Sponsored

Who else ordered a 2019 GT350/GT350R

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
Thanks guys. I went to our local cruise night yesterday. First time with the Shelby. Two guys asked who painted it! The time spend polishing paid off! I really enjoy detailing my cars. I look forward to doing it. In a earlier post I said I needed to go on the Dr Phil show for therapy after waiting so long for the car! Well I think I should still go the Dr Phil show to convince him to buy a Shelby GT350! Absolutely loving it! I don’t have to explain it to you guys!!!
Awesome Les!
Hey, If it would be therapeutic feel free to swing by my dealer and show the substitute detail guy the right way to do things on my car. - I'll bring the cold beers & learn too ;-)
Sponsored

trafficman337

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 Kona Blue W/ Black Stripes and Roof
Mark - I checked for you - FP's chat has been down so I called direct & spoke to Kyle who seems to often answer.
it's pulled offsite for stripes or possibly QC etc on the 8th. Same kind of delay stuff we had heard about in earlier months. Unfortunately there is no further info.
So that's after "PRODUCED" and before "AWAITING SHIPMENT/RELEASED". Dang...8 days at that between stage - hopefully through that any moment now and its on a caravan or train to you soon. Fingers crossed buddy!

I'm thinking foam & rinse - mostly I want them to be able to see damage.
I just synced up with the selling dealer & now wait for fedex'd paperwork Saturday, sign & send that back w/check etc, and then at some point later next week hopefully done....the delayed gratification continues on & on.
Bill,

Thanks for checking. Funny I was just about to post the same info! I called this morning and talked to Kyle. He was helpful. The one thing he told me that was interesting was he said to keep an eye on both status sites as they can change at any moment, even over the weekend. I see Labor Day coming quick though. I am a bit annoyed as I thought once it went to trim line, it would be released shortly thereafter. You would think waiting fora car since March, it would be easier at this stage. I am hoping next week at this time I will be bugging you to help me track the rail.

Sounds like you are on the tail end. I am happy for you and everyone else that has finally taken delivery. All of your cars are awesome!

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
Bill,

Thanks for checking. Funny I was just about to post the same info! I called this morning and talked to Kyle. He was helpful. The one thing he told me that was interesting was he said to keep an eye on both status sites as they can change at any moment, even over the weekend. I see Labor Day coming quick though. I am a bit annoyed as I thought once it went to trim line, it would be released shortly thereafter. You would think waiting fora car since March, it would be easier at this stage. I am hoping next week at this time I will be bugging you to help me track the rail.

Sounds like you are on the tail end. I am happy for you and everyone else that has finally taken delivery. All of your cars are awesome!
Was talking to Dave last night - after about 30 minutes he realized I wasn't you. We laughed hard on that. Anyway I offered to him the same as I will to you - I figured out some tricks for tracking car carriers once you get related shipping details (that will take your delaer sharing his screen shots of the progress data he can access). We'll talk talk then.

Well while I wait for sale & loan paperwork from Iowa and while the car sits at the dealer now (sigh) I'm hoping my detailing supplies will be trickling in from Amazon today & tomorrow.

Les

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lester
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350-Ruby Red, 12 Roush RS3 Kona Blue, 33 Ford
Vehicle Showcase
Nice job, Les. Can you give us the information on the products you use for the detail process. The car looks like glass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Detailing: I have multiple complete systems. (Pads, compounds, polishes and glazes)
Meguiars, Mothers, Griot’s, Adams, Wolfgang, Rupes, McKee’s to name a few. Zymol glazes
and wax products From Creame $59.00, Carbon, Titanium, Concours up to Destiny $950.00.
For 8oz can! I’m not trying to brag or show off, But I have about $5500 in products. 7 machines
to polish with. Tried all kinds of products. I’ll list my Shelby process. The paint was a mess from sitting
3 months in the sun. Not all cars would need this!
1 foamed with Ammo’s NYC Frothe (2 times)
2 foamed with Ammo’s NYC Frothe washed with Adams wash pad
3 clayed with Adams Visco Clay
4 compounded with Meguiar’s 101 with Meguiar’s Micro Fiber Pad (Rupes Machine slow speed)
Very aggressive product, not for all paint.
5 McKee’s Jeweling Wax (Rupes Machine on 3 with Rupes white finishing pad) 2 times slowly
THIS IS WHAT MAKES THE PAINT LOOK WET! I can’t say enough about this product! MY FAVORITE!
6 Hand Wax with Wolfgang Fuzion Estate Wax $195.00 a can

There’s many ways to get the wet look. This is just one of them!

Justtoph

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2001 Cobra Convertible, 2017 Ford Raptor, 2019 Shelby Gt 350 Performance Blue, White Stripe, Tech pack,
8D8FF01A-C148-4D22-AA45-BF929B51D87F.jpeg
794CFDBB-6AD2-4B6D-809B-FC541D04FA92.jpeg
Thanks Mark! A couple of pictures just after polishing it! Still going to slowly polish it a few more times. (Therapy!)
Looks awesome Les!!!

Sponsored

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Well.... It's finally here....!!!!
I am picking up K2503 tomorrow.
They sent me a few photos from the dealer:
Shelby.jpg

K2503.jpg

As you can see from the photo, it has the carbon fiber dash... I did NOT order that!

I asked if the seats were correct and he said that it was locked up for the night and he does not have access to the area where the new vehicles are stored for PDI.

I hope the dash is the only incorrect thing.

Here is the link to my window sticker which does not show the carbon fiber dash order:
http://www.windowsticker.forddirect...lMRljktK0P387UnpQRN/ccYrDvqBhRrhnmXgOg9KnwpM=

Attachments

sox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350 Performance Blue
Looks to me like your sticker does show the carbon fiber ip dash for 500 bucks

Justtoph

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2001 Cobra Convertible, 2017 Ford Raptor, 2019 Shelby Gt 350 Performance Blue, White Stripe, Tech pack,
Shelby.jpg

K2503.jpg

As you can see from the photo, it has the carbon fiber dash... I did NOT order that!

I asked if the seats were correct and he said that it was locked up for the night and he does not have access to the area where the new vehicles are stored for PDI.

Here is the link to my window sticker which does not show the carbon fiber dash order:
http://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?token=GGZ5p775hod2mwNr9q9CdPJUKPvbRhm8Yga/q95GKeMCBDt8Q7+7bXJnoyJtj059OI69uqP/dUErCcG7jJgmsPOH2GwPgyFJwZ6io9LiDFhE/N8ooMULcxf8/jRIbYflMRljktK0P387UnpQRN/ccYrDvqBhRrhnmXgOg9KnwpM=
Do
Shelby.jpg

K2503.jpg

http://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?token=GGZ5p775hod2mwNr9q9CdPJUKPvbRhm8Yga/q95GKeMCBDt8Q7+7bXJnoyJtj059OI69uqP/dUErCcG7jJgmsPOH2GwPgyFJwZ6io9LiDFhE/N8ooMULcxf8/jRIbYflMRljktK0P387UnpQRN/ccYrDvqBhRrhnmXgOg9KnwpM=
dpatlanta, congrats on the car, it looks awesome!!

I don’t think that is the carbon fiber dash.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
You made me double-check.
The only option I ordered was the stripe.... they graciously through in the gas-guzzler tax.
But no carbon fiber option on that sticker that I see.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
dpatlanta, congrats on the car, it looks awesome!!

I don’t think that is the carbon fiber dash.
You may be right... I have not seen the car in person. I thought the standard dash was just plain non-patterned vinyl. In that photo, it sure looks like a weave pattern.
I'll find out tomorrow.

Sponsored

sox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350 Performance Blue
I am seeing exposed carbon fiber ip listed on that sticker for 500 below the 50 state emissions

Justtoph

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
You may be right... I have not seen the car in person. I thought the standard dash was just plain non-patterned vinyl. In that photo, it sure looks like a weave pattern.
I'll find out tomorrow.
This is the carbon fiber.
B4A62846-449A-4C42-8E22-3E210EF79FE0.jpeg

Justtoph

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Shelby.jpg

K2503.jpg

Same color as mine!! I love the performance blue!!

Justtoph

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Looks to me like your sticker does show the carbon fiber ip dash for 500 bucks
Sox, I don’t see the fiber option on the sticker.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
I am seeing exposed carbon fiber ip listed on that sticker for 500 below the 50 state emissions
I am by no means questioning what you are seeing on your screen.
My last 6 of the VIN are 553322.
Is that what the last six are on the window sticker you are seeing?
This is odd... the sticker I thought I attached says nothing below the "50 State Emissions line"
Did I attach the wrong window sticker?
Sponsored