Sponsored

What did you do to your UK S550 Mustang Today

Harebear72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT Fastback
Finally got the new wheels and tyres fitted today, drove 4 miles home. Don't know whether it's the placebo effect but it seems that the ride quality has really improved. Tpms light came on as I got home though.
Is there a method for resetting it ?
20190725_184318.jpg
20190725_162056.jpg
20190725_162049.jpg
Hello mate,

What wheel size and what tyre sizes you gone for ??
Sponsored

blueboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Barrie
Vehicle(s)
Dib GT and vw transporter
19inch 305/35 on the rear 285/35 on the front.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Cut the top side of my dust shields off (kept the lower to protect the bushings from any of the adverse heat that could occur), and installed the brake duct bracket that vents front my fog light delete kit.

EoM_iA5vMkKWe003WRXGhgQCfZYLD5jin-eIp3m7gat8s22Zv6zpJ6MyKyPAAOrCdu9rYV6OT&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.jpg

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Anymore pics of the fog light delete ?
Yep, so this is the kit (minus the brackets), this is the "Open" version which i put mesh on to match the car with, there's a funnel out back that scoops the air into those massive flexi-metal pipes which feed into the brake brackets.
vHXNxbe2TdD6MpJDyKTwz9vQmQpF532qFDnmP-yHP2rMjo2rmdnT0oVoJPisvx626-mPmaMBc&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.jpg

This is it with mesh on
O-LPJDCiSMWfPVg7bDcA549JsNT5YodtSkZVzHEPt54uKPAjTLfZ1Zy0kSJLO7s1hkE1xlT3i&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.jpg

This is it painted and on the car
ZV-r4dlIfXDxuzwZ-pzT82OHmlpor9maFXTsqdYuYKvXbQiFY1OgAik83uDFy-jGcTGswcLcw&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.jpg

Mine were obviously flatted and primed, however you can get them with "Oe texture" if you're meshing, and also "oe texture with honeycombe grille"

WjvK1ZnDlrY6t0ZLZlL5Ad7hLsh_RMgeGMaGmiLDjvIqxIprNvhOxLhInvxZuJZJwIIllJHjk&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.jpg

nicQqr4Ptzus6axfqEi_th6Y-32Qr2yh8FqN0EdCqyhwFVRf-eY2r5YUwAeJQdR2P3mKjn7TP&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.jpg

Sponsored

Alfa Male

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulia
Yep, so this is the kit (minus the brackets), this is the "Open" version which i put mesh on to match the car with, there's a funnel out back that scoops the air into those massive flexi-metal pipes which feed into the brake brackets.
vHXNxbe2TdD6MpJDyKTwz9vQmQpF532qFDnmP-yHP2rMjo2rmdnT0oVoJPisvx626-mPmaMBc&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.jpg

This is it with mesh on
O-LPJDCiSMWfPVg7bDcA549JsNT5YodtSkZVzHEPt54uKPAjTLfZ1Zy0kSJLO7s1hkE1xlT3i&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.jpg

This is it painted and on the car
ZV-r4dlIfXDxuzwZ-pzT82OHmlpor9maFXTsqdYuYKvXbQiFY1OgAik83uDFy-jGcTGswcLcw&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.jpg

Mine were obviously flatted and primed, however you can get them with "Oe texture" if you're meshing, and also "oe texture with honeycombe grille"

WjvK1ZnDlrY6t0ZLZlL5Ad7hLsh_RMgeGMaGmiLDjvIqxIprNvhOxLhInvxZuJZJwIIllJHjk&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.jpg

nicQqr4Ptzus6axfqEi_th6Y-32Qr2yh8FqN0EdCqyhwFVRf-eY2r5YUwAeJQdR2P3mKjn7TP&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.jpg
I was only looking at a couple of mustangs with these fitted at Modurstang’s open day yesterday, thinking that’s a nice mod!

Yours looks great.

Where did you source yours from as I like the OEM grill mesh look ?

Look forward to see the brake duct install pics for inspiration and guidance! :wink:

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
gt's already have brake cooling ducts/fins to point air if i remember rightly anyway

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
gt's already have brake cooling ducts/fins to point air if i remember rightly anyway
If you're on about the gap on the sides by the fogs they're for aero and go straight into the tyres, there's nothing else that directs it onto the brakes. These had invididual temp gauges mounted to monitor their reduction in temps around curborough (with them on and without them on), during the same track on the same car. Ther's a noticable difference.

@Alfa Male I got it from Dave Connell on FB he's made a whole load of kits (blue car in the photos above), the mesh is just from ebay and matches my grilles, i think i was the only one at Modurstang with the kit on (or atleast his kit as the other guys with them haven't installed yet)

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
no wasn't thinking of the front bumper vents was thinking of the front links on the gt have little fins on them that focus through put air into the brakes the EB doesn't have them.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
no wasn't thinking of the front bumper vents was thinking of the front links on the gt have little fins on them that focus through put air into the brakes the EB doesn't have them.
Which links, got a picture?

All i know is these were tested on a GT (which would have had them) which also improved the heat reduction on them. (Which should in my eyes translate back to the EBs)

Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
interesting my oem gt ones do have the little fins on thats what the 2 bolts in the one in your picture are for. wonder if ford changed the spec at some time.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
interesting my oem gt ones do have the little fins on thats what the 2 bolts in the one in your picture are for. wonder if ford changed the spec at some time.
That's one i can't answer lol! but this one doesn't / didn't have fins on it haha!

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
That's one i can't answer lol! but this one doesn't / didn't have fins on it haha!
well the part numbers are different from eb to gt but they're identical parts apart from the fin as far as I can see so mis-fit of eb part to gt perhaps?
Sponsored