Sponsored

Will the GT PP wheels fit _IN_ the car?

Gryphon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Hey everyone.

As a Swede, I'm subject to some pretty harsh winter conditions on a yearly basis, which you may imagine and/or relate to. To combat this, our government in its infinite wisdom has mandated the use of winter wheels and tyres between December 1st and March 31st.

As fate and infernal coincidence would have it, my Mustang is being delivered right around December 1st. No problem, since I have Nokian Hakkapeliittas on GT Custom Pack nickel wheels on order as a recommended winter package from Ford.

Here's my beef:

I intend to pick up the car with winter wheels on, and drive it from my nearest Ford Store, home, a trip of some 300 miles.

How in the name of snot do I get the summer wheels home with me?! Has anyone transported the GT PP wheels inside the car? How would I go about it? One in the trunk, two in the back seat like a pair of fat mates, and one behind or in front of the passenger seat? Will they fit? Should I give up and just ship them? How have you guys done this? HAS anyone done this?

I obviously can't make two trips, and I hate to ask a friend to drive 600 miles just to transport a pair of wheels. The 'Stang is a big car, there _has_ to be a way.

Please help a hapless Swede with no sense of scale.

:hail:
Sponsored

Last edited:

Zemedici

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
yes they will fit, I sold my stock wheels earlier this week

Put the rear seats down

One in the passenger seat

One on top of folded down rear seats, standing upright

Two in cargo area

Good to go :cheers:

OP
OP
Gryphon

Gryphon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP

Put the rear seats down

Two in cargo area

Good to go :cheers:
Thanks for the reply! With regards to the passenger seat, I'm sort of paranoid I'll screw up my Recaros or interior, did you find a way to protect the seat and stop the wheel from moving excessively?

Really looking forward to this, but this mental bit of Tetris is doing my head in.

Zemedici

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
Thanks for the reply! With regards to the passenger seat, I'm sort of paranoid I'll screw up my Recaros or interior, did you find a way to protect the seat and stop the wheel from moving excessively?

Really looking forward to this, but this mental bit of Tetris is doing my head in.
I didn't really worry about mine since I've got the leather, and worse comes to worse I can get the seat cover warrantied.

But you could put it in a trash bag, or on a towel, to keep the seat cover from being damaged.

RMS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronny
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 EB, custom pack
Hey everyone.

As a Swede, I'm subject to some pretty harsh winter conditions on a yearly basis, which you may imagine and/or relate to. To combat this, our government in its infinite wisdom has mandated the use of winter wheels and tyres between December 1st and March 31st.

As fate and infernal coincidence would have it, my Mustang is being delivered right around December 1st. No problem, since I have Nokian Hakkapeliittas on EB PP wheels on order as a recommended winter package from Ford.

Here's my beef:

I intend to pick up the car with winter wheels on, and drive it from my nearest Ford Store, home, a trip of some 300 miles.

How in the name of snot do I get the summer wheels home with me?! Has anyone transported the GT PP wheels inside the car? How would I go about it? One in the trunk, two in the back seat like a pair of fat mates, and one behind or in front of the passenger seat? Will they fit? Should I give up and just ship them? How have you guys done this? HAS anyone done this?

I obviously can't make two trips, and I hate to ask a friend to drive 600 miles just to transport a pair of wheels. The 'Stang is a big car, there _has_ to be a way.

Please help a hapless Swede with no sense of scale.

:hail:
Dealers over here keep wheel and tire combo, depending on the season, in stock for €12,00 / year. They don't do that in Sweden?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gryphon

Gryphon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Dealers over here keep wheel and tire combo, depending on the season, in stock for €12,00 / year. They don't do that in Sweden?
:)

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX

Put the rear seats down

Two in cargo area
Throw a blanket over the rear seat cushion and seat back (not folded down) and I'm betting that two will fit back there, standing up and restrained by the seat belts. Alternatively, you could just bag those two and belt them in.

Norm

OP
OP
Gryphon

Gryphon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Throw a blanket over the rear seat cushion and seat back (not folded down) and I'm betting that two will fit back there, standing up and restrained by the seat belts. Alternatively, you could just bag those two and belt them in.
This is what I'm thinking too. The other two would fit in the trunk, then?

Zemedici

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
This is what I'm thinking too. The other two would fit in the trunk, then?

no chance two wheels and tires will fit in the rear of the car.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Gryphon

Gryphon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Yep, figures, so one in the passenger seat no matter what. I'm sure I can swing it anyway. 300 miles is only four hours or so at highway speed, I can swing that. Put down some blankets, bag the wheels, belt them as well as I can and see what happens. What choice do I have? :D

Zemedici

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
Yep, figures, so one in the passenger seat no matter what. I'm sure I can swing it anyway. 300 miles is only four hours or so at highway speed, I can swing that. Put down some blankets, bag the wheels, belt them as well as I can and see what happens. What choice do I have? :D

with the wheels/tires oriented exactly as I described I fit them in the car no problem.

OP
OP
Gryphon

Gryphon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
with the wheels/tires oriented exactly as I described I fit them in the car no problem.
Believe me, I will print it out and bring it with me. That's exactly the sort of description I was looking for.

Zemedici

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
Believe me, I will print it out and bring it with me. That's exactly the sort of description I was looking for.
:cheers:

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
confirmed it will fit

one in trunk, two in the back and one riding shotgun in the passenger seat.
Sponsored