What did you do to your UK S550 Mustang Today

markleigh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark... duh!
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red Mustang GT ...just sold :-(
I couldn't do anything to my UKS550 Mustang today... because I haven't got it yet... but I went for my Mustang 'fix' at my local dealer, saw [MENTION=20606]j-rowe14[/MENTION], sat in the demo car and made V8 noises.
IMG_0733.JPG
Sponsored

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
They are covers from Ebay.

Nut Covers:- http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wheel-Nut...ex-20-Pieces-Plus-Removal-Tool-/262398384724?

Lock Nut Covers:- http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271431320573?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

& you will need M22 stick-on neoprene washers for behind the lock nut cover:- http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251120204267?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Just use some insulating tape inside them to make them a tight fit - all stayed on after 4000 miles & a 'skelp' around Silverstone!!:D

Can't remember who posted this info originally, thot it was BigG or SteveC, but couldn't find it again - so big ups the original poster :thumbsup:
No need for the Lock nut covers and the washers if you want all the covers to match. The lock nut covers are very different and have bobble on the top where as the others are flat. I binned the lock nut covers and instead used the remaining 4 nut covers.
1) Gently heat the nut covers with a heat gun and then press on to the locking wheel nut. This will mould the plastic.
2) After letting the covers cool down, take them off and then spray the top and flat part of the locking wheel nut black.
3) Put the new moulded covers back on and because of step 2, no ugly silver showing behind.
All nice, neat and match all round :)

QUIRKESTER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dom
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Juke - Volvo XC 90 T8 - Ford Mustang GT
Does getting my dealer to do the job count? I finally managed to get a 50th Anniversary grille in a state that could be fitted to Ruby and the dealer had agreed to fit it for free. So whilst they had the front dismantled I had them sort out the bonnet pinch and, the best bit, fit led sidelight bulbs. The only thing not to get done were the DRL bulbs 'cos Manders was too quick therefore I'm having to wait for new stock.

20160425_142827 6g.jpg

20160425_150648 6g.jpg
Awesome photo....

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Went to fit roush cai today, and no grommet, grrrrrrrr
Did you put it in the cake?

(on another note, you have your car back now from your little accident?)

SSC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Been waiting 3 months for replacement orange sidemarker from dealer (under warranty as came broken on delivery). An excuse to buy some black Diode Dynamics side markers, which arrived today.

Haven't wired them up yet as it's been chucking it down all day and the instructions are lousy anyway. You also have to scotchlock to the number plate wires which I'm never keen on. So just stuck one on the car without wiring for the time being. Better than the gaping hole that was there before.

dd.JPG

IMG_0542.JPG

Goes with the black nut covers mentioned above...

IMG_0550.JPG

For that 'drug dealer' blackout look....

IMG_0547.JPG
Even the dodgy hoodie on the balcony approves :lol:

Belly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic GT Auto, July build, Sept Arrival
I wouldn't leave your car there long unattended. I don't think it would be around when you got back!

Monty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
Been waiting 3 months for replacement orange sidemarker from dealer (under warranty as came broken on delivery). An excuse to buy some black Diode Dynamics side markers, which arrived today.

Haven't wired them up yet as it's been chucking it down all day and the instructions are lousy anyway. You also have to scotchlock to the number plate wires which I'm never keen on. So just stuck one on the car without wiring for the time being. Better than the gaping hole that was there before.

dd.JPG

IMG_0542.JPG

Goes with the black nut covers mentioned above...

IMG_0550.JPG

Last edited:

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I FINISHED FITTING THE INTERIOR PIPING... 3 hours it took... 3. fucking. hours. The corner of the leather closest to the back of the car, is impossible!

However, word of advice for anybody trying to do this, start at the side closest to the back of the car. have the split flange side facing into the plasting door pannel, slip trim tool over the top and push in, thread round, bobs your uncle (Well after about 3 hours he is!)

I wasn't using a trim removal tool by the way, i used a flimsy paint scraper i use for the house...!

Below are pictures:
3metres of piping, I used aboutt 2.5m on the door pannels, about 50cm on the centre console. If attempting this mod i'd recommend buying 4m to be safe!

Quickest way on the straights:

Corner i got stuck on, finished today:

Completed

Also correction paint came for stone chips.

Last edited:

SSC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I FINISHED FITTING THE INTERIOR PIPING... 3 hours it took... 3. fucking. hours. The corner of the leather closest to the back of the car, is impossible!

However, word of advice for anybody trying to do this, start at the side closest to the back of the car. have the split flange side facing into the plasting door pannel, slip trim tool over the top and push in, thread round, bobs your uncle (Well after about 3 hours he is!)

I wasn't using a trim removal tool by the way, i used a flimsy paint scraper i use for the house...!

Below are pictures:
3metres of piping, I used aboutt 2.5m on the door pannels, about 50cm on the centre console. If attempting this mod i'd recommend buying 4m to be safe!

- Don't forget to tuck the ends of the piping into the trim gaps!

Easiest way to do the straights.

Where i got stuck on the passenger side:

Drivers side complete:

Corner on the far right of the picture is the bitch to get round!

Also my paint came for fixing my stone chip:
Odd, can't see the pictures

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Odd, can't see the pictures
Weird... Work for me, i've pulled twitter images as the host so should work? Usually do that.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Try now :) Edited post.
Sponsored