Sponsored

Why didn't Procharger make the i-1 system the Mustang 15+?

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I was just curious why the i-1 application or perhaps any plans for a better iteration of it for 15-17 and 18+ applications did not take off?

Procharger still has it still showing "coming soon" for 15-17 on the main website.

I bet it was such a hefty price tag over a regular procharger and not feasible for the features? I like the idea of programmable. By now they could have improved upon it and made newer generations?

A little closer reality to the Mad Max style Weiand with the fictional clutch driven supercharger feature I guess. I think the Eaton M62 had that feature somewhat?
Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I was just curious why the i-1 application or perhaps any plans for a better iteration of it for 15-17 and 18+ applications did not take off?

Procharger still has it still showing "coming soon" for 15-17 on the main website.

I bet it was such a hefty price tag over a regular procharger and not feasible for the features? I like the idea of programmable. By now they could have improved upon it and made newer generations?

A little closer reality to the Mad Max style Weiand with the fictional clutch driven supercharger feature I guess. I think the Eaton M62 had that feature somewhat?
Yeah the price was significantly higher and nobody really needs it. you can do the exact same thing with a wastegate

OP
OP
Mustangpursuit

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah the price was significantly higher and nobody really needs it. you can do the exact same thing with a wastegate
I know but it seemed like you could set it up almost like our drive modes, but for the turbo itself with its own transmission.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
6-10 speed transmissions negate the reason for it. NOBODY is trying to make boost at 2,000 rpm anymore. It is still a fun concept, and changing boost on the fly rocks.... and changing the boost curve is really neat. I had one for like 3 years, and loved it.
Sponsored