Sponsored

Turn off seatbelt chime with no modifications!!!

ryan_meadows412

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang ecoboost
So I figured I would share this for those who dont know. You're able to turn off the seatbelt chime with no modifications by simply plugging in your seatbelt and unplugging it. The specific directions for this are actually in the owners manual. I am not sure what models this works for but I have a 2018 mustang ecoboost and I know it works in my buddy's 2014 ford f150 so it should work in most if not all 14 and up fords. There are also directions to do this on YouTube and it's super easy, takes 5 minutes to do and does not require you to buy anything! Hope this info helps someone!
Sponsored

OP
OP
ryan_meadows412

ryan_meadows412

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang ecoboost
Forescan too
This way is much much much easier. You dont need anything to do it. And it can be turned back on super easy by doing the same steps over again.. if I remember correctly all you do is turn on accessory mode. Wait for the seatbelt light to go off, about 1 min. Then plug and unplug the seatbelt 3 times. Then the light should come back on, then plug it in and unplug it 1 more time. Boom, chime turned off. You can do it for both front seats. And turn it back on whenever. Prevents the light and chime from coming on. And the whole process is outlined on YouTube and in the owners manual. It's too easy to do.

Smokey613

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Race Red
Vehicle Showcase
I read this thread and went out to mine to try it out. Worked great! We often drive to the clubhouse for activities and having to put on seatbelts for the 3 minute drive on private 15mph road can be a annoyance. Hopefully we will have our golf cart this fall and we will use that 99% of the time in our community.

OP
OP
ryan_meadows412

ryan_meadows412

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang ecoboost
I'm so glad this helped someone out. I know it sure did for me when I learned of it. I often drive short distances at fairly slow speeds and simply dont like wearing it. And that chime is so annoying. Just fyi if you have a passenger it will still go off for them unless you do it on that side as well

Sponsored

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang, 2020 Explorer Limited
Vehicle Showcase
I never hear my seat belt chime. The belt's buckled before I press the start button (or turn the key).

Smokey613

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm so glad this helped someone out. I know it sure did for me when I learned of it. I often drive short distances at fairly slow speeds and simply dont like wearing it. And that chime is so annoying. Just fyi if you have a passenger it will still go off for them unless you do it on that side as well
So you have to do it when someone is sitting in the passenger seat or simply do the procedure on the passenger side seatbelt?

OP
OP
ryan_meadows412

ryan_meadows412

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang ecoboost
So you have to do it when someone is sitting in the passenger seat or simply do the procedure on the passenger side seatbelt?
Just do it on the passenger side. I dont believe anyone has to be sitting in it.

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang, 2020 Explorer Limited
Vehicle Showcase
That's great man, I like to live dangerously..
Go for it. I've worn belts since the early 70s. After a few times playing on dirt roads and winding up NOT behind the wheel anymore, I developed the habit. Also I discovered my back doesn't hurt so much on long trips. The belt makes me sit up straight. I can't even re-arrange the cars in the driveway without buckling up.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ryan_meadows412

ryan_meadows412

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang ecoboost
Yeah, I just don't like wearing it. I will on long road trips or if I'm leaving my area, other than that usually dont wear it. All depends for me. But either way I dont like my seatbelt chime on. I could have a heavy box on my passenger seat or something and itll go off.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
My dad adamantly refuses to wear a seatbelt because of one accident he got in in the early 70s so this will be great, if I ever pick him up for anything all I hear is there donger going crazy the entire trip.

OP
OP
ryan_meadows412

ryan_meadows412

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang ecoboost
My dad adamantly refuses to wear a seatbelt because of one accident he got in in the early 70s so this will be great, if I ever pick him up for anything all I hear is there donger going crazy the entire trip.
Well, I'm definitely happy this is helping some people out. For whatever reason people dont wear their seatbelt, at least now they dont have to listen to their car yell at them. Lol. I've even heard of people putting pets in the front seat and it wouldn't stop going off. That's why I shared. Haha

Smokey613

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
We never drive on public roads without wearing our seat belts. We have both worked too many fatal car crashes where the person would have survived had they been wearing a seat belt. But not having to put it on to drive 10mph on the private road the short distance to our clubhouse in inclement weather will be nice. Normally we walk or ride our bikes but recently we find ourselves carrying food up there for a gathering. You know how us old people are! Once we finally get our golf cart it will not matter. :)

Zathras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I've tried this procedure on my '18 and it seemed to work once or twice, but then it went back to behaving "normally." Every time I start the car it still chimes at me. (I wear my seatbelt but I usually don't buckle it until after I start the car and am ready to drive.)
Sponsored