Reaction score
750 S. Eastcoast St, Lake Worth Fl. 33460
Website
www.uprproducts.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
UPR 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Just wanted to add this video to clear up the installation and removal of any UPR Drain plug or Drain Valve. We've sold tens of thousands of both styles of our drain plugs in the past few years and have never needed to pry the tabs and do not recommend prying them. As for running over something and breaking or dislodging the drain plugs has not been encountered until reading this.

We've been working on a UPR Gen2 Drain Valve with some updates I developed to simplify the design. The revision was for ease of use as we strive to improve our products not because of any issues or problems with the first generation other than all the inferior copies forcing me to build a better mouse trap.

Check out the video, and you can see a walk-through on the UPR Drain Valve.
UPR Ford Easy Oil Drain Plug Valve.

I'm positive these will not encounter any issues or problems with loosening or failing running over cones or any type of racing. Unless the oil pan gets destroyed, this unit will remain intact along with our UPR Gen2 Drain Plug. I apologize for not replying sooner and want you to know we stand behind our products.

These will not come loose either as the tabs are designed to lock positively and can be loosed or removed when wearing a glove, allowing a much better grip to twist the plug free. Wearing gloves is recommended for installation and removal as the locking tabs can be hard on your bare fingers.

KZ and Mach1Mike feel free to message me, and I would like to get you the UPR Gen2 Drain Valve to try out and give UPR a chance to restore your faith in our products. We appreciate that you chose us in the first place and would like to extend this offer with confidence.

We are not here to flame or disrespect anyone and would appreciate keeping this post on track so all our fellow enthusiasts can benefit from the information we are sharing and updating.

UPR Drain Valve Operation does not require being cranked shut very tight, and you can just snug it tight as the tension on the o-ring and detent will give you a leak-free product.

Thank you, Joe@UPR
Sponsored

Mrhavasu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Thanks for the video, only problem is like I posted in the 350 section and like others have
is as follows. Mine does not remove like what the video shows. The tangs do not want to
release and they start to dig into the pan. Then I have to slightly bend them back so I can
remove the plug. Then the little handle on the end started to spin free. So after all that,
I discover that the little metal tangs do not spring back to their original position, so now
they are not preventing the plug from turning back out. The tabs on mine have no spring
to them, they just bend and stay that way. Mine does not have the drain plug built in.
So what am I missing here?
Thanks

GT4SHRNG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Hi,
I have the exact same problem as Mrhavasu, my UPR drain PLUG (not valve) tongs will not release/turn from the oil pan, only the head of the UPR drain plug turns freely. Any help would be appreciated. This is only the second time for oil change. The first time oil change with the UPR oil drain plug.

OP
OP
UPRjoe

UPRjoe

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
We absolutely cover that, as I have not seen the handle twist. We sell a lot more of the UPR Billet Drain Valve as it does not get removed, and you just open and close it to drain your oil. Most importantly, that is not an issue we have ever seen. Just PM me your information, and I will send you a replacement and can guarantee that it will not be an issue you will encounter ever again with either model you choose. The UPR standard drain plug or drain valve style. I am just seeing this, and we always make sure our products are performing their best. I will send the replacement out immediately. Joe@UPR

OP
OP
UPRjoe

UPRjoe

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the video, only problem is like I posted in the 350 section and like others have
is as follows. Mine does not remove like what the video shows. The tangs do not want to
release and they start to dig into the pan. Then I have to slightly bend them back so I can
remove the plug. Then the little handle on the end started to spin free. So after all that,
I discover that the little metal tangs do not spring back to their original position, so now
they are not preventing the plug from turning back out. The tabs on mine have no spring
to them, they just bend and stay that way. Mine does not have the drain plug built in.
So what am I missing here?
Thanks
We have since upgraded the drain plugs to have smooth tangs to avoid them from dragging or binding. We are always updating our products and apparently never addressed your reply and apologize for that.

We do recommend the UPR drain valve as it just gets installed and you only open and close the valve to drain it as that has become the best seller for ease of use. You are more than welcome to PM me as I never like to leave without working on a replacement resolution for our customers as they did choose us for a reason and never want them to forget that.

Joe@UPR

Sponsored

Mrhavasu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
GT350
We have since upgraded the drain plugs to have smooth tangs to avoid them from dragging or binding. We are always updating our products and apparently never addressed your reply and apologize for that.

We do recommend the UPR drain valve as it just gets installed and you only open and close the valve to drain it as that has become the best seller for ease of use. You are more than welcome to PM me as I never like to leave without working on a replacement resolution for our customers as they did choose us for a reason and never want them to forget that.

Joe@UPR
I have sent you a PM and I have called and left a message by phone. As I have posted,
never got a response other than what you post here once again. Not trying to be a jerk,
but this is the same old thing as last time. Here is my order #. All my info is there.
Lets see if you make it right this time. I will post an update.
Order ID is #24473

GT4SHRNG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
We absolutely cover that, as I have not seen the handle twist. We sell a lot more of the UPR Billet Drain Valve as it does not get removed, and you just open and close it to drain your oil. Most importantly, that is not an issue we have ever seen. Just PM me your information, and I will send you a replacement and can guarantee that it will not be an issue you will encounter ever again with either model you choose. The UPR standard drain plug or drain valve style. I am just seeing this, and we always make sure our products are performing their best. I will send the replacement out immediately. Joe@UPR
Hi UPRjoe, I just sent you a PM with my original order information. I appreciate your quick response to my post. My invoice:
Invoice Number 22078
Thanks,
Lew

Last edited:
OP
OP
UPRjoe

UPRjoe

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
I have sent you a PM and I have called and left a message by phone. As I have posted,
never got a response other than what you post here once again. Not trying to be a jerk,
but this is the same old thing as last time. Here is my order #. All my info is there.
Lets see if you make it right this time. I will post an update.
Order ID is #24473
PM us your name and info and we'll get you set up today.

Joe@UPR

Mrhavasu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I just sent it over, I responded to the priors PMs we had going concerning this.
Lets see how it goes.
Thanks

GT4SHRNG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I just sent it over, I responded to the priors PMs we had going concerning this.
Lets see how it goes.
Thanks
Joe has been super responsive. I look forward to trying out the updated part. I cannot ask for any better customer support, he says he's sending it out today. I'm on the other side of the country from him so it'll be a few days before I get it. So far 10+ for customer support.

GT4SHRNG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I received updated part just as Joe said he would send. I've been treated first class, really appreciate Joe's responsiveness and the fact that UPR stands behind the quality of their product. I'm planning to do the oil change this weekend so hopefully all goes well... ten quarts and new oil ready to go.
Sponsored