Sponsored

TS IWG 75 wastegate swap

greg hazlett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion Sport
Picked up the TS WG from LRS, been putting it off for a while as I am just not sure how to set the preload; decided to tackle it this weekend, here as the steps to removing it (thanks to jbailer for them).

I had extra steps as I had to remove the STB and the hose going into the turbo.

1. Disconnect red terminal to gain access to 2 passenger side 15mm nuts for the STB
2. Remove STB
3. Remove the engine cover
4. Remove 2 13mm nuts at top of heat shield.
5. Remove Torx T30 bolt from bottom rear of heat shield. I found it easiest to gain access to it from under the car. Best if you remove that little can on motor mount to get to this first, it is held on by a 10mm bolt.
6. Bend and muscle the heat shield out of there pulling to the top.
7. Remove pressure line to wastegate. I used a pair of 90 degree needle nose pliers to slide the silver clamp off.
8. Remove retaining pin from wastegate rod end. Careful you don't lose this! What I did was placed a rag under the rod and on top of the motor mount so when the C clip came out it would not bounce/go flying; this clip is PITA to remove, I used a long flat tip screwdriver and pressed down until it popped off.
7. Remove 2 10mm nuts that hold wategate onto bracket.
8. I could not figure out how to remove the WG rod from the bracket until I went back under the car and pulled on it and it popped off.

So...all stock parts off and now to install the new one...I read the directions and it says to put 2mm of pre load on which in talking to others is 1 turn but still not 100% on this, do I run the bar with the hole on it all the way up the threaded shaft and then test fit? :shrug:

Pics of the old WG, new WG, C clip and bolt on the bottom of the flashing:
IMG_2095.jpg
IMG_2093.jpg
IMG_2094.jpg
IMG_2096.jpg
IMG_2097.jpg
IMG_2098.jpg
IMG_2099.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP

greg hazlett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion Sport
What jbailer sent me and kind of makes sense:

It really is easy though. All you do is turn the jam nut in towards the wategate to get it out of the way. Then just set it in there with the 2 bolts going through the mounting holes and push the base of the wastegate up to the mount. Then turn the rod end until it is 2mm away from going onto the connection. To be honest, I didn't measure it. 2mm is just a hair more than 1/16". All I did was turn the rod end until I could slip it on the mounting bar with it in the closed position. Then I unscrewed it one turn which left it where it looked like it was about 1/16 - 1/8" so I had to pull the rod end out just a little bit to get it on the mounting bar. It really is easy though.

KazyMedic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RX-8 and Toyota 86
Performance thoughts?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

ronv95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
How did this work out for you?

OP
OP

greg hazlett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion Sport
Just installed the additional 5 lb spring to go along with the 10 lb spring that it came with, as soon as I get the viking shocks back and installed I can get some pulls in and see that my tuner thinks.

Sponsored

ronv95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Sounds good, I appreciate it.

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Automatic
Greg,

Hope you don't mine me sharing, a video of a quick install.

[ame]
Sponsored