Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
The Police traced the driver and passed the details on to me (after calling her).

Ive called her this morning and she is paying a visit tonight to sort out paperwork.

Have had a quote for €600 for the repair (has to be a spot repair, no new bumper), so the total costs will be around the €700 mark. No chance to upgrade to a different bumper either.... thats not how it works here.

Ill ask the lady tonight if she wants to put it through insurance or just pay it herself.

Once the old bracket was removed, there was more damage to be found:

Have pressed my old Sto N Sho bracket back in to service, and found an old number plate in the garage.

Have to say, rather impressed with the local BiB for getting the details to me last night. DashCam saves the day (again).

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
not sure how they're going to fix that though looks like a crack and a bend/stretch of the plastic heating up may help a little but it'll never be perfect.

Sponsored

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
not sure how they're going to fix that though looks like a crack and a bend/stretch of the plastic heating up may help a little but it'll never be perfect.
If it's not perfect, they'll have to replace. Will have to wait and see what the result is...

Repair technician was very confident though, and categorically refused to use a new bumper when a spot repair can be done.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
If it's not perfect, they'll have to replace. Will have to wait and see what the result is...

Repair technician was very confident though, and categorically refused to use a new bumper when a spot repair can be done.
i shall await pictures i'll be shocked if they can get that back to looking as it should. did you check underneath it its pushed its mounts back at all as it ?

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I have no idea if it can be repaired but I would care about more than appearance. The bumper covers are made of soft material so they can flex certain amounts without any damage. The paint used has additives to allow the paint to flex with the cover.

So to make sure the repaired cover retains that flexibility, I would give it a strong push with my hand in the repaired areas before taking the car back and not accept it if that causes any new damage. You haven't been made whole if you are left with a bumper that necessitates future repairs if you look at at it cross-eyed.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
What was the womans reaction? Did she know she had done it? Was she apologetic?

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Check carefully where the bumper clips in by the headlights, the lugs are easily broken:mad:

Sponsored

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
She must have known..... probably couldn't care less that she damaged someone's pride and joy...

"Well it's only a car ain't it"

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
She must have known..... probably couldn't care less that she damaged someone's pride and joy...

"Well it's only a car ain't it"
Different cultures and all that...when I go with my girlfriend to see her folks - typical Spanish town, bumpers are used for just that - bumping! Lost count of how many "accidents" I saw when I watched the locals parallel park :lol:

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16

What does it have to do with him; if you are the paying customer?

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
What does it have to do with him; if you are the paying customer?

I'm not the paying customer, an insurance company is..... And the repair places care far more about their relationship with the insurers than they do with an individual customer.

How it works here.

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
I'm not the paying customer, an insurance company is..... And the repair places care far more about their relationship with the insurers than they do with an individual customer.

How it works here.
Ah, understood, I didn't realise you'd already gone to insurance. UK (mainstream) insurers are more inclined to go straight for panel replacement these days.
Sponsored