Sponsored

UPR Vs. Mishimoto Catch Can? Any other options?

illeagle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium/PP
Once I put my catless downpipe on my car would smoke at idle and real heavy after beating on it. I did a few pulls to log for my tuner then went to taco bell before going home. My car was smoking so bad that the staff was choking, super embarrassing. I installed the UPR dual valve catch can and gutted my factory pcv valve and haven't had any issues at all with smoke since. I've put right at about 1000 miles on it so far without any issues. It may not work for everyone but it did on my car.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Sponsored

boosted_orange

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Once I put my catless downpipe on my car would smoke at idle and real heavy after beating on it. I did a few pulls to log for my tuner then went to taco bell before going home. My car was smoking so bad that the staff was choking, super embarrassing. I installed the UPR dual valve catch can and gutted my factory pcv valve and haven't had any issues at all with smoke since. I've put right at about 1000 miles on it so far without any issues. It may not work for everyone but it did on my car.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
:headbang:

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
But...But...no one will state what driving conditions require two different catch cans with 5 different hoses! Just saying that each car is different...if you don't drive your new 5L GT...I bet the car won't blow oil at all...no need for catch cans!

boosted_orange

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
But...But...no one will state what driving conditions require two different catch cans with 5 different hoses! Just saying that each car is different...if you don't drive your new 5L GT...I bet the car won't blow oil at all...no need for catch cans!
As I mentioned tsunami I'm only running one CC because at idle after being under boost the crankcase pressure is greater causing the oil to back up in the turbo then bypassing the seal "the smoking exhaust"...you notice it more with a catless DP

Ecoboosted15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Perf pack A10
Anyone know of discount codes or where to get the dual valve upr can cheap?

Sponsored

Ron@cp-e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
whoosh
Vehicle(s)
2015 EBM
I love the terminology

clean side, dirty side:doh:

last I checked
the PCV side is pulling oily vapor from the crankcase when the engine is in vac e.g. idle, cruising, etc.

and the valve cover breather is pushing oily vapor from the crankcase when the engine is in boost closing off the PCV but the oil is still dirty isn't it?

LMAO

AtlasMK5s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
15 Ecoboost
Wow this is confusing. I've been waiting on getting a catch can for the last few months to see what hits the market. I've read this thread a few times now and I'm still confused. I have a catless downpipe, it smokes and smells awful. Adams tune has stopped the smoke but the smell is still there. If I gut the pcv and run a upr dual cc will this help?

medic_cop15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Wow this is confusing. I've been waiting on getting a catch can for the last few months to see what hits the market. I've read this thread a few times now and I'm still confused. I have a catless downpipe, it smokes and smells awful. Adams tune has stopped the smoke but the smell is still there. If I gut the pcv and run a upr dual cc will this help?
Yes it'll solve the problem

sent from my Oneplus One via tapatalk
Sponsored