Domstrebe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT MY2018 PP1
Hello Folks,
I'm willing to retrofit the Lane Keeping Assist and auto high beam on my MY2018 GT Premium. I have already acquired a few parts and want to use this thread to gather missing information and share my experiences during this whole process. At the end this may be a full Guide, so let's begin :).

As far as I know, by checking some wiring diagrams, the LKA is also necessary for adding ACC, because the wires from the CCM (radar) run through the camera before reaching the BCM. No idea if you need CCM for the LKA to run, but I want to add it anyway. At the moment I'm just having the auto-dimming rear view mirror without the camera and rain sensor. Retrofitting the Camera, also known as IPMA (Image Processing Module A) would include a retrofit of the rain sensor. I do think that there's also an upgrade to the digital gauge cluster necessary.

I have gathered following information concerning the needed parts and wiring (except ACC and Digital Gauge Cluster):

Windshield JR3Z-6303100-A (This one has fixtures for the rain sensor and the camera)

Camera JR3Z-19G490-A

Rain sensor JU5Z-17D547-A

Rain Sensor Cover BL3Z-17D550-A

Steering Column Control Module JR3Z-3F791-KA (Auto wipers and lane departure) JR3Z-3F791-LA or JR3Z-3F791-DA (Auto wipers/heated wheel/lane departure)

Pigtail for wiring 3U2Z-14S411-AJD

Everything is connected to the Inline Terminal C919 which is located behind the A-Pillar cover on the drivers side (at least for LHD).
Unfortunately I have no information about part numbers for the needed terminals.
Furthermore I can only guess what those four terminals, which can be seen on the diagrams, will do at the end.
My guesses are following:

One terminal to wire up the light sensor

One for the rain sensor

Next one for the camera

Last one for the heating element that is in front of the camera and part of the windshield

I ask myself in which way the stock wiring of the light sensor differs to the retrofit pigtail. Does it also connect to Inline C919?

I have also found nothing on programming but I don't think that this will be a big problem.

Those are all Information I could gather myself to this point.

I'm really looking forward to do this. If you find any misinterpretations or additional Infos please correct me.

Greetings
Sponsored

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
OMG, I just got back from driving to L.A. and back from S.J. putting about 800 mostly freeway miles on a brand new (had 5 miles on the odo) 2021 Premium EcoBoost Convertible and I HATE Lane Keeping Assistance. At first I thought the car was tram-lining (which it turned out was also happening, but in different situations) but it was also vibrating the wheel and turning it back towards the center of the lane anytime I got close to either line. The worst was when there were old and new lines or seams in the concrete that did not follow the lanes. It was totally frustrating. I tried to turn it off, but could only make it warning only and lower the warning output from the wheel. I DO NOT WANT THIS SYSTEM, it sucks and unless you drive while sleeping is a total pain in the @ss. The tires don't seem to like the grooves cuts into the concrete of SR-85 through South San Jose, it tram-lines like crazy, and only has the fairly narrow, Pirelli P Zero Nero 235-50ZR18s.