Sponsored

Whiteline/Steeda trans insert sound? help needed

Super Werty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP GT
I need a little help. I did 4 mods last night and I'm experiencing some unexpected sound.

magnaflow comp catback, MGW race spec shifter, DSS carbon driveshaft, and whiteline poly trans insert.

Now I was expecting to hear a little more noise and thats fine but what I'm hearing is only when I take my foot off the gas pedal.

It sounds like a card in bicycle spokes but deeper sounding. I can't hear it at all with even 5 % throttle. Only when my foot comes completely off the pedal and moving above 5 mph. Is this the normal trans insert sound?

Thinking about removing the insert to double check it's just this and nothing else. Any help describing the sound of the insert would be appreciated:cheers:
Sponsored

Budnr22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Oxford - Tech Pack
Are you sure your exhaust is not hitting anything - my cat back was right after install and I had to adjust a bit.

OP
OP
Super Werty

Super Werty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP GT
Yes I thought it might be that as well but it's all clear. Not touching anything

Ryan1112

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
It could be a exhaust leak. Maybe only off throttle exhaust pulses are making that sound. I would loosen, check, and retighten all the clamps. Without hearing it that is my best guess.

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
The sound you described doesn't sound like it would be the insert, my first thought would be to check the exhaust as well.

OP
OP
Super Werty

Super Werty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP GT
pulled the insert out this morning. sound is still there but only half as loud as before. I'm guessing the insert just picked up the sound and amplified it.

I'm thinking its the exhaust as well now...going to triple check all my connections. Maybe I missed something. Will update when i find it
Sponsored