Sponsored

Turbo blanket exhaust wrap install. .

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
I had a similar turbo wrap without the notch. While the actuator arm touched the wrap, it did not impede the movement as the arm was under a high tension after the preload.

[MENTION]Chef jdp[/MENTION], did you install the wrap while the turbo was in place? It was a major PITA when I installed it on my stock turbo, even ended up ripping it in some places. I tried to transfer it over to VS2+, but it crumbled apart when I took it off the stock turbo. I ended up putting the OEM heat shield back on, but wouldn't mind going back to the wrap if I can install it without having to take the turbo off.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
I had a similar turbo wrap without the notch. While the actuator arm touched the wrap, it did not impede the movement as the arm was under a high tension after the preload.

[MENTION]Chef jdp[/MENTION], did you install the wrap while the turbo was in place? It was a major PITA when I installed it on my stock turbo, even ended up ripping it in some places. I tried to transfer it over to VS2+, but it crumbled apart when I took it off the stock turbo. I ended up putting the OEM heat shield back on, but wouldn't mind going back to the wrap if I can install it without having to take the turbo off.
I installed the blanket with the turbo in place and the heat shield permanently removed.
The only fit issue was getting it around the oil/coolant tube that wraps around the left side of the turbo. a bit of wiggling and it got there finally.

OP
OP

trippleyelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f250 turbo diesel and 2016 mustang svo
I installed the blanket with the turbo in place and the heat shield permanently removed.
The only fit issue was getting it around the oil/coolant tube that wraps around the left side of the turbo. a bit of wiggling and it got there finally.
I too had no problem installing my pita t3 turbo blanket mate , and now all good. How is you engine bay heat wise

:ford:

Nice work..

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I too had no problem installing my pita t3 turbo blanket mate , and now all good. How is you engine bay heat wise

:ford:

Nice work..
I gave up with mine.... literally can NOT get that fucking 8mm under the heat shield out lol.

Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I gave up with mine.... literally can NOT get that fucking 8mm under the heat shield out lol.
If you remove the little weight on the motor mount, it makes access to the bolt a lot easier.

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
OK..

What is the weight for..? Just wondering.:cheers:

In Japan there are ground tremors every day of the week .
Engineers designing these towers there have to put hundreds of ton atop these towers to off set the swaying of these buildings .. IT Works by reducing the stresses of the swaying building .. don't you live on the west coast ?:amen:

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored
OP
OP

trippleyelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In Japan there are ground tremors every day of the week .
Engineers designing these towers there have to put hundreds of ton atop these towers to off set the swaying of these buildings .. IT Works by reducing the stresses of the swaying building .. don't you live on the west coast ?:amen:
Brian ..

Are you editor for Calvin and Hobbes ! your way with words are demented and funny, but I get it mate..:thumbsup:

Last edited:
OP
OP

trippleyelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
these car have them all over like a bad case of herpagonasyphilaids
Never had them.. You!!?

A girl in high school gave them out to any freshmen
Looking for them .. Lol

OP
OP

trippleyelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Make it easy for the reader on all my post (truth)
Sponsored