put me in line for a 20. I got it at the beginning of Feb and it had a build date of 11/19. I think the convertibles don't get made at the same rate as coupes and it takes longer for Ford to build them 2-3 months maybe longer for a colour not ordered too much. Then there's the export and ship time which if you're luck your port will be first. I wasn't, mine (Port Kembla) was third. Took another 2 weeks for dealer delivery from the day the ship docked.

Good luck:)

OP
OP
clive1

clive1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT convertible
Order a 21 as soon as they are able (probably late July early August) and you might get it in January:) I "ordered" a 19 in mid July and it was cancelled by Ford, but they put me in line for a 20. I got it at the beginning of Feb and it had a build date of 11/19. I think the convertibles don't get made at the same rate as coupes and it takes longer for Ford to build them 2-3 months maybe longer for a colour not ordered too much. Then there's the export and ship time which if you're luck your port will be first. I wasn't, mine (Port Kembla) was third. Took another 2 weeks for dealer delivery from the day the ship docked.

Good luck:)
Thanks that confirms my thoughts on timing and it sounds reasonable.

In the meantime I am adding a few things which I would take off and put on the new one. .Although my convertible is fairly solid I would like to make it more so I am buying/bought a strut tower brace and a Steeda (2 point) G-Trac brace and will also be buying some jacking rails. For the jacking rails I am deciding between Steeda, J&M Products. and Hardrace which are much cheaper but I have not seen any reviews on them.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
With the announcement of Grabber Yellow for the Mach 1 there is a chance that Yellow Peel has been cancelled. If so the question is if Grabber Yellow will also be available for the regular GT or if it's a Mach 1 exclusive color.
Sponsored