AgSurfer

AgSurfer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R / 2021 Shelby GT500
The Ford Performance $1,999.99 listed price for the 2015-2016 Track / R transmission M-7000-M8s is by far the lowest I can find on-line. Other sites have this part listed at $3.8k - $4.8k.
Sponsored

lunatect

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I have a stock 2016 tech pack. I have possibly incorrectly thought that it did NOT have an oil cooler at all. Does a stock 2016 tech pack have one?

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I have a stock 2016 tech pack. I have possibly incorrectly thought that it did NOT have an oil cooler at all. Does a stock 2016 tech pack have one?
Quoting from the media package for the 2016 GT35/R:

"Every aspect of Shelby GT350 is built for track capability, and the transmission is no exception. Managing temperatures and ensuring sufficient lubrication is key to real-world track durability. The GT350 Track Package and GT350R have a unique oil-to-air transmission cooler that is fed by a gerotor pump integrated into the housing of the transmission."

It looks like the 2016 Track Pack and R have transmission coolers, but anything else, Base or Tech Pack, did not. Starting in 2017, all variants had cooling on the gearbox and diff.

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
All 2016 GT350’s have the engine oil cooler.
Some initial literature said that only Track Pack and R’s would be so equipped. But they built them all that way.
Look at the bottom right corner opening in the bumper cover and you will see a nice oil cooler radiator.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
I did the trans cooler, its the OEM one that came in all the cars other than the base and Tech from 15-16. It has a pump as well and a switch installed like others to turn on and off when you want to run it. Have not done the diff yet but am thinking of doing this as well. No issues with tracking the car. The OEM diff cooler is no longer available via Ford Performance as it has been discontinued. Full Tilt Boogie has a setup for our cars. S550 Diff Cooler Kit (fulltiltboogieracing.com)

Personally I would keep your car if it has been good to you and do the upgrades as you never know what you are going to get with a used 2017 and up.
I was able to get in on the trans owner package ford offered for a short while. So, bought the trans from Ford, sold the old trans to someone who used it for another purpose and the went with the Full-Tilt-Boogie rear cooler. I had zero issues and sold the car to a friend who has had no issues as well when I bought my R. I would look at one of the salvage yards (parts farm comes to mind) and pick up a good trans, swap it and then sell yours. Go with FTB rear cooler

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
Personally I would keep your car if it has been good to you and do the upgrades as you never know what you are going to get with a used 2017 and up.
this, times eleventy…

…or as my grandpa used to say “dance with the one that brung ya” 😎
Sponsored