Sponsored

UK ONLY VOTES PLEASE: What colour did you choose?

UK ONLY. What colour have you chosen for your Mustang? :)

• Total voters

Travel Lad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EB Fastback
I've just ordered a 5.0 GT Coupe Manual today at Evans Halshaw Preston, I've gone for the Bullitt look so chosen Guard and have opted for the Saddle Leather. I nearly went for DIB but I have a thing for tan/natural leather so that dictated my choice to some extent.

PS Just noticed there's 3 Alfa owners on this page, coincidence or not?!
Great combo - saw saddle interiors on the dark colours when I was in Florida and they really look great!

I nearly went for guard but DIB just edged it for me as I have had a number of darker colours over the past number of years.

Alfa owners know good style when they see it:thumbsup:
Sponsored

NornIron91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I've just ordered a 5.0 GT Coupe Manual today at Evans Halshaw Preston, I've gone for the Bullitt look so chosen Guard and have opted for the Saddle Leather. I nearly went for DIB but I have a thing for tan/natural leather so that dictated my choice to some extent.

PS Just noticed there's 3 Alfa owners on this page, coincidence or not?!
Great choice :thumbsup: Did you get an EDD from your dealer?

crostonian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
BMW 520d M Sport, Alfa 75 TS LE, Alfa GTV V6 24V
Great choice :thumbsup: Did you get an EDD from your dealer?
'This time next year' was about as near to a date I got. To be honest I'm in no rush, never like to have first off the line cars anyway and it gives me chance to save up.

NornIron91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
'This time next year' was about as near to a date I got. To be honest I'm in no rush, never like to have first off the line cars anyway and it gives me chance to save up.
I got told the same by one Ford Store, another told me Q1 2016 so I went with them :D I do want time to save up too, but I'm also that impatient that I want it asap as well :lol:

Jimtasteek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulietta 2jdtm
Does anyone have links to any photos of Competition Orange with the EU-spec lights on the back?

Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
I'm CO. Chose it straight away but after a few weeks I wavered as I did with my Boxster back in 2005.

Really wanted Speed Yellow but then decided to hide in the crowd with Seal Grey.

Thankfully i was passing Bill Shepherd Mustang down in Surrey (I say passing, I did just keep driving down on the off chance) and sitting outside was a CO GT.

I was smitten. It's a brilliant colour and I have not seen one photograph that does it justice. I think the camera just can't deal with it.

Jimtasteek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulietta 2jdtm
Thanks guys. I'm wavering like a loon at the mo. I have an EB in TY on order (only colour I've seen in the metal; truly stunning) with Custom Pack.

Whereas CO with black wheels would cost ÂŁ1k less - which is all my planned 1st-wave mods in one go!

AAAAAAAAaaaargh. One more question to Croyde - in the metal does CO have that pinkish/faded red look it does in many photos?

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Here you go - http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22965

Photos don't do Competition Orange justice imo...
Glad there's a following for this colour, I keep telling myself I'm mad for ordering it. I chose it because a) Orange is one of my favourite colours, b) it is a solid colour (nearly all cars are metallic these days) and therefore looks more, c) 'period' or classic. d) it is at no extra cost and e) it is exclusive to the Mustang.

Triple Yellow or Guard were close seconds but they are costly and I think Guard is a bit too dark if you want a colour. I like blue, but I'd prefer it if it wasn't metallic and a shade or so lighter - will look fab with white stripes.

You're right about the photos. It looks very red in some and a bit pale in others. I'm hoping its more of a burnt or autumn orange to the eye. Mine will likely be the first one I see in the flesh, but I have faith that it will look like I hope.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I love looking at this thread...is there actually anyone out there that chose the only colour they liked & is 100% happy with their decision? I doubt it! On the Yellow; it would be my last choice personally but in the flesh it does look fantastic! Lost count of how many times I nearly called to change my colour - in fact I did once around April time (to black) but never went through with it!

Sponsored

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
Thanks guys. I'm wavering like a loon at the mo. I have an EB in TY on order (only colour I've seen in the metal; truly stunning) with Custom Pack.

Whereas CO with black wheels would cost ÂŁ1k less - which is all my planned 1st-wave mods in one go!

AAAAAAAAaaaargh. One more question to Croyde - in the metal does CO have that pinkish/faded red look it does in many photos?
Not at all, it looks fantastic. I think digi cameras just can't deal with it as it's so good :D

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
They are actually a great selection of colours. I've been Magnetic from day one (cos i'm dull/have no balls ;) ) but over the months there have been beautiful examples of every colour posted on these forums. Originally I wouldn't have considered DIB or Ruby Red, but I would now. TY, CO and OW look superb with the black wheels. Race Red looks great period. Black is black and Guard is...well...something else. Silver fits perfectly with the rear lights and would look amazing with black accents. It would be a tricky choice to make now. If there was no Magnetic...

NornIron91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I chose Race Red as it was my favourite colour out of the options (also I just really like red cars), I've never felt like I made a mistake choosing it. I have to admit though that all the colours look good, some more so than others. If you have ordered a Mustang you are going to have a stunning car no matter what colour it is :headbang:

Jimtasteek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulietta 2jdtm
I love looking at this thread...is there actually anyone out there that chose the only colour they liked & is 100% happy with their decision? I doubt it! On the Yellow; it would be my last choice personally but in the flesh it does look fantastic! Lost count of how many times I nearly called to change my colour - in fact I did once around April time (to black) but never went through with it!
Heck yeah - I think I've seriously considered them all as it is a genuinely great selection. I've changed once and then back again - probably will again before the big day! Really appreciate all the pix posted on these forums.

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Yeah, no one is 100% happy because really most of us would like one in every colour!
Sponsored