Sponsored

What’s the best 60ft possible on a stock a10 car and techniques

Htk084

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be stang
Wow truly impressive. Really fascinated in your current setup, hows that Steeda intake treating you? I’ve heard some not so good things about it but it looks so good (far better than the other options)

Btw shoutout from across the river in MD!

For this pass, it only had PBD E85 tune, JLT, and Ford Performance Extreme catback, drag pack, seats out, good DA. Still had stock headers, cats, and converter. Would if ran 10’s that day if I would have used the transbrake. Oh well.

Now it’s ported Cobra Jet, Kooks catless headers, and nearly complete BMR/Steeda front/rear suspension. If it doesn’t run deep 10’s, I’m selling it. Ha. Waiting for Corona to pass and tracks to open.

461836B2-4524-45B8-832F-371F116D328B.jpeg
Sponsored

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/401A/A10
Vehicle Showcase
Wow truly impressive. Really fascinated in your current setup, hows that Steeda intake treating you? I’ve heard some not so good things about it but it looks so good (far better than the other options)

Btw shoutout from across the river in MD!
I would of kept the JLT but they don’t make a Cobra Jet version that retains the 120mm MAF inlet. Well, I still have it in my garage and I may try to adapt it to my Cobra Jet and then do back to back passes at the track to prove what’s actually better in that situation. I do like the Steeda because the IATs around town are same as stock.

Where in MD are you? All the tracks I go to are in Maryland.

Htk084

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be stang
Boy I would LOVE it if you did that comparison. Did that JLT treat you good? The Steeda does seem better but I worry about all the MAF signal issues I’ve been hearing on a flex fuel tune (or any tune for that matter). How has it been running for u and which tune are u on if you don’t mind me asking?

I’m in the Germantown area and yeah should be nice when the tracks open up again!

I would of kept the JLT but they don’t make a Cobra Jet version that retains the 120mm MAF inlet. Well, I still have it in my garage and I may try to adapt it to my Cobra Jet and then do back to back passes at the track to prove what’s actually better in that situation. I do like the Steeda because the IATs around town are same as stock.

Where in MD are you? All the tracks I go to are in Maryland.

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Boy I would LOVE it if you did that comparison. Did that JLT treat you good? The Steeda does seem better but I worry about all the MAF signal issues I’ve been hearing on a flex fuel tune (or any tune for that matter). How has it been running for u and which tune are u on if you don’t mind me asking?

I’m in the Germantown area and yeah should be nice when the tracks open up again!
The Steeda drives fine for me but I use E85 only tune. I’m not a fan of the Flex tunes. Once you go E85, you will never switch back to 93, ever. And if you should need to use 93, just load the 93 tune in under 6 minutes on the NGauge while you are filling up the tank.

As far as the JLT, I liked it, it drives good, and rips at the track. What I did for around town IATs was put a perfectly cut foil-lined insulation blanket and layed it down in the top of the open box. My IATs were not bad at all especially compared to just leaving the filter totally exposed. I have seen others make a plexi-glass cover and seal the box. That works really well but doesn’t look as clean as the Steeda.

Htk084

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be stang
Nice! What are you fuel trims like with the Steeda? All good? Reason I ask is cause I’ve heard issues with tuning it for the MAF. Not sure if it’s for the flex fuel tunes causing issues or all tunes. Thanks!

The Steeda drives fine for me but I use E85 only tune. I’m not a fan of the Flex tunes. Once you go E85, you will never switch back to 93, ever. And if you should need to use 93, just load the 93 tune in under 6 minutes on the NGauge while you are filling up the tank.

As far as the JLT, I liked it, it drives good, and rips at the track. What I did for around town IATs was put a perfectly cut foil-lined insulation blanket and layed it down in the top of the open box. My IATs were not bad at all especially compared to just leaving the filter totally exposed. I have seen others make a plexi-glass cover and seal the box. That works really well but doesn’t look as clean as the Steeda.

Sponsored

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Nice! What are you fuel trims like with the Steeda? All good? Reason I ask is cause I’ve heard issues with tuning it for the MAF. Not sure if it’s for the flex fuel tunes causing issues or all tunes. Thanks!
I monitor Lambda (instead of A/F on dash) in real-time on my NGauge and it hovers right around 1.00 as it should whether at idle or steady state cruising. I think the problems reported was with Flex fuel only. No issues I have heard with 93 or E85.

You must run the Steeda exactly the way your tuner says to. In my case, I leave the insert sleeve in and put the MAF in the lid. You can also run with the MAF in the inlet tube or with the insert sleeve removed.

Htk084

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be stang
Oh nice correct me if I’m wrong but that’s perfect right? That’s what stock would be. Can’t get any better than that? Not too knowledgeable here.

Interesting what you say about where to run the MAfF, who’s your tuner if you don’t mind me asking?

I monitor Lambda (instead of A/F on dash) in real-time on my NGauge and it hovers right around 1.00 as it should whether at idle or steady state cruising. I think the problems reported was with Flex fuel only. No issues I have heard with 93 or E85.

You must run the Steeda exactly the way your tuner says to. In my case, I leave the insert sleeve in and put the MAF in the lid. You can also run with the MAF in the inlet tube or with the insert sleeve removed.

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Oh nice correct me if I’m wrong but that’s perfect right? That’s what stock would be. Can’t get any better than that? Not too knowledgeable here.

Interesting what you say about where to run the MAfF, who’s your tuner if you don’t mind me asking?
1.00 Lambda is equal to Stoich, regardless of fuel type. 0.99 would be 1% rich and 1.01 would be 1% lean. As an example, my car at WOT and 8,000 rpms is 0.84.

My car is tuned by Palm Beach Dyno.

Htk084

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be stang
Ok thanks for clearing that up. Well good to know it can be run you just have to avoid the flex tune. Interesting

1.00 Lambda is equal to Stoich, regardless of fuel type. 0.99 would be 1% rich and 1.01 would be 1% lean. As an example, my car at WOT and 8,000 rpms is 0.84.

My car is tuned by Palm Beach Dyno.
Sponsored