Got deal together for 2020 GT350R - would like some insights

AgSurfer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R / 2021 Shelby GT500
I have a deal set with a nearby Ford Dealer for a 2020 GT350R. One owner. Sticker was $77.1k. Sale price is $72.9k. 2,800 miles. Magnetic Metallic with stripes. I am trading in my 2016 GT350 Tech Pack for this deal. Overall I am comfortable with the terms and how they priced my trade. I am visiting the dealership Saturday morning to perform my inspection (undercarriage on the rack first, then ground level exterior and interior inspection, then brief test drive), and if all goes as planned, signing the documents. Dealer will trailer their car to my house and the carrier will take my 2016 GT350 back to the dealer.

I have done research on market pricing for low mileage 2018-2020 used GT350Rs (there are not many out there nationwide) and the dealer's price appears reasonable. And wow - talk about pricing for low mileage used 2020 GT500s - that is a whole different animal. I have requested the Ford Oasis report for the 2020 GT350R (thanks for other member's input on this). I would appreciate any other insights members could offer on specific items / nuances I should pay special attention to when it comes to the GT350R.

Thanks for your help.
Sponsored

svassh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R Performance Blue Metallic
Besides what you already are aware of with the GT350. Look over the front splitter and CF wheels for any damage. The front splitter is lower on the R and catches on everything. The CF wheels obviously are expensive to fix or replace if damaged.

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
I have a deal set with a nearby Ford Dealer for a 2020 GT350R. One owner. Sticker was $77.1k. Sale price is $72.9k. 2,800 miles. Magnetic Metallic with stripes. I am trading in my 2016 GT350 Tech Pack for this deal. Overall I am comfortable with the terms and how they priced my trade. I am visiting the dealership Saturday morning to perform my inspection (undercarriage on the rack first, then ground level exterior and interior inspection, then brief test drive), and if all goes as planned, signing the documents. Dealer will trailer their car to my house and the carrier will take my 2016 GT350 back to the dealer.

I have done research on market pricing for low mileage 2018-2020 used GT350Rs (there are not many out there nationwide) and the dealer's price appears reasonable. And wow - talk about pricing for low mileage used 2020 GT500s - that is a whole different animal. I have requested the Ford Oasis report for the 2020 GT350R (thanks for other member's input on this). I would appreciate any other insights members could offer on specific items / nuances I should pay special attention to when it comes to the GT350R.

Thanks for your help.
My only suggestion would be to closely inspect the wheels for any signs of cracks or damage (particularly inside the barrel and on the backside.) Those wheels are spensive!!

Goodluck and congrats!

OP
OP
AgSurfer

AgSurfer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
My only suggestion would be to closely inspect the wheels for any signs of cracks or damage (particularly inside the barrel and on the backside.) Those wheels are spensive!!

Goodluck and congrats!
excellent - yes, the carbon fiber wheels are pricey indeed.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)

Thanks for your help.
As mentioned by other members the CF wheels and CF wing are very expensive therefore take your time when inspecting all of them.

Of course the front chin spoiler is always subject to abuse and in many cases minor damage so closely monitor this piece as well.

Before looking at your R model I highly recommend that you purchase a black-light inspection lamp/flashlight which will help you immensely when it comes to catching any flaws especially when it comes to the CF wheels on this car.

I distinctly remember getting a great friend of mine to inspect my SB 2018 R model for me as it was being delivered to a dealership in Canada and if it was not for him using a black-light inspection lamp/light I would have ended up signing off my car with a damaged right front CF wheel and would have missed it during the delivery inspection process.

With your car coming with OTT stripes a black-light flashlight will help immensely when inspecting the stripes and paint work as well.

Prior to your inspection make sure that you have a copy of an Oasis Report and if you have any questions after reading it make sure that you bring those questions to the Service Director at your dealership after which time you can both come to agreement on it's contents.

Of course your Oasis Report will confirm when your 3 year "Bumper to Bumper" warranty started and when it ends and that is also the case for your 5 year 50,000 miles powertrain warranty so good to know that information up front as well.

Not a big deal but if you want to check the engine and tranny matching VIN numbers while the car is in the air that is always a bit of fun.

Also, quite important from my standpoint and that is what provenance are you receiving with this car such as original Window Sticker, Shelby GT350R Owners Kit, shipping decals/labels, etc.?

The WS will also be able to confirm as to whether this car came with a dealer supplied GT350R car cover? If this car does not come with a WS I would ask them to provide you with a replacement WS at no charge to you.

Hope that some of the above suggestions are helpful and good luck with the purchase of this very cool GT350R.

Just my opinion but I suggest that the 2020 R's are the pinnacle performance GT350 for the 6 year production run and that is based on improved chassis, steering, handling, braking and overall driver engagement.

:clap: :clap:

3BD37CAF-0A09-4AFC-9157-22B7479C91FC.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP
AgSurfer

AgSurfer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
As mentioned by other members the CF wheels and CF wing are very expensive therefore take your time when inspecting all of them.

Of course the front chin spoiler is always subject to abuse and in many cases minor damage so closely monitor this piece as well.

Before looking at your R model I highly recommend that you purchase a black-light inspection lamp/flashlight which will help you immensely when it comes to catching any flaws especially when it comes to the CF wheels on this car.

I distinctly remember getting a great friend of mine to inspect my SB 2018 R model for me as it was being delivered to a dealership in Canada and if it was not for him using a black-light inspection lamp/light I would have ended up signing off my car with a damaged right front CF wheel and would have missed it during the delivery inspection process.

With your car coming with OTT stripes a black-light flashlight will help immensely when inspecting the stripes and paint work as well.

Prior to your inspection make sure that you have a copy of an Oasis Report and if you have any questions after reading it make sure that you bring those questions to the Service Director at your dealership after which time you can both come to agreement on it's contents.

Of course your Oasis Report will confirm when your 3 year "Bumper to Bumper" warranty started and when it ends and that is also the case for your 5 year 50,000 miles powertrain warranty so good to know that information up front as well.

Not a big deal but if you want to check the engine and tranny matching VIN numbers while the car is in the air that is always a bit of fun.

Also, quite important from my standpoint and that is what provenance are you receiving with this car such as original Window Sticker, Shelby GT350R Owners Kit, shipping decals/labels, etc.?

The WS will also be able to confirm as to whether this car came with a dealer supplied GT350R car cover? If this car does not come with a WS I would ask them to provide you with a replacement WS at no charge to you.

Hope that some of the above suggestions are helpful and good luck with the purchase of this very cool GT350R.

Just my opinion but I suggest that the 2020 R's are the pinnacle performance GT350 for the 6 year production run and that is based on improved chassis, steering, handling, braking and overall driver engagement.

Fantastic - thank you

OP
OP
AgSurfer

AgSurfer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)

I have the Window Sticker and the Oasis report is being emailed to me today.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I have the Window Sticker and the Oasis report is being emailed to me today.
Great and if it doesn't arrive in the mail prior to your inspection have them scan it to you today or tomorrow in order for you to review it prior to seeing the dealership on Saturday morning.

OP
OP
AgSurfer

AgSurfer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Attached is the Oasis report the dealer sent me; it was scanned to me so I printed to PDF. I will get the actual copy when I visit the dealer on Saturday morning. Also, this vehicle was titled as "corporate". Anyone have any insights into that? Perhaps it was titled / held by the dealer? I see a note that states "rental car for customer" on bottom of page 3.

Thanks for the input.

Attachments

Sponsored
OP
OP
AgSurfer

AgSurfer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Nevermind - the customer received a rental car from the dealer when they had the GT350R into service.

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
They gave the owner a rental when it was in for this oil leak service.

OP
OP
AgSurfer

AgSurfer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Corporate basically means it was registered to a business rather then a person. Not necessarily a bad thing. I’m guessing that what happens with all the Montana registered cars.
That's what I thought as well. I am over thinking things. Thanks for quick reply.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Attached is the Oasis report the dealer sent me; it was scanned to me so I printed to PDF. I will get the actual copy when I visit the dealer on Saturday morning. Also, this vehicle was titled as "corporate". Anyone have any insights into that? Perhaps it was titled / held by the dealer? I see a note that states "rental car for customer" on bottom of page 3.

Thanks for the input.

Thanks for the input.
Took a quick look at your color/stripes and options and this is a great looking car and notice no car cover was ordered which is good from my standpoint as I like the Covercraft FormFit car covers a great deal more.

Looks as though it was origianlly allocated to Johnson City Ford in Johnson City, TN. and hope that the Shelby GT350 Owners Kit comes with this car.

Also looks like your warranty start date was May 11th, 2020 therefore you have lots of warranty left on this car.

OP
OP
AgSurfer

AgSurfer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Took a quick look at your color/stripes and options and this is a great looking car and notice no car cover was ordered which is good from my standpoint as I like the Covercraft FormFit car covers a great deal more.

Looks as though it was origianlly allocated to Johnson City Ford in Johnson City, TN. and hope that the Shelby GT350 Owners Kit comes with this car.

Also looks like your warranty start date was May 11th, 2020 therefore you have lots of warranty left on this car.
Thanks. really appreciate the input. I have the WS and CarFax and indeed no car cover for this sticker. No biggie. I have my 2016 GT350 car cover and I can ask the dealer if I can keep it with my trade. The dealer did not ask for it so maybe that is a possibility. Agreed there are other, nice car cover options out there. The car cover is the least of my worries.
Sponsored