The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
A scanner makes it easy, starting from scratch is an engineering challenge:like:
Lolololol, well, if you want to bore yourself with that...
Sponsored

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Supra MkV - Tungsten Silver
m6g business here we come you design the parts i'll get them made in quantity :) profit all round :)
Sounds like a good business proposition there :like:

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Who wears socks when they're pounding?

#ThisHasGoneWayOffTopic
i do in winter :fistbump::piggybank::champagne:

:cwl:

i'm really intrigued in actually looking into designing this from scratch i just don't want to take my bumper off for RnD, if anyone is planning on taking theirs off they could measure up the inside :wink:

Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
i do in winter :fistbump::piggybank::champagne:

:cwl:

i'm really intrigued in actually looking into designing this from scratch i just don't want to take my bumper off for RnD, if anyone is planning on taking theirs off they could measure up the inside :wink:
it'll be almost impossible to measure up / shape without having something to test fit prototypes with its not a straight front to back tube its actually got a kink in it and downward angle which you can't really see by the pictures its quite a complex route there is an airpath there to the box inlet as ford designed it but the big mouth just works to smooth the airflow and negate loss through the open route which ford leave you with ensuring more of the air from the surface area actually makes it into the box and because it then becomes a closed system not open you get a minor ram effect too (although it is minor)
if you were going to do it the best thing would be just to buy one of their and copy / improve it.

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
it'll be almost impossible to measure up / shape without having something to test fit prototypes with its not a straight front to back tube its actually got a kink in it and downward angle which you can't really see by the pictures its quite a complex route there is an airpath there to the box inlet as ford designed it but the big mouth just works to smooth the airflow and negate loss through the open route which ford leave you with ensuring more of the air from the surface area actually makes it into the box and because it then becomes a closed system not open you get a minor ram effect too (although it is minor)
if you were going to do it the best thing would be just to buy one of their and copy / improve it.
Yeah to be fair when we mess about with it, no matter how well we measure up it never fits perfectly first time

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
I didn't see a comparison of air inlet temps on the website...I know that on my stock setup it is usually just few more degrees than the outside air reading.
Still don't see anything on this...

OP
OP
GR11M

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase