• ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are REQUIRED to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Nebraska WTB: Blowfish Racing Shifter Support Bracket for 2019 MT-82

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
Just like the title says. I've been online looking and all the major players appear to have dropped the product or Blowfish isn't supplying. I've tried to contact Blowfish via email and Facebook and have not received a response. If you have one for the 2019 Mustang GT with MT82 please let me know. I presume shipping could be arranged fairly inexpensive through USPS (if it fits it ships right).
Sponsored

moose13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
OP
OP
mustang5o

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I called AM and they said it was discontinued and no information on if it might return. Then I received a response from Blowfish on Facebook that they are no longer making them.

The Barton two post has been something some people have done for years with the MT82 but it doesn't quite do what the Blowfish bracket did. The Blowfish Bracket would actually make your shifter mount to the transmission. Most people will say the MGW is the better way to go but I was just hoping to try the easier to install/cheaper route. Looks like I'll be going with an MGW after all unless I decide to upgrade to Mach1.

moose13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Gotcha, thanks for the response. Which MGW product in particular would that be?

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
barton 3 hybrid and mgw are both superior to blowfish bracket

Sponsored

moose13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I assume you're talking about the full short throw shifter kit? Pretty sure OP & I are looking more to see what we can do with just a bracket before we go whole-hog with the short throw shifter.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
It took me about 2 hours to install on jackstanf for full shift assembly. With a friend you can half that. If going to do anything id do the real thing

dead_inside

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Prem PP
I’ve never experienced an MGW or a Barton but it’s not hard to imagine that they are indeed superior to a bracket. To those interested in a more budget friendly solution for a trans mounted shifter, I recall seeing the FTB bracket an option before I chose to get the Blowfish. It does not incorporate a driveshaft loop but it also lighter for that reason. I’ve never experienced it either but here’s a thread on it. Hope it helps.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/full-tilt-boogie-racing-shifter-bracket.35439/

Last edited:
OP
OP
mustang5o

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've looked at many of their other products but I didn't know FTBR made those.. Unfortunately it appears to only be good for 15-17 models.
Sponsored