Sponsored

TSB 19-2026: Aluminum Panel Corrosion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost conv.
I remember when fords slogan was "Quality is Job 1" ...apparently not any more. I have a 2016 ecoboost convertible. In 2019 (just after the 3 yr was up) i saw the hood bubbling. The dealer took photos but rejected it as a paint issue due to it being out of the 3 yr. It the time i didnt realize the hood was aluminum or that there was any known issues and just fugured i hit a rock and was getting rust. Now i have read all the aluminum hood woes. The hood now looks rediculous...
PXL_20220829_131539947 (1).jpg

I took it back to the ford dealer a few months ago and we both felt that ford should cover it...that in 2019 it was misdiagnosed as a paint issues and should have been covered as a aluminum corrrosion issue. They took photos and even had an estimate done at a body shop. submitted it all again (twice) and it was rejected (of course now i am out of the 5 year and ford didnt care that it was first reported back in 2019). Just spent an hr on chat with a very patient rep and went through it all , TSBs, 2016 warrenty quotes etc....and was given no means of escalating the issue to getting further up the food chain. So the dealer submitted 3 times. I have thrown all logic possible at them and they are basically saying sorry ... your out of luck. I love the car and just invested in a new suspension and want this fixed but honestly, right now I feel i should continue to let the paint fall off the hood and put a big arrow on my hood and some text saying "Look at Ford Quality before you buy"!
Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I remember when fords slogan was "Quality is Job 1" ...apparently not any more. I have a 2016 ecoboost convertible. In 2019 (just after the 3 yr was up) i saw the hood bubbling. The dealer took photos but rejected it as a paint issue due to it being out of the 3 yr. It the time i didnt realize the hood was aluminum or that there was any known issues and just fugured i hit a rock and was getting rust. Now i have read all the aluminum hood woes. The hood now looks rediculous...
PXL_20220829_131539947 (1).jpg

I took it back to the ford dealer a few months ago and we both felt that ford should cover it...that in 2019 it was misdiagnosed as a paint issues and should have been covered as a aluminum corrrosion issue. They took photos and even had an estimate done at a body shop. submitted it all again (twice) and it was rejected (of course now i am out of the 5 year and ford didnt care that it was first reported back in 2019). Just spent an hr on chat with a very patient rep and went through it all , TSBs, 2016 warrenty quotes etc....and was given no means of escalating the issue to getting further up the food chain. So the dealer submitted 3 times. I have thrown all logic possible at them and they are basically saying sorry ... your out of luck. I love the car and just invested in a new suspension and want this fixed but honestly, right now I feel i should continue to let the paint fall off the hood and put a big arrow on my hood and some text saying "Look at Ford Quality before you buy"!
Call Ford yourself. Explain that you had this concern under warranty. Ask to escalate to area rep. Don’t use chat.

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost conv.
Call Ford yourself. Explain that you had this concern under warranty. Ask to escalate to area rep. Don’t use chat.
Good idea...i will see if i can get the quote from the dealer and ask about the regional rep. Crazy thing is that i specifically asked if there is someone i can escalate this to and they said no. Figures.

ConspicuousConsumption

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP MT, Explorer ST
Good idea...i will see if i can get the quote from the dealer and ask about the regional rep. Crazy thing is that i specifically asked if there is someone i can escalate this to and they said no. Figures.
sorry you’re going through that. My 2015 looks the same. I’m contemplating getting a Cervini hood instead of another 50/50 shot at a problematic aluminum hood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost conv.
What a joke ford customer service was...they totally wasted my time (alot of it). I did contact them and started conversing with an agent. She was very helpful, I explained that the dealer had already gotten an estimate (ridiculously high) and that i had gotten one for about half that much. She told me to take the car back to dealer and have them resubmit. I went back to the dealer...they had the car for a day and told me that Ford wants the quote refreshed since it was a few months old. Then i made an appointment with the dealers body shop...take the car there...they update the quote...

I resubmit the quote to the ford dealer...the customer service rep then sends me this email...

1672520909694.png

The only offer i got was "Sorry...we are not going to help with this repair."...and when i tired to email her back my email was blocked

1672521028542.png

All they did was waste my time and frustrate me because of their poor quality. I give up...getting some touch up and covering it up untill i cant stand it any more or decide to sell the car...then figure out what to do. I feel like putting a big arrow on my hood with a sign that says "Ford Quality?"
Sponsored