Sponsored

Well the wait is over i got it

CaptainSensible

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black Mustang V8 GT Coupe
Hell yeah. Another Stang in the South West. Did you pick up from the Ashton Gate Ford Store? It's where I got mine.
I've recently ordered from Ashton Gate Ford, hoping for delivery next spring. How did you find them throughout the order process? I'm not massively impressed so far, took three attempts to get them to send me through the order confirmation!

OP
OP
richie2

richie2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.3 ecoboost
yes mate but i am over in bradley stoke in bristol i order it from the trust ford in north bristol at cribbs

Tom.GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
GT
I've recently ordered from Ashton Gate Ford, hoping for delivery next spring. How did you find them throughout the order process? I'm not massively impressed so far, took three attempts to get them to send me through the order confirmation!
I planned to order through them, did not receive the welcome, information or help I expected, so I went to Allen Ford in Swindon & put my deposit down there, all good so far (apart from asking for £2k deposit instead of the standard £1k, cheeky buggers)

Sponsored

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
yes mate but i am over in bradley stoke in bristol i order it from the trust ford in north bristol at cribbs
Let me guess, Ben Miller. It's where I ordered mine. Had to pick it up from Ashton Gate though. Apparently, until they become the official Ford store, you can't order Mustangs through them anymore

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
I actually ordered mine through the Cribbs Causeway branch, but as they are not an official Ford Store, had to pick it up from Ashton Gate.

Just a heads up, no matter who you ordered from, you will probably always know way more about Mustangs in general, and once you get your vin, you will know the progress of your car way before anyone at Ashton Gate.

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
I ordered 4th March, and despite 3 further visits to the dealer, the only paperwork I have to date is a scribbled receipt for my 2k deposit on one of those little chits from the type of receipt book you can buy from WH Smith, along with a price written on the back of the salesman's business card.

Not heard a word from my dealer since ordering with any updates or other info.

I'm just thankful for this forum as it's given me the information to be able to find out my order number, confirm the specification, obtain the VIN etc., without having to go anywhere near the dealer... who probably wouldn't know this information anyway if it walked up and kicked them in the b0ll0cks.

First time I've ever bought a new car from Ford (my previous 11 new cars having been from other manufacturers who've been mostly excellent) and if it wasn't for the fact I wanted the Mustang so much, I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole and certainly won't deal with them again if I don't have to.

F*cking crap company as far as I'm concerned... just a shame such a desirable car happens to be sold by such an appalling group of dealerships.

Rant over!
Sponsored