Whoops!

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
‘05 GMC P/U, ‘17 Impala, 19 Bullitt
Hi - Sorry, I had placed this under the wrong thread yesterday - one of those senior moments. I recently took the Bullitt to the Ford dealership for its 10G milage service - oil, filter, lube, tire rotation, annual NYS inspection and the other routine checks they perform. Because I had a lunch date with my daughter, I scheduled my appointment for an hour and 45 minutes before my lunch time for what I was told would be about 45 minutes to an hour of service. Everything started on time, but after an hour I was getting concerned and inquired with the service rep. He informed me there was a delay because the wrong motor oil had been selected and they were correcting it. Hey, shit happens, right? So another 15 minutes goes by and they tell me there is another delay because the mechanic had rotated my tires front to back and was correcting that error. Hey, sometimes shit happens twice, right? I maintained my cool and when the work was completed they told me they were waiving the charges and threw in a black and chartreuse Ford baseball cap. I'm not really upset with the dealership, just disappointed that they would have such a nitwit working for them. He probably a nephew of the owner, so he won't lose his job. I did commend the service rep for being up front with me and not covering up their faux pas. Honesty is always the best policy. I generally don't get upset about things as long as the outcome isn't bad in the end. Yes, I did check the oil stick to confirm that I got the 10 qts. Today I just noticed that I still have the old inspection ticket on my front window that expires at the end of this month. Shit shouldn't happen 3 times, right? I'll go to nearby service station for that. I ended up being 10 minutes late for my lunch date, but that was okay because it was my daughter and not a hot lunch date. I guess that's life and my motto of trust but verify had served me well over the years... Bruce
Sponsored

Last edited:

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
Hi - Sorry, I had placed this under the wrong thread yesterday - one of those senior moments. I recently took the Bullitt to the Ford dealership for its 10G milage service - oil, filter, lube, tire rotation, annual NYS inspection and the other routine checks they perform. Because I had a lunch date with my daughter, I scheduled my appointment for an hour and 45 minutes before my lunch time for what I was told would be about 45 minutes to an hour of service. Everything started on time, but after an hour I was getting concerned and inquired with the service rep. He informed me there was a delay because the wrong motor oil had been selected and they were correcting it. Hey, shit happens, right? So another 15 minutes goes by and they tell me there is another delay because the mechanic had rotated my tires front to back and was correcting that error. Hey, sometimes shit happens twice, right? I maintain my cool and when the work is completed they told me they were waiving the charges and threw in a black and chartreuse Ford baseball cap. I'm not really upset with the dealership, just disappointed that they would have such a nitwit working for them. He probably a nephew of the owner, so he won't lose his job. I did commend the service rep for being up front with me and not covering up their fax pas. Honesty is always the best policy. I generally don't get upset about things as long as the outcome isn't bad in the end. Yes, I did check the oil stick to confirm that I got the 10 qts. Today I just noticed that I still have the old inspection ticket on my front window that expires at the end of this month. Shit shouldn't happen 3 times, right? I'll go to nearby service station for that. I ended up being 10 minutes late for my lunch date, but that was okay because it was my daughter and not a hot lunch date. I guess that's life and my motto of trust but verify had served me well over the years... Bruce
Had a similar service experience at a Harley dealer a few months ago.
they installed a cam for me, everything with the cam was perfect dyno was amazing.
the tech wasnt paying attention and filled the bike up to the "full hot" oil level. so there was probably 30% or so excess oil that started to spew out of the air cleaner after a 30 min ride.
they admitted there mistake had the bike picked up and did a thorough check and also corrected the oil level.
Its funny you think you are doing the right thing by taking it to a dealership for service but in all honesty i think i just do it because i feel if they mess up they have the funds to fix there mistake.

Pittpa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 6MT
I guess that's life and my motto of trust but verify had served me well over the years... Bruce
Looks like the new guy gets to do oil changes and rotations. And learn how on your car.

ETA, better check the lug torque.
Sponsored