Sponsored

Upgrading a Non Shaker Pro in a 2016 California Special GT

MustangCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various vintage shelbys
My friend really regrets not getting the Shaker Pro like the one I had but now wants to upgrade it without going overboard. His stereo sounds horrible.

We want to install a Sub enclosure either an OEM Shaker sub or the JL Stealth Box.

Does Ford offer a retrofit kit to do this? How difficult will it be to wire this all up using the factory stuff, his car is a 9 speaker Shaker system i think not 100% but his radio does say SHAKER down below.

He doesnt want to rewire the entire car, we found a few door speaker options online from Kicker and JL for the front but he doesnt want to go crazy just a decent upgrade if possible.

if anyone here can share some links, photos or suggested ideas please post them up, we haven't found much via the search
Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I don't think you can install the sub as the harness is not there for the sub.

OP
OP

MustangCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various vintage shelbys
I don't think you can install the sub as the harness is not there for the sub.
how would the signal connect to a sub box with a small mono amp? do you know any vendor offering a nice DIY kit for such?

i figured the harness was not there

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW
Most folks have been tapping in to the rear speaker signal using an LOC, but you will still need to run power from the battery for the amp.
Sponsored