Tyres...what's the latest opinion?

markleigh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark... duh!
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red Mustang GT ...just sold :-(
I know this topic's been covered in the past but what's the latest view out there for the 'best' tyres... bearing in mind they'll be on through next winter.
Also... what sort of mileages are people getting on P Zeros before they need changing (line locks excluded)
Thanks
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Pilot sport 4 S is the recommended tire right now. Not used it myself but think I'm close to needing them. Done 5.5k so far
Not necessarily, [MENTION=20104]666mac[/MENTION] and [MENTION=13598]Gibbo205[/MENTION] are actually reporting they're not as good as MPSS. Based on their verdicts the MPSS still top them. I'll let them give you the talk on them as to what's wrong/different with them etc. :thumbsup:

In my eyes i'd be looking at Mpss'.

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'm pretty pleased with my 'budget' Goodyear Eagle F1s. MASSIVE wet grip improvement, haven't felt the need to use wet mode since putting them on even in the pretty wet weather we had a week or two since. Also can't fault the dry performance. I probably don't push my car as hard through corners as much as others, but have taken them beyond the limit when any loss of grip has felt much less scary and far more progressive than the P Zeros. Don't get me wrong, I do like an 'entertaining' driving style from time to time, and this can be achieved with more confidence with the Goodyears. I'll be putting some on the front when when the time comes.

FMGTV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
use to own - "2017 Mustang GT V8 Ruby Red Manual"
I know this topic's been covered in the past but what's the latest view out there for the 'best' tyres... bearing in mind they'll be on through next winter.
Also... what sort of mileages are people getting on P Zeros before they need changing (line locks excluded)
Thanks
I have Bridgestone Potenza S001 20" tyres fitted...Great grip on all surfaces and wet ..... I can say very happy with choice...not sure on availability in UK though. Have had other Bridgestone Potenza tyres on other cars and they have always performed well and given long Kms. :cheers:

Sponsored

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Pirelli released new P Zeros i think​ near end of last year (still call them P Zeros though!), apparently some of the wet issues have been addressed. Not sure how you tell if you've got a later version of the tyre?

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Pirelli released new P Zeros i think​ near end of last year (still call them P Zeros though!), apparently some of the wet issues have been addressed. Not sure how you tell if you've got a later version of the tyre?
There have always been numerous variants of P Zero including M & S rated.

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
What wet issues:shrug:.... as far as I'm concerned the Pzeros have always had excellent wet grip.... people get into trouble with them due to temperature rather than wet conditions...

FWIW! I'm at 14000 miles and still running Pzeros:D

OP
OP
markleigh

markleigh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark... duh!
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red Mustang GT ...just sold :-(
Thanks to all so far... am up to 14k miles. Fronts OK. Rears OK-ish...
M

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
Enoch's right on the wet v temperature aspect, I've just ordered 4 x MPSS on stock sizes, fully fitted with Asda for ÂŁ727, using the magical 140 plus seven random digits :D

Sponsored

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
I had a really good experience with Michelin PS3, have just switched over to Vredestein Ultrac Vorti a few days ago. First impressions are very, very good.

Im sure the MPSS are great, but im only getting about 7-8k miles out of my rears, so €400 a tyre is a bit on the plush side. @ €200 per corner (fitted) the Vreds seem to be excellent.

The PS3s I had were €150 per corner (fitted), which was dirt cheap!

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I had a really good experience with Michelin PS3, have just switched over to Vredestein Ultrac Vorti a few days ago. First impressions are very, very good.

Im sure the MPSS are great, but im only getting about 7-8k miles out of my rears, so €400 a tyre is a bit on the plush side. @ €200 per corner (fitted) the Vreds seem to be excellent.

The PS3s I had were €150 per corner (fitted), which was dirt cheap!
Jesus wept, how wide are your tyres for e400 per corner?! they're about 200-225 here a corner for MPSS'.

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Jesus wept, how wide are your tyres for e400 per corner?! they're about 200-225 here a corner for MPSS'.
Std size.

UK = cheap.

NL = expensive (for everything motoring related).

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
and bugger, ive just checked back on Oponeo and theyve price dropped the Michelins in the last few days.

MPSS on kamikazee offer for €220 per corner (not fitted).

LOL, always happens. Tyre pricing seems very fluid here, constantly up and down between extremes.

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
[MENTION=21204]kapiteinlangzaam[/MENTION], if you used the discount I've posted, it would probably cover the ferry cost for your next U.K. Trip :thumbsup:
Sponsored