Sponsored

Which offset for aftermarket wheels stock GT350

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
Howdy all,

I want to add R size rims to my 2016 GT350. Is the stock offset the same if I use a wider wheel? The current offsets are:

Stock GT350
Fronts: 19x10.5 +30
Rears: 19x11 +62

Stock GT350R:

Fronts: 19x11 +24
Rears: 19x11.5 +56

Do I use the factory offsets and be done with for a wider wheel on a regular GT350, or do I do the R offset? Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Not sure if I don't understand the question or if you don't understand what you're asking. If you want R size rims (11 & 11.5), the math is done for you. If you want the stock (R) fit/appearance, then you want the stock R offsets.

Offset changes how far in or out the wheel sits in the fender (for lack of a better description) and is completely independent from size. You can probably get custom offsets from some of these manufacturers if you are wanting something different or have a certain goal. But it's not always that simple until you get a good visual in your head of how offset works. Two 19x11 wheels with different offsets will sit on the car differently even though they are the same size. Likewise, you can make a 19x11 and a 19x12 fit the care the exact same by using different offsets. Inversely a 19x11 and 19x12 with the same offset are again two different wheels. It's not complicated, just need to get that visual representation in your brain of what you have and what you're after.

But since you already know you want R wheels, don't overthink it. Both the base and R wheels are some of the best fitting set-ups in the business, IMO...from an appearance standpoint.

OP
OP
autobahnGT350

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
Not sure if I don't understand the question or if you don't understand what you're asking. If you want R size rims (11 & 11.5), the math is done for you. If you want the stock (R) fit/appearance, then you want the stock R offsets.

Offset changes how far in or out the wheel sits in the fender (for lack of a better description) and is completely independent from size. You can probably get custom offsets from some of these manufacturers if you are wanting something different or have a certain goal. But it's not always that simple until you get a good visual in your head of how offset works. Two 19x11 wheels with different offsets will sit on the car differently even though they are the same size. Likewise, you can make a 19x11 and a 19x12 fit the care the exact same by using different offsets. Inversely a 19x11 and 19x12 with the same offset are again two different wheels. It's not complicated, just need to get that visual representation in your brain of what you have and what you're after.

But since you already know you want R wheels, don't overthink it. Both the base and R wheels are some of the best fitting set-ups in the business, IMO...from an appearance standpoint.
Thank you. So essentially I should use the R wheel offset of 24 and 56 to have the same appearance on my regular GT350. My confusion stems from other vendors stipulating that you must change to R hub and/or studs to make their wheels fit. BTW, I am looking at the BC forged RZ10 in gloss black and wanted to know exactly the offset before I order. Thanks.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
So a manufacturer may stipulate that you change hubs/studs because the studs on the R are super long in order to accommodate the specs of the R wheel. Nothing cosmic, just that the base studs are too short. BUT... it's more of a wheel design issue than it is an offset issue. The factory R wheels won't fit on a base due to stud length being too short, but that does not mean a wheel can't be manufactured with the R specs to work with the shorter base studs. Vibe for example...they can make R spec wheels that work with stock studs. The lug nuts will look a little different from a factory R wheel because concessions have to be made somewhere to make it work, but work it does.

But to your last question...yes. Use a wheel with the R specs, and it will have same appearance and fit as a factory R car does. They will fit your car like an R, as opposed to fitting your car like your base spec wheels do. But the differences are minimal. Mostly just the additional slight poke in the rear. Look at an R; that's what they'll look like on your car.
Sponsored