Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Interchiller is also twice the price...

Do you remember what the torque spec was for the nut connecting the liquid line assembly to the to the condenser?

1657824229526.png
I just purchased #19 so I could pull my KC out.
Sponsored

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
All I know of is Kincaid and FI interchiller
Not trying to turn it into a "pissing match" as previously noted, but FI had some pretty disconcerting statements about the KC considering they potentially ripped off their idea. They made a feeble attempt to distance themselves from the statements, but the intent was pretty clear. What bothered me the most was that many of their "facts" about the KC were blatantly false, as I have a brand new kit here in the box in front of me, as well as having installed one of their original kits. Stealing someone's idea, being super protective of your product details and then bad mouthing the competitor you ripped of isn't a great look in my eyes. I have no ties to Joe or the KC other than a customer. I experienced the exact same crappy customer service as everyone else is reporting. I was on the FI site with a genuine interest in purchasing the product if they could justify why it was an upgrade and while I may still end up doing so, I am struggling with their sales tactics. If anyone knows of anything I said being inaccurate, please correct me. I would prefer not to have a reason to avoid them.

OP
OP
Fx2beast

Fx2beast

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 ford f150 2019 mustang gt
Interchiller is also twice the price...

Do you remember what the torque spec was for the nut connecting the liquid line assembly to the to the condenser?

1657824229526.png
I'm a 12 year tech....I don't use torque specs much lol

Sponsored

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Out of curiosity.... Does anyone know the actual origination of using your AC system to cool inlet air? I do remember back in the early fox body days that there was a company that offered an inlet tube that tied in to the AC system. It was largely ineffective and the product faded away quickly, but to my knowledge, Kincaid was the first to use the AC to cool the fluid in an air to water system. I vaguely remember hearing that perhaps an OEM had tried this. Does anyone have any info?
Stumbled across the answer to my question while reading an article from 2017 about Dodge using this technology on the Demon. Imagine the control you could have over this with a modern OEM integration. Anyway, to answer my own question... Apparently Ford did this on a 94 Mach 1 concept car as well as an 03 Lightning concept, so this was not Kinkaid's original idea.

http://www.speedhunters.com/2017/08/using-ac-for-a-cooler-boost-charge/

SH!FT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT premium 6MT VB
Primo is your suction house a 12 or 14? Just realized mine is a 14 (~1-1/16 ID).

Stupid YF. I'm recharging with R134a. Weight should be around 2.5 Ibs. Is this similar to the KC?

Edit** 1-1/16" OD not ID

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fx2beast

Fx2beast

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 ford f150 2019 mustang gt
Primo is your suction house a 12 or 14? Just realized mine is a 14 (~1-1/16 ID).

Stupid YF. I'm recharging with R134a. Weight should be around 2.5 Ibs. Is this similar to the KC?
Killer chiller I believe was 2.00 lb. I'm not sure on the suction hose size. Can't remember. And don't have the car anymore.
Sponsored