Sponsored

WM Garage Auto Shift Knob Replacement- Pre-orders Tuesday

Pnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Ruby
so can i buy just a boot and reuse my chrome ring by gluing it in or does the "PRNDS" board not come out. I want an alcantara boot with red stitching
Sponsored

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
You need the manual ring. They are different. The board doesnt come out of the auto one- I am still baffled what its there for. It didnt even show the gear highlighted, just lit it up in one color. Was useless really since its on the gauge cluster in the middle showing the gear

DeepImpact 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Anyone who has gotten this, have you had any trouble with the shifter? Mine kinda seems like you have to push it forward a bit hard to get it to sit in park. Otherwise cool design and idea, but I will probably be swapping for a dib to replace this chrome one.

OP
OP
Dirtyblueshirt

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Anyone who has gotten this, have you had any trouble with the shifter? Mine kinda seems like you have to push it forward a bit hard to get it to sit in park. Otherwise cool design and idea, but I will probably be swapping for a dib to replace this chrome one.
Haven't noticed. Though because it's an inch shorter, you may be perceiving the increased force because the leverage is reduced? Is the boot bunching up at front? I have a fairly thick material on the boot and I don't have clearance issues.

Kudarat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Konrad
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
you don't like the chrome?

Sponsored

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I agree it's shorter so may just be physics at play, need a touch more force. Or make sure you're pressing down enough on the ball that it's not getting caught between P and R. My spring seems pretty light though, I dont need to grip the first metal ring to depress or get leverage.

Not going to break anything though it's metal on metal- the shifter to the OEM shaft inside.

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
I just got mine today. I got the brushed and it is really nice. It has a very nice weight to it. I will hold off installing it since I am thinking of upgrading to the GT.

DeepImpact 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
you don't like the chrome?
Honestly not a big fan, wasn't what I thought it would be. Lots of swirl marks in it, I contacted them and they said they are gonna have to polish them harder they guess lol. I was hoping for a chrome dipped look, this looks kinda unfinished to me but I am a bit of a perfectionist with things. Might swap it for a dib one. I would load a pic but it's a pain with this site lol. Otherwise it's definitely a cool item

magnetic5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vadim
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Before:

After:

Just installed and happy with the mod thus far, no driving with it yet but that will change soon enough once Im back to work next week :D

mustangv6magn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
@mmagnetic2016
Vehicle(s)
2016 procharged v6 magnetic 2016 ford eplorer
It looks cool man I will probably get one myself but don't know wether to ask for a magnetic one or just purchase a black one like that.

Sponsored

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
that looks great [MENTION=14940]magnetic5oh[/MENTION] you're not having the issue with it not firmly locking into park are you? I saw another member post with that issue

magnetic5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vadim
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
that looks great [MENTION=14940]magnetic5oh[/MENTION] you're not having the issue with it not firmly locking into park are you? I saw another member post with that issue
Thanks. No issues detected when I played around with it after install. Havent driven anywhere yet so if something comes up after use I will updated the thread. It feels a bit notchy compared to the oem button, theres some metal on metal rubbing going on but nothing major that would prevent normal function.

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Metallic V6, 1970 mustang convertible
I got it today, installed it, taken it for a drive and absolutely LOVE IT. The install can be a little tricky (the alignment of all the holes) and there does seem to be a little metal on metal rubbing...but it is a fantastic product and highly recommend it.

Kudarat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Konrad
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Installed and I love how the way chrome matches the car's interior. I think the OEM shifter is more softer to shift. I still have to tighten the part where the leather and plastic ring is and will do more adjustments this weekend. :headbang:
image.jpg