Eco85

Mad Scientist
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
Ive had adam since the beginning and 20 revisions later and countless modifications including big turbo and e85 and she runs strong !!! Its fast and never has the hickups ! Ive learned to change plugs after tuning !
Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
So I'm definitely considering this since the Ford Performance tune is quite low (25hp, 70lb ft.). What I'm worried about is longevity of the engine, how have tune's held up for everyone?
I've got an EcoBoost PP w/ Ford Racing Sport Catback (quad tip GT350 valence) and was planning on the GT350 CAI to go with my RTR grille. I hear having a custom tune would be better to have the car running smoothly, any additional gains would be a plus of course :D.

TL;DR, how's the longevity on these tunes? I'm at 37,000 miles and would like to keep that going haha
There's no need for a tune when you add an intake and catback but you'll sure love having it. Adam's tunes are safe and will really wake that beast up!

MixTape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard Green 2015 Ford Mustang EcoBoost PP
There's no need for a tune when you add an intake and catback but you'll sure love having it. Adam's tunes are safe and will really wake that beast up!
That's my hope, honestly the S-mode does do a pretty good job of waking things up but being able to get some more performance out of it would be really cool, it seems like the EB was a bit squandered from the factory to make room for the GT

Eco85

Mad Scientist
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
OMG Buy the cobb accessport and adam's tune package !!! Would you change the oil in you're car and not the oil filter ? Or did I answer my own question:/

There is enough info here and postive feedback on both Cobb and Adam to show the success and quality!!

OP
OP
Tune+

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Automatic
Haha, thanks guys.

Sponsored

turboph1sh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Ecoboost
I worked with Adam @ tune+ to tune for 93 Octane fuel.

My mods are:

JLT intake
Cobb Turboback Exhaust
CPE FMIC
Tune+ Turbosmart WGA
Denso Plugs from Tune+

It took about 4 revisions to get it right on. Everything runs great, car feels extremely fast, the pops and crackles from the exhaust during certain accelerations/decelerations is awesome.

I received my revisions back within about 5 hours each time.

He helped me out with getting the parts I wanted into a bundle and purchased from his site. Even with a little discount to boot.

Will continue to work with him if I go further with my setup!

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
I worked with Adam @ tune+ to tune for 93 Octane fuel.

My mods are:

JLT intake
Cobb Turboback Exhaust
CPE FMIC
Tune+ Turbosmart WGA
Denso Plugs from Tune+

It took about 4 revisions to get it right on. Everything runs great, car feels extremely fast, the pops and crackles from the exhaust during certain accelerations/decelerations is awesome.

I received my revisions back within about 5 hours each time.

He helped me out with getting the parts I wanted into a bundle and purchased from his site. Even with a little discount to boot.

Will continue to work with him if I go further with my setup!
How do you like the JLT Intake ? I have an MMR and the filter is way down by the pavement and I often wonder if that is picking up the road heat here in Florida but the JLT will get the heat from the hood

turboph1sh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Ecoboost
How do you like the JLT Intake ? I have an MMR and the filter is way down by the pavement and I often wonder if that is picking up the road heat here in Florida but the JLT will get the heat from the hood
I like the JLT, its made of plastic that matches other plastic parts under the hood, its an easy install. Also if you go big turbo, they have designed it so you can cut off the neck down portion to keep using the intake.

Thru the center message screen my Intake temps show near ambient and only climb when idling, then drop once moving again.

I have had JLT intakes on my last 3 mustangs, love them. Glad they made one for the ecoboost!

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
I like the JLT, its made of plastic that matches other plastic parts under the hood, its an easy install. Also if you go big turbo, they have designed it so you can cut off the neck down portion to keep using the intake.

Thru the center message screen my Intake temps show near ambient and only climb when idling, then drop once moving again.
Same here with the MMR but I wonder if the JLT may not heat up as fast since the filter isnt down by the heat of the road. I guess its not that big of a deal on a daily driver.

turboph1sh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Ecoboost
Same here with the MMR but I wonder if the JLT may not heat up as fast since the filter isnt down by the heat of the road. I guess its not that big of a deal on a daily driver.
Also being plastic, it may have a better heat up resistance, meaning it resists heating up better. Plus it is designed to use the cold air intake tract from the stock box so it performs very well even for being up in the engine bay.

Sponsored

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
Also being plastic, it may have a better heat up resistance, meaning it resists heating up better. Plus it is designed to use the cold air intake tract from the stock box so it performs very well even for being up in the engine bay.
I have to agree. Thats why I was asking. Especially since the roads get burning hot here and my filter is about a foot from the road

MixTape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard Green 2015 Ford Mustang EcoBoost PP
Thanks guys! I'm leaning heavily towards the Cobb Accessport with Adams tune now, I'll likely get a Ford Performance CAI with K&N and probably an upgraded intercooler to add to my Performance Sport Quad Exhaust. Might wait for springtime next year though so I can get used to the car in the spring / summer, though I'm not quite sure yet haha.

mtoo22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Whipple GT
Can't say enough about Adam and how he handles his tunes. I've had custom tunes in the past and they are nothing like him. He isn't even afraid to point out when I do something I shouldn't. (3rd gear pull from 1500 rpm....) Out of 10 I would give him a 15!!

DevilDogDoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB 6spd Ruby Red
Real happy with mine, 25 psi and 400 ft/tq per my AP. Pull hard from down low but still easy to drive. Thanks Adam!

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
I've just recently finished the tuning process with Adam and I thought I would share my experience now that I've had some seat time with the final revision.

My journey with this car began like this:

I took delivery of my previously owned 2015 Base EBM equipped with the performance package and the MT-82 in May of 2016. It had only 1800 miles on the odometer when I drove it home.

I was coming from a 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 which was lightly modded running an ethanol blend flash tune from Stratified, so I felt I had some familiarity with this engine, so I immediately started buying up used parts via this forum having a good idea of which direction I wanted to go with this platform.

I purchased a CP-E Delta Core FMIC, Airaid Inlet Tube, AEM Dry Flow filter and a Cobb AP. I also scooped up a used catless downpipe made by ATP which I've still yet to install.

I initially installed the inlet tube and AEM drop in air filter and ran this on the factory tune waiting to have the TSB for the PCV Fixed. Once the dealer completed this,
I installed a set of ITV22's that I purchased from Adam and immediately flashed the Cobb OTS Stage 1 tune.

The stage 1 tune was a definite improvement over stock, but I knew this was only the beginning. I took a few datalogs so I could see the tuning strategy of the OTS tune. I then installed the CP-E Delta core and a UPR DVCC. I was initially disappointed with how the car performed after the install because boost was down. I even tried the Stage 2 OTS to no avail.

I had already purchased Adam's lifetime tune and knew that I was ready to start the tuning process. I retightened all of my charge tubing clamps and contacted Adam who immediately sent me his baseline 93 tune.

My first impression was WOW! Boost was back and back in a big way. I quickly captured a datalog and sent it to Adam for review. Adam responded the next day with a revised tune file which I quickly flashed and took another log. This process would repeat itself a couple more times getting the 93 tune dialed in. Each revision yielded more refinement and power. I think on revision 1.4 we were finished with the 93 tune. I wanted to spend some time driving the car on this revision so I could fully evaluate the tune. Everything was spot on and it really changed the driving characteristics of the car. Throttle response was great and power no longer fell off after 5500rpm. I can definitely say that this is the way Ford should have made this car from the factory.

After a couple of weeks driving on 93, I was ready to sample some of the corn. I again contacted Adam for a base e30 file and like always he responded in less than 24hrs. I immediately went to my local E85 distributer (Gas Station) tested the ethanol content and added 4 gallons to 11 gallons of 93. I then flashed the e30 file and took it for a spin. I was immediately Wow'd and no longer missed my Mazdaspeed. I captured a log and just like before sent it to Adam for review. We repeated this cycle a few more times and when we got through four revisions, everything was dialed in. I am so pleased with how the car performs on E30. The car is a rocket and has surprised quite a few of my friends who drive big V8's. I know there's more left in it once I install the downpipe and WGA, but I would like to take it to the track first and get some baseline runs under my belt.

It has been a pleasure working with Adam throughout the tuning process, his promptness is second to none. I have nothing negative to say about Adam or my experience working with him. I know there are others out there that don't like him because he sometimes comes off a little abrupt and cocky. I will however offer some constructive criticism that is in no way meant to be insulting. I'm a little older and have been around performance cars and modifying them for quite some time, and I have a desire to better understand on a more knowledgeable level about the changes being made. I know that Adam is a one man show and is extremely busy and probably does not have the time to explain everything to the nth degree, but perhaps just a little more insight into the changes he makes without getting into the proprietary tuning aspects would in my opinion improve the experience.

I would not hesitate to recommend Adam as a tuner for your EBM.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.