Sponsored

Widening Factory Wheels...

Furore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 6A
Like the title says, in order to maintain my sleeper status as much as possible, I am looking to widen my factory wheels from 20x8 to 20x10 or 20x10.5. I am putting down 700hp+ on the dyno with my Whipple, and I have nearly no rear traction at the moment.

Does anyone have any positive/negative experience with companies like Weldcraft?

Thanks,

Rob
Sponsored

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
Members have done it but you are adding weight to the factory wheels.

Why not get a lighter and stronger wheel while obtaining a wider fitment, pair a sticky tires and you get a plus in all the boxes by doing that.

OP
OP

Furore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Members have done it but you are adding weight to the factory wheels.

Why not get a lighter and stronger wheel while obtaining a wider fitment, pair a sticky tires and you get a plus in all the boxes by doing that.
I get all that, but my goal is to maintain my factory look as much as possible. I get some lighter and stronger wheels and I highlight myself to others. If I could find a lighter and stronger wheel that looks nearly identical to the factory ones.. I would be interested in that!

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
I get all that, but my goal is to maintain my factory look as much as possible. I get some lighter and stronger wheels and I highlight myself to others. If I could find a lighter and stronger wheel that looks nearly identical to the factory ones.. I would be interested in that!
You can keep the mesh design go with lighter wheel something like the MRR FS01 would be a good close to the GT PP look style wheel.

OP
OP

Furore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can keep the mesh design go with lighter wheel something like the MRR FS01 would be a good close to the GT PP look style wheel.
Thanks. I don't have the PP style wheel. I have a non PP Mustang.

Sponsored

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. I don't have the PP style wheel. I have a non PP Mustang.
Oh well umm ya then I dont have a answer for that brotha, GT PP similar yes non PP not really = /

Road Dog

Really Smart Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
With the 20" stock wheels you are already starting with heavy items. But you didn't mention what your usage will be. I guess from the desire to look stock you will not be tracking the car at all, but rather doing some "fishing in Mexico" from time to time. With 700 rwhp I'd guess a couple more pounds per wheel won't be noticed. Anyway I thought I remembered a thread about someone going that route but I couldn't find it. I do know there are two places that are recommended as doing a really quality job, Weldcraft is one and Eric Vaughn is the other. Good Luck

OP
OP

Furore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
With the 20" stock wheels you are already starting with heavy items. But you didn't mention what your usage will be. I guess from the desire to look stock you will not be tracking the car at all, but rather doing some "fishing in Mexico" from time to time. With 700 rwhp I'd guess a couple more pounds per wheel won't be noticed. Anyway I thought I remembered a thread about someone going that route but I couldn't find it. I do know there are two places that are recommended as doing a really quality job, Weldcraft is one and Eric Vaughn is the other. Good Luck
Yeah bro.. I don't plan on going to the track.. Yes I have the 20x9 wheels.. I want to go 20x11 in the back so I can actually have traction in 1st, 2nd or 3rd. Coupled with a BMR suspension build I have in the works.. Weight/track really isn't my concern.

Road Dog

Really Smart Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
I've heard that Weldcraft does wheels for $250 and up plus shipping. I haven't heard of anyone complaining about the quality of their work. The other guy is West Coast I think and also haven't heard of complaints. I am active on two other Mustang sites, both have guys who speak highly of both of the shops I mentioned.

rs7337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem & 1968 Mustang coupe
i looked into it for my dark stainless 19's weld craft said about $575 to widen 2 wheels.
but by the time i spend $250each on wheels and $575 on widening you are $1000 in it... then tires at$350 each..

Sponsored

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
Its a pricey option to do this, Weldcraft is the best at it IMO, they've done a lot of work and its clean.

OP
OP

Furore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So 20x9 in the front and 20x11 in the back. 315/35/20 Super Sports in the back, what should I run in the front?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
OE Wheels LLC

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
So 20x9 in the front and 20x11 in the back. 315/35/20 Super Sports in the back, what should I run in the front?
275/35/20
Sponsored