Steeda Rear IRS Subframe Support Braces on a 2018+ convertible

To12555

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt convertible
Has anyone installed the Steeda Rear IRS Subframe Support Braces on a 2018+ convertible?
Sponsored

Expat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerald
Vehicle(s)
2020 Convertible Mustang GT Premium
I am also interested in Steeda or BMR subframes, just to tighten up rear end body flex.

Sigster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sig
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible
Hey guys. I installed the Steeda subframe alignment and support kit plus a front K member brace a couple of weeks ago. There is a very noticeable improvement in handling with no extra harshness. That weird feeling that the rear is loose and sloppy on hard cornering is gone. I highly recommend! Car is '18 GT convertible.

OP
OP

To12555

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
Hey guys. I installed the Steeda subframe alignment and support kit plus a front K member brace a couple of weeks ago. There is a very noticeable improvement in handling with no extra harshness. That weird feeling that the rear is loose and sloppy on hard cornering is gone. I highly recommend! Car is '18 GT convertible.
Hey guys. I installed the Steeda subframe alignment and support kit plus a front K member brace a couple of weeks ago. There is a very noticeable improvement in handling with no extra harshness. That weird feeling that the rear is loose and sloppy on hard cornering is gone. I highly recommend! Car
how was the figment?

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
The Rear subframe braces do not work with a convertible, a convertible should already have rear bracing from the factory (FWIW, there was some discussion here a while ago that indicated some early convertibles may have not gotten the bracing, so I suppose YMMV).

This is what you should have from the factory on a convertible:

1617053857766.png

Note this is also why there's a specific fitment for an aftermarket exhaust for a convertible, the pipes have to clear that brace (you can see how the pipes are bent over it ...)

Sponsored

OP
OP

To12555

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
The Rear subframe braces do not work with a convertible, a convertible should already have rear bracing from the factory (FWIW, there was some discussion here a while ago that indicated some early convertibles may have not gotten the bracing, so I suppose YMMV).

This is what you should have from the factory on a convertible:

1617053857766.png

Note this is also why there's a specific fitment for an aftermarket exhaust for a convertible, the pipes have to clear that brace (you can see how the pipes are bent over it ...)
Yes I know that they come with these stock I just wanted to know if they could be replaced. Thank you for your information

Expat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerald
Vehicle(s)
2020 Convertible Mustang GT Premium
Do you have any install pics? Did you run into any issues while performing the install. Some members state that no further strengthening can be done without removing stock equipment. I find that hard to believe. Both Steeda and BMRSuspension offer mods, but neither specifically state compatibility nor street legal use. I currently am looking at these products from BMR:
CB005 - Cradle Bushing Lockout Kit, Level 2 (eliminating the lower washer)
CB006 - Chassis Brace, Front Subframe, 4-point
CB762 - IRS Subframe Support Brace System
DSL017 - Driveshaft Safety Loop, Front, GT / V-6
ELK012 - End Link Kit For Sway Bars, Set Of 4
SB043 - Sway Bar Kit With Bushings, Front (SB044), Rear (SB045)

Sigster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sig
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible
Do you have any install pics? Did you run into any issues while performing the install. Some members state that no further strengthening can be done without removing stock equipment. I find that hard to believe. Both Steeda and BMRSuspension offer mods, but neither specifically state compatibility nor street legal use. I currently am looking at these products from BMR:
CB005 - Cradle Bushing Lockout Kit, Level 2 (eliminating the lower washer)
CB006 - Chassis Brace, Front Subframe, 4-point
CB762 - IRS Subframe Support Brace System
DSL017 - Driveshaft Safety Loop, Front, GT / V-6
ELK012 - End Link Kit For Sway Bars, Set Of 4
SB043 - Sway Bar Kit With Bushings, Front (SB044), Rear (SB045)
Sorry no install pics. I took it to my shop and the install was a breeze according to the tech. MaskedRacerX is right, you cannot install subframe braces from the Stop the Hop or similar package because of the braces that are already there. The subframe support and alignment kit does fit, and makes a nice difference. I called up Steeda and spoke to one of their guys that happened to have an '18 GT convertible himself. Do that too. Share your goals and they will recommend what can get you moving in the right direction.

From Steeda to me last year:

The Convertible has braces under the car that prevent you from installing the IRS subframe braces in the Stop the hop packages.

So I would recommend going with the Steeda S550 Mustang Subframe Alignment and Support kit the Steeda S550 Mustang Billet Aluminum Vertical Links with Polyurethane Bushings and the Steeda Toe Link Kit W/ Knuckle To Toe Link Bearing Assembly to tighten up the IRS.
And as you said, add the Billet spring spacers to raise up the back.
The ÂĽ spacer is the way to go.
Up front, be sure to add the Steeda S550 Mustang Extreme G-Trac K-Member Brace
And finally, if you budget allows, go with the Steeda Mustang Adjustable Front and Rear Sway Bar With Endlinks

Pronichkin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Artem
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Conv (totaled by a puma); 2021 GT Conv PP1
That's a fantastic parts list, thank you! Does anyone have an idea what's applicable to a PP1 convertible? Because at least the K-Brace is supposedly already there. And I would assume there might be other nuances as well.
Sponsored