Sponsored

When you buy a new caliper, what parts exactly, do you get?

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
I'm trying to piece together my own front PP brake package (the 6-pot Brembos).

I've found the calipers, new, fairly cheap @ $240/ea, but what parts exactly do you get with "a new in the box caliper?" I know it doesn't include pads or rotors. Got that.

Does the caliper come with the bleeder screw? Caliper retainer clips? Other things I'm missing?

I guess what I'm asking is: If I buy a new-in-box Brembo caliper, is it ready to bolt on and use (with rotors/pads obviously) or do I need to buy all the other parts too?

Thanks much.
Sponsored

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
I'm trying to piece together my own front PP brake package (the 6-pot Brembos).

I've found the calipers, new, fairly cheap @ $240/ea, but what parts exactly do you get with "a new in the box caliper?" I know it doesn't include pads or rotors. Got that.

Does the caliper come with the bleeder screw? Caliper retainer clips? Other things I'm missing?

I guess what I'm asking is: If I buy a new-in-box Brembo caliper, is it ready to bolt on and use (with rotors/pads obviously) or do I need to buy all the other parts too?

Thanks much.
Rotors, pads, shields and maybe new caliper bolts? I plan to do this also, when I upgrade them I plan to run some stainless lines and better fluid but this isn't necessary.