WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
If anyone is looking for a cheap snow lance/cannon kit, the Meguiars package is currently $51.96 shipped on eBay - includes three different pressure washer adapters.

https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/423801

Use code PASSENGER at checkout.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Bowden's Own "Big Green Sucker" Microfibre Towel on sale at SuperCheap for $23.99 until 07/03.

Can highly recommend these, they have the sucking power of a dehydrated Kings Cross call girl.
Another vote for this towel.

IMG-E2055.jpg

c6.jpg

I can also recommend Bowden's Microfibre Wash too. This stuff is designed specifically for microfibre with no fabric softeners or bleaches, helping to prolong the life of towels and their effectiveness.

https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p...n1=srgBrand&prefv1=Bowden's+Own&sz=60&start=6

IMG_6363.jpg

Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
@DFB5.0 do you use the BGS for interior duties or is this just a candid pose in its natural environment? Serious question, I use the Plush Daddy only because it's recommended but then it's all microfiber really...just wondering.
Ha ha, you got me! That image was just posing. :crackup:

The plush daddy would be better suited to interior detailing.

For reference, I use a few Rag Company towels for interior work.

For door jambs -
The Creature Edgeless in blue or Smitten Drying Mitt.

https://www.detailstore.com.au/coll...pany-creature-edgeless?variant=31851940020279
https://detailingshed.com.au/collections/drying-towels/products/the-rag-company-smitten-drying-mitt

I love the Smitten as it just fits so well into door jambs and is very ergonomic to use. (Excuse my Falcon's as test subjects)

oct69.jpg

IMG-3745.jpg

IMG-3747.jpg

For Interior work -

The above linked Creature Edgeless are also great for interiors, being a good balance of size and softness for delicate trims and screens. I also use the green "Car Wash" towels, mainly for leather cleaning but also for general interior cleaning/dusting. These are a larger towel with a shorter pile, making them better suited to interior cleaning. (Again, ignore the lack of Mustang in the examples, although still a wild animal. :wink: )

https://carcareco.com.au/product/th...h-16-x-27-microfiber-terry-towel-41cm-x-69cm/

IMG-8364.jpg

dec26.jpg

Considering my fetish for detailing towels, these products are more cost effective than the single packaged items sold in the Big Box stores.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Thanks DFB5.0 great advice as always. I've had a hankering to go with mitts where possible as they seem to be more ergonomic although maybe have less real estate for jobs like drying etc. if one adheres strictly to the short pile / long pile directions

No need to excuse the Falcons, always a welcome inclusion despite the feelings of loss that inevitably arise from seeing one. Not sure about zee Englander..

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Thanks DFB5.0 great advice as always. I've had a hankering to go with mitts where possible as they seem to be more ergonomic although maybe have less real estate for jobs like drying etc. if one adheres strictly to the short pile / long pile directions

No need to excuse the Falcons, always a welcome inclusion despite the feelings of loss that inevitably arise from seeing one. Not sure about zee Englander..
In terms of towel size, using a blower/dryer means the use of a drying towel is almost redundant for me. I'm really only absorbing any remaining water and spreading a quick detailer so ultimate towel size isn't a factor.

On the topic of mitts, I have also been loving the Smitten Glass Mitt.

https://detailingshed.com.au/collec...ts/14b-the-rag-company-the-smitten-glass-mitt

y5.jpg

y6.jpg

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
In terms of towel size, using a blower/dryer means the use of a drying towel is almost redundant for me. I'm really only absorbing any remaining water and spreading a quick detailer so ultimate towel size isn't a factor.

https://detailingshed.com.au/collec...ts/14b-the-rag-company-the-smitten-glass-mitt

y5.jpg

y6.jpg
Like you I use the

y5.jpg

y6.jpg
Like you I use the Gyeon glass cleaner.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
@DFB5.0 that's an excellent point, I use a Makita blower and a drying aid so a mitt for buffing would presumably be just fine.

But this really got my attention...

The SMITTEN DRY Mitt. This unique tool was designed by the TRC team to eliminate towel drag when using a large drying towel on lower panels

Ah yes...gravity, a microfiber towel and lower panel sections bring the expletives.

Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Spent some blissful time before work this morning re-organizing the chemical cabinet.

IMG_8990.jpg

Started by removing the bulk quantity bottles and storing them under the sink, freeing up space to lower the top two adjustable shelves. That allowed me to re-group products via brand. Koch Chemie, CarPro and NV on the top shelf, Auto Glym, Bowdens, Chemical Guys, Meguires and others on the second shelf. Several products, unused for years, found their way to bin.

The third shelf houses various diluted chemicals in Kwazar sprayers.

IMG_8993.jpg

And the best bit is I found some extra space for more products! :rockon:

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Spent some blissful time before work this morning re-organizing the chemical cabinet.

IMG_8990.jpg

Started by removing the bulk quantity bottles and storing them under the sink, freeing up space to lower the top two adjustable shelves. That allowed me to re-group products via brand. Koch Chemie, CarPro and NV on the top shelf, Auto Glym, Bowdens, Chemical Guys, Meguires and others on the second shelf. Several products, unused for years, found their way to bin.

The third shelf houses various diluted chemicals in Kwazar sprayers.

IMG_8993.jpg

And the best bit is I found some extra space for more products! :rockon:
Does the word “psychiatrist” mean anything to yo? 😂😂😂

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Does the word “psychiatrist” mean anything to yo? 😂😂😂
Have you looked on the Bowdens Own facebook page lately. It is clear that DFB5.0 is certainly not alone. I must admit that my collection is rather large and continues to grow.
Sponsored