OP
OP
Tmpst

Tmpst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1, 21 Exploder ST, 00 Excursion v10
With and without the logo close up. You can still see where it’s the subdued oval but that’s about it. Talkin with the glass guy to see if there’s a safe way to remove that center and lay a vinyl sticker in there to make it match as before. Little dusty from all the crazy wind this weekend.
D1F59A54-F981-4598-8543-11C76F34A3B4.jpeg
DD82AA65-F31C-4D2D-B305-17492566D950.jpeg
FED31ACB-C2EF-4863-9E2B-B2270FDB993E.jpeg
Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Had surgery a couple weeks ago and haven't been allowed to drive, and not allowed to lift anything heavy (like taking off the wheels) for a few weeks yet but am just itching to get back into messing with the car. Got 3 paint projects planned and my wonderful wife drove me to the auto parts store and Home Depot today for supplies...

First one is painting the silver tips of the fender emblems dark gray metallic to match the rear wing and side mirror caps. Found a can of Rust-Oleum spray paint at Advance Auto that looks pretty close. I have a 1" thick piece of very smooth hard rubber that's a little flexible but shouldn't smash down into the black part of the emblem. Planning to try spraying the rubber and touching the emblem tips with it to transfer the paint. Can't use a regular foam painting pad because it's too soft, I really want to try to get just the silver tips painted and keep the black background. Figuring 50% chance of success. If it works it shouldn't take much time at all.

Next is painting the calipers red. Bought some red Dupli-Color caliper spray paint and a couple 9 ft x 12 ft clear plastic drop cloths. Have been researching other paints but they all seem to have both good and bad reviews. Planning on removing the rotors and pads and reinstalling the bare calipers, cutting a slit through the dropcloths for the calipers to poke through, and draping the cloths over the car so the only thing exposed are the calipers. A little taping and spraying and done, will be more time prepping than actual painting. Found some silver Brembo vinyl emblems on Etsy of all places and will hit them with clear caliper paint after applying the emblems.

Last one is painting the set of winter base 5-spoke Mach wheels black, I don't like the charcoal color with the silver car. Got some black Dupli-Color wheel paint. The hardest part will be masking the machined lip but I did a test run with painter's tape and a half round file (we used to mask off steel machine tables in the shop this way for painting) and it seems to work OK. May not turn out show-quality but I'm not that concerned since they're winter wheels. Probably won't be allowed to tackle this one or the calipers for another 4-6 weeks.

Hope to be posting emblem pics within the next week!

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
Had surgery a couple weeks ago and haven't been allowed to drive, and not allowed to lift anything heavy (like taking off the wheels) for a few weeks yet but am just itching to get back into messing with the car. Got 3 paint projects planned and my wonderful wife drove me to the auto parts store and Home Depot today for supplies...

First one is painting the silver tips of the fender emblems dark gray metallic to match the rear wing and side mirror caps. Found a can of Rust-Oleum spray paint at Advance Auto that looks pretty close. I have a 1" thick piece of very smooth hard rubber that's a little flexible but shouldn't smash down into the black part of the emblem. Planning to try spraying the rubber and touching the emblem tips with it to transfer the paint. Can't use a regular foam painting pad because it's too soft, I really want to try to get just the silver tips painted and keep the black background. Figuring 50% chance of success. If it works it shouldn't take much time at all.

Next is painting the calipers red. Bought some red Dupli-Color caliper spray paint and a couple 9 ft x 12 ft clear plastic drop cloths. Have been researching other paints but they all seem to have both good and bad reviews. Planning on removing the rotors and pads and reinstalling the bare calipers, cutting a slit through the dropcloths for the calipers to poke through, and draping the cloths over the car so the only thing exposed are the calipers. A little taping and spraying and done, will be more time prepping than actual painting. Found some silver Brembo vinyl emblems on Etsy of all places and will hit them with clear caliper paint after applying the emblems.

Last one is painting the set of winter base 5-spoke Mach wheels black, I don't like the charcoal color with the silver car. Got some black Dupli-Color wheel paint. The hardest part will be masking the machined lip but I did a test run with painter's tape and a half round file (we used to mask off steel machine tables in the shop this way for painting) and it seems to work OK. May not turn out show-quality but I'm not that concerned since they're winter wheels. Probably won't be allowed to tackle this one or the calipers for another 4-6 weeks.

Hope to be posting emblem pics within the next week!
Glad you are able to tinker with your car. Please post pictures of the emblem modifications, I plan on doing something with them as well.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Glad you are able to tinker with your car. Please post pictures of the emblem modifications, I plan on doing something with them as well.
Abort... abort... tried the emblem painting and it failed. The paint wouldn't transfer to the emblem from the rubber pad. Tried a foam painting pad for the heck of it and all it did was make a mess. Luckily was able to remove the paint with alcohol. Will probably end up ordering replacement side emblems and painting them off the car. In spite of the textured surface a primer might also be helpful.

Sponsored

Tshenberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis M1908
Abort... abort... tried the emblem painting and it failed. The paint wouldn't transfer to the emblem from the rubber pad. Tried a foam painting pad for the heck of it and all it did was make a mess. Luckily was able to remove the paint with alcohol. Will probably end up ordering replacement side emblems and painting them off the car. In spite of the textured surface a primer might also be helpful.
have you looked at the overlays from bemaro film? That might be easier for you then painting. Not sure if they have color you want

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Well, it was worth a shot, no one said it had to work. Thanks for the update

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
your post yesterday inspired me to give it a shot last night as well. I ordered some matte black film and tried to do a wrap on just the silver part of the emblem. My idea after watching hours of YouTube videos on wrapping emblems was with some heat it would form around the letter and using some very small tools I got at hobby lobby and a brand new sharp knife I’d be able to make precision cuts and achieve the desired effect. What a f’n disaster. It’s like there wasn’t enough surface area for the vinyl to adhere to. I gave up.
I think you are at the same point I am. The only solution is to get new emblems and paint them. It still doesn’t solve the rear deck lid as that emblem is not sold separately. And the lid is like $700 last I checked. If I have success painting the new fender emblems I might just suck it up and order the lid and complete the job so I can stop thinking about this.

have you looked at the overlays from bemaro film? That might be easier for you then painting. Not sure if they have color you want
I ordered them but didn’t install. It’s completely my fault but I didn’t realize they only covered the face of the letter. You can still see silver from the side. While that’s probably ok for some people I need it perfect and looking like the whole emblem was black from the factory the same way the preproduction cars had them.

Last edited:

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
You would think by now, someone would sell the black emblems like the other trim levels have.

Sponsored

Tshenberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis M1908
Ready for Cars and Coffee Saturday morning. . Finally warm enough !

73EC8B8D-0CD7-463C-9F76-1FE1CD05A27C.jpeg

A14C6C6B-8BF6-4879-BCC7-1A9663D7820D.jpeg

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
You just garage shamed me into putting a few hours in later today to organizing in mine :giggle:
This project has been almost as long as waiting for a build date :crackup:
Sponsored