Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
The stock 2018 CAI is pretty good. Put your money towards a tune and/or headers. You will get more out of either of those than a CAI.
Headers are like 4-5 (I am saying 1,000 for headers, 300-500 for install if you don't do it) times more expensive than an intake and would only yield maybe 20 more rwhp than a typical CAI. Not really what I consider bang for your buck.

Tune/cat deletes if you are trying to go that route.
Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
we have some great header options starting at 699 and up

whalesalad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
An intake air is purely aesthetic. You're gonna get the best all-around performance by sticking with stock.

These folks install aftermarket intakes and then spend weeks engineering the perfect heat shield out of nasa teflon coatings to prevent the heat soak... only to realize that they are back where they started. But hey at least you can pop your hood at the local cars n coffee.

Save those pennies for a Corsa catback or a tune (even though it sounds like the 2018 motor is tuned pretty aggressively from the factory)

OP
OP
tonyd1

tonyd1

US NAVY,US ARMY,USCG-RET
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Ruby Red PP,Automatic
An intake air is purely aesthetic. You're gonna get the best all-around performance by sticking with stock.

These folks install aftermarket intakes and then spend weeks engineering the perfect heat shield out of nasa teflon coatings to prevent the heat soak... only to realize that they are back where they started. But hey at least you can pop your hood at the local cars n coffee.

Save those pennies for a Corsa catback or a tune (even though it sounds like the 2018 motor is tuned pretty aggressively from the factory)
thanks guys

jay gee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2000 Camaro Z28, 2010 Challanger RT Classic
I'm confused

Hello from a newbe

What is it about these Mustang after market intakes that make them CAI ?
Where are they drawing the outside cool air into the motor from ?
It looks to me that the incoming air is getting heated as it passes close to the radiator

I have a 6 spd.2000 Camaro Z28 that makes a dynoed 400+ h.p. and I know that none of it is attributed the the CAI at a standstill.
But it has a true CAI that draws air from under the car to the T.B by way of ducting.

The wife has a 2010 Dodge 6 spd. RT Classic also with a true CAI that draws from the ground. She's trading this one in for an ordered GT

Both systems have the IAT sensors relocated further down the tubes, away from the T.B. and engine heat

It seems to me she should keep the factory intake system and just replace the filter. I'm not trying to be derogatory, I'm just not sure of what to expect from performance bolt ons
01Camoro.jpg
AIRpump.jpg
CAI 001.jpg
CAI 003.jpg
2challenger.jpg
DRP Stack 016.JPG

Last edited:

jay gee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2000 Camaro Z28, 2010 Challanger RT Classic