Sponsored

XBox One X

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I have the OG Xbox one and just got the ps4 pro.

Honestly I thought I would be more shocked. I don't think the graphics are that much better. Granted I really only play COD.

I think at this point the consoles are all so good that it comes down to what games you want to play.

As in if you want to play the new halo you will buy the new Xbox or if you want the new Gran Turismo you will buy the new PlayStation.

Not knocking either as I love both.
Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Yep,

1. Which one do your friends play on
2. Which exclusives do you want to play
3. Which service do you want to use

essque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I doubt it

My laptop can beat up your laptop ... :D ... but like you, I find console based gaming infinitely superior in terms of overall experience. Honestly, I don't even find that much disparity in the graphics because that becomes a bit secondary (and I'm involved in some AR/VR development, so I'm aware of the technical differences, regardless of how that plays out in "fun factor").

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I know its multi-plat by Anthem looks realy good. Cant wait to see more.

Last edited:

Sponsored

essque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Nice!! This is my baby, she's stock for now lmao its the Acer 17" Predator :D I want to do a 4th of july celebration crazy drift video and edit it on here because I haven't even begun to explore the potential. Got it back in February

Well, let's see: i7 4GHz Skylake (overclocked), 32GB DDR4 2400MHz, 8GB GDDR5X GTX1080 (also overclocked), 5ms/120hz G-Sync 2560x1440 display, 512GB M.2 SSD + 7.2K 1TB HDD

What ya got :D

essque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Agreed, this sums it up quite well. I'd actually like to get into some PC gaming but I have no idea what game to get plus I'm afraid it will interfere with work. I'm a gamer lol if I get even the smallest sliver of time I'm going in.

On a side note, I was wondering if anyone know if there's a newer car game that isn't a sim but has more of an arcade feel with an open world environment where you can race and explore online? There was a game on the OG xbox called Midtown Madness 3 which was pretty pedestrian in single player but multiplayer online it was absolute insanity because it had modes like capture the flag, stayaway, hunter, checkpoint etc. and it was team based or every man for themselves. Open world in city limits without the types of boundaries or limitations I saw in the f&f Need for Speed type games that came after. Also Burnout 3 was fun back then too lol.

I think at this point the consoles are all so good that it comes down to what games you want to play.

As in if you want to play the new halo you will buy the new Xbox or if you want the new Gran Turismo you will buy the new PlayStation.

Not knocking either as I love both.

essque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
epic setup and lol at the miata comment

damn.... I literally just upgraded to Xbox One last month. I had to upgrade the gaming wheel as well so it was kind of a chunk of change. This sim racing stuff is starting to get close to my 1992 Miata weekend racer.

That's a lie, these sims are nowhere near as expensive as racing a Miata on a track.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Nice!! This is my baby, she's stock for now lmao its the Acer 17" Predator :D I want to do a 4th of july celebration crazy drift video and edit it on here because I haven't even begun to explore the potential. Got it back in February
Sweet! Yeah, my machine is an Aorus DT-X7 (has the multi-color programmable keys like yours) - we bought a couple of these back in December because one of my companies is involved in AR/VR work, and we had been actually lugging huge friggin desktops around SF, and I was traveling between the east coast and west coasts and needed something as well.

Most of my general/personal use is on my MBP 15", and I mostly prefer [mac]OSX over Winders© for development, where applicable, I was even doing most of the xR work on the Mac where it was limited to code + lightweight pre-viz, but of course, when you get into heavy lifting, the higher end nVidia GPUs are significantly faster than the lower end mobile AMD GPUs in the MBP (though the stuff revealed at WWDC will Macs way more suited to xR work).

To be honest, I haven't even installed any games on it, just dev tools, Unity, Unreal, setups for Oculus, Vive, and lately a couple of my projects using MS tools I've been using it vs. Bootcamp or a VM on the Mac.

:cheers:

essque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
VR work, oh that must be a blast. Perplexing and challenging I'm sure but what an exciting field and lucrative I hope. If your travels bring you to the Detroit area, let me know first rounds on me!

Sponsored

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
i cant even remember the last time my PC crashed from anything other a poorly ported game as if consoles are incapable of crashing

Funny thing is consoles became more like PCs hardware and programming wise. The industry is much more streamlined now in software development because of it

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
So is this now a PC thread or is it still an Xbox One X thread?

:threadjacked:

:focus:

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

Well, let's see: i7 4GHz Skylake (overclocked), 32GB DDR4 2400MHz, 8GB GDDR5X GTX1080 (also overclocked), 5ms/120hz G-Sync 2560x1440 display, 512GB M.2 SSD + 7.2K 1TB HDD

What ya got :D
Dang dude, now that's a laptop. I've been waiting to see if the gtx1070 or 1080 laptops will ever come down in price. You can't get a 1080 laptop below $2000.
Sponsored