Sponsored

What did you do to your UK S550 Mustang Today

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
As others have said.

Yes the MPSS and upcoming PS4S is superior to the PZERO in wet/cold grip, also better in the dry.

But car's are not crashing in winter months because of the PZERO, as its still one of the best performing tyres on the market, the PZERO is a top ranking tyre, there is far worse available.

The cars crash because the owner is 99% of the time doing something stupid behind the wheels, its a RWD car with quite a lot of torque and power. As such drive to the conditions and you will be fine.

If you feel you are a complete baboon behind the wheel and cannot drive to the conditions either leave the car parked, up put it into wet mode as that will bring in the safety systems the moment any wheel slip is detected so it can help a lot. Also maybe consider some Winter tyres as they have tremendous grip immediately as they are designed to work without needs heat in the tyres and they will prevent you from getting stuck if we do get any snow.

But as others have said, use your noggin, use the wet mode and you shall be fine irrelevant of what tyre is fitted.
Sponsored

Maoilearca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 GT Auto Coupe (Guard). FP PP2
new mats

Again, in the interests of making the interior brighter, I've put in new, luxury pile, floor mats, front and back, from www.autostyle.co.uk. Really nicely done in tan, with lots of options (V8 badging, foot plate, etc) for £70. Way better than previous ones from Ultimate Car Mats.

Next up: exterior mirror chrome covers - but where to find them in European size?

mats1.jpg

mats2.jpg

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Ask them to check wheel alignment pre-delivery. I only noticed after 7000 miles that I was getting uneven tyre wear. Dealer sorted it at the 1 year service and now the car is much more predictable.

The Ecoboost shouldn't be able to break traction if the road is warm and dry unless you're flat out in first/second with the TCS off. But ... now it's wet and cold, it's time to take things fairly easy anway. The Mustang bonnet does seem to create the illusion that you're travelling much slower than you are!

I'm still undecided as to whether I'm going to fit winters or get a cheap runabout for the period December to February.
you drive wrong if you can't get the backend to kickout in the EB ;)! I can get mine to stutter with MPSS' in the warm. :thumbsup: (I am pushing more boost, more bhp and more traction than you though!)

As everyone knows, drive to your and the cars limits, it's easy to predict when the v8 and EB are slipping, it makes it abundantly clear, and even an inferior driver will notice it. It's a RWD car, don't drive like a twit in the wet.

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Dropped the car off to Ford last night, will see what they come back with today....

Edit: Just called them to add on the handbrake adjustment (can't be living with that any longer lol) and it's currently in the workshop but no update.

Last edited:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Here's some stuff i've been doing recently:

1) datalogged my last 2 revisions of the tune, just been sent the final revision by adam [MENTION=19118]Tune+[/MENTION]

2) painted a set of engine covers for @golden_gooner in black, rosso red, and chrome.

3) began painting my spare engine coolant tank (from [MENTION=26917]sheps5.0[/MENTION] )

yes i've masked off a sight so i can still see fluid levels hence the masking tape by the min/max lines.

Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Good work you Manders...keen to see how you get on with the coolant tank, I've considered buying one of those covers but a respray would be much more effective!

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Good work you Manders...keen to see how you get on with the coolant tank, I've considered buying one of those covers but a respray would be much more effective!
Well i have a spare one haha! :thumbsup:

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
An update on my Winter tyres for anyone who is considering.

Ive had the Nokian WRA4s on for about a month now and covered a couple of K kms with them.

The first 2-300km were awful. As in properly scary OMG what have I done kind of stuff.

However they quickly bedded in and have since been wonderful. Dry grip is 8 or 9/10ths as good as the summer UHPs that have come off. Wet grip is very nice. Havent had chance to test properly cold performance yet, but the reviews are good.

They also seem v. pressure sensitive in terms of feel. My happy place with these is 2.2bar cold, rising to 2.4bar warm.

These are great value in the proper GTPP staggered sizes. Can heartily recommend.

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Changed my MagnaFlow Street cat back for a Borla Touring cat back. Not as theatrical but suits my use of the convertible better.

MagnaFlow will be up for sale when I get a pic.

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Update on coolant tank...

Red min/max (and arrow) and the line markers, red around the sight glass, and red around the coolant filler lid and stop line.

Just needs a gentle neaten up and lacquer and it's good to go :D!

Also today i've been trying to hunt down the random clunks in my rear suspension when going over bumps, not sure what it is, everything was tight as FUCK when i tried to play with it. I've categorised it down to just the dampeners being set 'too hard' and feeling too much of the road, they've gone from 25(30 is hard) to 22 clicks on the rear now. If anyone has any idea what the clunks could be, please let me know...

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I always count from full hard to soft.I'm on 7 from hard on the rear and i get no clonks.I found 16 from hard bouncy.
Trying to think what could be clonking if all bolts are tight.
I know the stock shock mounts can fail,(rubber pushes through)but thats normally if really lowered or extreme track use.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I always count from full hard to soft.I'm on 7 from hard on the rear and i get no clonks.I found 16 from hard bouncy.
Trying to think what could be clonking if all bolts are tight.
I know the stock shock mounts can fail,(rubber pushes through)but thats normally if really lowered or extreme track use.
Rubbers fine, it was up on stilts today, all the rubbers intact, the spin cogs are all tight in place, every suspension bolt is tight.

In which case i was 5 from hard, now 8 from hard. I did go to 7, but i can just bring it back down if it's too floaty on the back.

It's been round silverstone once, but that's about it.

My only assumption was that, or, that the exhaust is actually hitting some part somehow. :lol:

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
So I tried softening the suspension to 8 clicks (from 5) drove today (that's 22 from soft, rather than 25 it was previously), still clunking, not sure what it is, it's coming from the rear left side, it sounds pretty heavy and it's only when going over bumps and dips. The top mount appears to all be in check, I snapped a few photo's when car was off the ground and I can't see any structural damage.

All of the suspension components feel super tight. I'll hit them with a *torque wrench whilst on a 4 post* when I get some time. I'm over doing a dyno day next sat hopefully they have a 4 post and will let me at it just to make sure it's all tight(er)
Sponsored